Super Mario Party Jamboree Character Predictions

What characters not shown in the trailer do you guys think we'll get? I think Diddy, Dry Bones, & Hammer Bro will be revealed before release because Nintendo will more than likely go the Superstars route & show a trailer before the release!

Not who I think we'll get but I still want the babies playable.

Well we didn't get many unlockables or DLCs in previous Party game so I'd say don't put too much hope.

Sure if they'd add more, Pauline would likely be the obvious one according to the pattern. Would be very surprising if they do add a different big name for this time.

Not who I think we'll get but I still want the babies playable.

Not my MW but too awkward to never have them here.

You know for sure I'll be Shy Guy no matter what as long as character dice blocks don't return (His was horrid in Super, being 0, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4)
Really? A lot of places I've seen have his character dice block as one of the better ones in the game, specifically citing his consistency with rolling 4s. To each their own I guess.
Well we didn't get many unlockables or DLCs in previous Party game so I'd say don't put too much hope.
Pretty much this. ND cube is pretty notorious for not putting DLC in their games (about the closest we ever got is an update that added online to SMP), and it almost breaks my heart when people expect them to break that trend.

Really? A lot of places I've seen have his character dice block as one of the better ones in the game, specifically citing his consistency with rolling 4s. To each their own I guess.

Pretty much this. ND cube is pretty notorious for not putting DLC in their games (about the closest we ever got is an update that added online to SMP), and it almost breaks my heart when people expect them to break that trend.
I mean, it's consistent, but low. And if you roll a 0, which is 16.6% chance, thats not great, especially if you are on a bad space, but it is great if you are on an ally or item space.

Something I've noticed about the roster is how much they stuck with the cast from earlier games. Do you notice how of Bowser's Minions, they all are introduced in the first four Super Mario games, the first, second (aka USA one), third, and fourth (aka World)? Pom Pom is pretty much the only one who's from a modern game, that being 3D Land.

It's not like Mario's side is much better. The standard cast is there which is good to see, but it has a distinct lack of friendly species which is ALSO generally an issue with other spinoffs. Toads are probably the only friendly species that you see, as with Yoshi (and Birdo despite introduced as an enemy species), and those are from the first four Super Mario games too! Not even Super Mario 64 onwards, which introduced more friendly species, got a lot of playable moments.

You know what, I am not going to make any predictions here, but more like what I thought would be the ideal scenario. What would be nice to see are:
  • Penguin (a species introduced in Super Mario 64 and it would be nice to see another animal in the ranks, similar to Monty Mole)
  • Luma (a species introduced in Super Mario Galaxy and has closer ties to Rosalina, floatiness won't be an issue since Boo's here too)
  • Nabbit (could be introduced since they got some attention in the Mario platformers as of late)
  • Bandit (introduced in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, could be included if there's a need for another Bowser's Minions)
  • Broozer (a New Super Mario Bros. enemy; I feel that newer enemies tend to not have the humanoid build to have many options, unfortunately)
Prediction-wise, I will just go the safe route and say Pauline is a safe pick.

It's funny to describe them as "notorious" in this way because the opposite is considered the notorious decision, as in, adding DLC after the game's release. So like you have Camelot releasing post-release updates for Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, not to mention Mario Strikers doing the same, which is considered the underhanded decision to extend the game's lifespan.

And then we have a company releasing games that don't do the thing that got criticised often, and then they are the notorious one for NOT doing what is generally the notorious thing to do (which is post-release updates). In this case, NDcube is criticised because they released the games with content in the cart, no additional content post-release. I guess the gameplay for Mario Party makes them more worthy for it, maybe.

I guess you mean like a larger scale expansion like what Booster Course Pass ended up being, or maybe the Home Designer expansion for Animal Crossing. In this case, I guess for Mario Party, this is not seen as the most feasible model?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
It's funny to describe them as "notorious" in this way because the opposite is considered the notorious decision, as in, adding DLC after the game's release. So like you have Camelot releasing post-release updates for Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, not to mention Mario Strikers doing the same, which is considered the underhanded decision to extend the game's lifespan.

And then we have a company releasing games that don't do the thing that got criticised often, and then they are the notorious one for NOT doing what is generally the notorious thing to do (which is post-release updates). In this case, NDcube is criticised because they released the games with content in the cart, no additional content post-release. I guess the gameplay for Mario Party makes them more worthy for it, maybe.

I guess you mean like a larger scale expansion like what Booster Course Pass ended up being, or maybe the Home Designer expansion for Animal Crossing. In this case, I guess for Mario Party, this is not seen as the most feasible model?

Thank you for reading.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. I might have taken it a little too far by saying "notorious", but I do know Mario fans out there who expected DLC for Super Mario Party or Mario Party Superstars and were disappointed that there wasn't any. It feels tougher these days than any to find the right balance between no DLC and stuffing everything into DLC.

Back