What are the odds of Wario and Waluigi appearing in an RPG?

Fawfulthegreat64

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I know Wario had a (small) cameo in Superstar Saga; he was supposed to appear in person but all the Starbeans cameos were replaced with E. Gadd. Also his and Waluigi's clothes were in TTYD. But before Dream Team was announced, I heard rumors and even saw a fanmade logo for M&L RPG 4 with Wario and Waluigi. What are the odds that they might be in M&L:DT or any RPG for that matter?
mario_luigi_wario_and_waluigi_rpg_4ww_by_doctorwalui-d54jd99.png

Waluigi has a better shot of appearing in RPGs, thanks to Toadette at least appearing in it, than him appearing in platformers.

But Waluigi doesn't even have a chance of appearing elsewhere of the sports/party spinoffs. Same with Wario, but add his own respective series. For some reason, Nintendo hates making characters such as Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette, etc. play big roles in their games.

Waluigi was the main villain of DDR: Mario Mix (until Bowser showed up, at any rate); yeah, I know it's still a spin-off of sorts, but it beats your average part/sports/kart appearance, at any rate.

fanmade logo for M&L RPG 4 with Wario and Waluigi
It would have been so awesome if that were real.

I don't really consider Waluigi to be the main villain of DDR:Mario Mix. Sure he let loose the music keys, but after you beat him (and he's like the first boss), he disappears from the game

He's not black; he got a tan

I wish the wario ware characters could have their own RPG.

I don't really know why this the topic is particularly doing with Wario bros, since this problem applies to all other characters beside Mario bros, Peach and Bowser, who never had major appearances (partners or bosses) in RPG games since N64 era. Especially the fact that SPM had other characters playable but Sticker Star gave no new chances.

It can be very easy for Wario bros to appear, since there were several chapters about hunting treasure. Like someone said, Nintendo hate them for no reason maybe.

Dorayaki said:
I don't really know why this the topic is particularly doing with Wario bros, since this problem applies to all other characters beside Mario bros, Peach and Bowser, who never had major appearances (partners or bosses) in RPG games since N64 era. Especially the fact that SPM had other characters playable but Sticker Star gave no new chances.

Because this topic is about the Wario Bros. specifically

Shouldn't being pale increase the chances of being tanned? How do you know he wasn't in a tanning booth before he showed up for the artwork?

It would be cool to see them in an rpg, but I would be more interested in seeing them in there own stand alone game. The chances of the odd duo getting there own game are low but the chances of them getting thrown in with Mario and Luigi are much better. Look at Super mario 64 ds, nobody expected nintendo to put wario in that game let alone everbody else.

What I'm trying to say is, with nintendo anything can happen if they feel in the mood to do somthing out of the ordinary.

Geno said:
What I'm trying to say is, with nintendo anything can happen if they feel in the mood to do somthing out of the ordinary.

Such as not putting Wario in a Mario game filled with treasure

I'm sorry, I'm still bitter over New Super Mario Bros. 2's wasted potential.

Still, even if it was pennies, Wario would risk his life for it. He is that cheap.

This is Wario we're talking about, not Mr. Krabs. Wario is a treasure hunter, not some creep with a money fetish.

Well I think he's a creep with a money fetish :wario:

Baby Luigi said:
Geno said:

Such as not putting Wario in a Mario game filled with treasure

I'm sorry, I'm still bitter over New Super Mario Bros. 2's wasted potential.

I agree, but nintendo goes through phases were they do things right and times where they just blow it. I tends to happen right at beginning and toward the end of a consoles life-cycle. Do a little research and you will see what I mean.

I'd love to see Wario and Waluigi appear in an RPG. I could see it happening at some point, too.

Grifty said:
Fawful said:
Grifty said:
I agree with all the ppl who say nsmb2 was just awful!

Come on, it wasn't that bad.
Star Road was disspointing!
Well NSMB2 is good for a NSMB game.
The real disappointment is Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Uuurgh...

But let's get back on topic, what do you think of :wario: and :waluigi: being in an RPG?

Back