King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I don't get how DK's teeth work. sometimes they are there:

Donkey_Kong_Artwork_%28alt%29_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

But sometimes, they are not!:

Donkey_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

What sorcery is this?!

dk's teeth are not only retractable, but can be individually shot out of his mouth and back in, this is how he grabs bananas from really high trees he can't climb

Dammit DK, stop copying Toothless!

Diddy too, but he's weirder because he grew a finger.

DiddyKongHeadbuttMoon.png

DiddyKongTropicalFreeze.png

I voted Retractable. I like to think that DK's teeth is a cartoon teeth that can appear when the moment needs it, which for some reason doesn't include when he's eating a banana. I really like Donkey Kong showing his teeth because he looks funnier with them.

Thank you for reading.

Tennis Toad said:
Maybe it's simply a mistake Nintendo made.
i mean that is the case, but let people have their fun

My guess? They're dentures. Even if Donkey Kong isn't the original Donkey Kong, he's gotta be getting old by now. Maybe he lost his teeth and needs dentures.

i don't think it's a mistake, it's just art direction.

I mean if it was a mistake they would not specifically made him do poses where he shows his teeth and he has plenty of those ... however, they would look bad if used in a pose like the one above eating a banana.

It's just matter of what they are aiming.

i mean that is the case, but let people have their fun

He literally didn't do anything to stop anybody having their ''fun''... just posted his opinion.

How come DK and Diddy have individually-rendered teeth while Wario and Waluigi have simplified white blocks for teeth?

Humans have just blocks for teeth in this universe, as you can see with the Mario Bros.'s teeth

334px-Luigimansionart2.png

So, when Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have that one tooth, it's the same one tooth Mario and Luigi have, just widened out.

Back