Question about 3DS eshop

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
there is such a thing like nintendo points or gifting?

Nintendo points, no, but gifting is possible to a limited extent (only digital purchases made using Nintendo's website, and you have to have the download code delivered to you by e-mail)

Mario4Ever said:
Nintendo points, no, but gifting is possible to a limited extent (only digital purchases made using Nintendo's website, and you have to have the download code delivered to you by e-mail)
Are north american eshop cards like possible to use in a south american country?

Sylveon said:
Are north american eshop cards like possible to use in a south american country?
I'm actually not sure. I would say no, but it's best if someone else could confirm if you can or not.

Lakituthequick said:
I have heard at some places that those cards also work in Canada, but that contradicts that sentence.
I had checked the back of our cards, and they either say "only work in Canada" or "only work in the US and Canada", depending on the card.

Snowzomi Mistletoujou said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have heard at some places that those cards also work in Canada, but that contradicts that sentence.
I had checked the back of our cards, and they either say "only work in Canada" or "only work in the US and Canada", depending on the card.
Okay, that is handy to know.

Though either way, it won't work in South American countries.

Glaceon said:
I'm pretty sure it depends on the 3DS and its settings.
It depends on what country is set on the NNID. It is possible to fool it, it won't look at your IP address, but it can't be changed after first setting it.

We have a convenient list of supported countries here.

Glitchy said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have found this picture of the back of an eShop card, which says: "Valid for use in the United States only." So cards from the US do not work in South American countries.

I could've swore they said for use in the United States and Canada. Maybe it depends on the card
Could be cards made before NNIDs were added to the 3dS?

"For use in the EU(well EWC or something, which includes all the countries like Norway and Iceland, except for Switzerland) and Switzerland"

FE move to French Guiana

Sylveon said:

iirc im pretty sure to even access the full eshop (i.e. any kind of downloadable software that isnt an update patch) you'll need to set your location to either the united states or canada
after that i guess you'll probably need to get your eshop cards from the country that you set your location to

Lakituthequick said:
Freakworld said:
well EWC or something
I assume Europäischer Wirtschaftsraum, or European Economic Area in English.

couldve been that it was that

wait actually nvm i got an eshop card lying around here

"EWR und die Schweiz"

yeah okay

Back