Mysterious Mario Bros.

KeshiCorner

Goomba
Mysterious Mario Bros. (怪奇マリオブラザーズ) was an unofficial line of Mario toys depicting creepy and ghoulish versions of beloved Super Mario Bros. characters:

1723576467979.png

These toys, created (apparently without permission) by veteran gachapon toy company Konno Sangyo, were direct parodies of the official Super Mario Bros. toys produced around that same time by Bandai and Amada, as seen in this diagram:

1723576858959.png

Thanks to their bizarre appearance, murky origins, and overall rarity, the Mysterious Mario Bros. figures are now prized collectibles among both Mario collectors and keshi gomu figure collectors (keshi gomu is the name for this style of solid color rubber figure that enjoyed popularity throughout the 1980s and 1990s). When these do come up for sale, they command high prices!

Happily, I was able to get a hold of a few of these toys, and I produced 3D scans of them so that anyone can download the model files and appreciate their creepy appearance! I hope you enjoyed learning more about this strange tidbit of Mario merchandise history!

item image #1
Mario0001-0240.gif
item image #1
Links to the model files available here:

Back