Donkey Kong Country Returns HD

Sweetie Belle

It's not chaos, you dodo!
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
MiracleDinner
Today's Nintendo Direct announced that DKCR is getting an HD port on the Switch. I'm not sure I'll get it if it's identical to the Wii version in every way other than being HD, as I already own it on both Wii and 3DS.

I wonder why they remade this game a second time? I already have it for the Wii and 3DS, so I won't get this one.
Availability on the latest system probably, as neither existing version of DKCR is playable on the Switch

I recognised it as returns instantly even though i never played the original
I don't have this on the wii so yeah, pretty hyped

It's great to see a remake for older consoles for the Switch. But it somehow feels like they have this in the back burner for a while for when they need a new game to fill the gap. Still though, at least Donkey Kong Country Returns is available yet again.

I think that compared to Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, the price is probably not going to sting as bad only because compared to the original's $50, this is a bit more palatable. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD probably only have that $60 price to begin with for its brand power and psychology on the customer,

Thank you for reading.

Honestly, kind of a disappointment for us DK fans. The fact that the Switch will go without a new DK game but instead have 2 remakes cements (in my opinion) the fact that Nintendo has given up on the franchise. It's too bad, but at the very least Switch owners will now get to play DKCR. And, in my opinion, the graphics do look pretty good for what they are, better than LM2 HD's graphics.

Apparently the developer for this remaster is Forever Entertainment… who's best known for subpar remakes and remasters. I, personally, have played both FE's ports of Cooking Simulator and Thief Simulator and they are a bit rough at the edges. Maybe because it's Nintendo this remaster may be of high quality?

Back