Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

I don't have it, but this game is very good if you're a speedrunner. I've seen gameplay and I can totally see this being a rage game though.

the fact that this game doesn't have any leaderboards* is one of the most braindead decisions nintendo has ever done

the game is literally called 'nintendo world championships' and the whole point of the game is doing speedrunning challenges

what's the fuckin point if you don't have a leaderboard to see where you place in this game that literally has the word 'championships' in the title

*yes i know there are weekly leaderboards for like the weekly challenges but said leaderboard is like where you're ranked and then like the 10 people below you and that's it

I've had my hand in (unrecorded) speedrunning, such as SMB1 and NSMBU Deluxe, but nothing much more than that. This could help out with that, especially the Master Challenges
Would this cartridge even be compatible with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or record your playtime or anything? If I recall it's for the old NES console and not Wii U, right? (I apologize if this is a stupid question.)

Last edited:
Would this cartridge even be compatible with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or record your playtime or anything? If I recall it's for the old NES console and not Wii U, right? (I apologize if this is a stupid question.)
I was justifying what I've speedran before, but sorry for confusing you about the NSMBU Deluxe stuff.
the game actively stops you from being able to perform specific glitches/skips in the games, so I wouldn't really says it's very good as a speedrunning tool
Yeah I saw about that. That is pretty smart coming from Nintendo, but devastating to players midway in a challenge, because it resets the entire challenge if you use an "Invalid strategy"

Back