Model showcase for New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Nintendo101

frog stuck in a saline pool
Wiki Patroller
MarioWiki
Nintendo101
I am drafting revisions to the New Super Mario Bros. game articles to better align them with their sister mainline games. For New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I wanted to bring in 3D models since it really did not use traditional sprites like prior games. We did not have many of them on the wiki, and the ones we did have were t-poses, so this project served as a my reintroduction to Blender, which I have not used in at least eight years.

@Ray Trace, unprompted, took it upon herself to provide me with direct animation files for many of these enemies, saving me a significant amount of time and assuring these enemy renders look as close to the genuine articles as they can be. This was extremely cool of her and I appreciated it a lot. Trace, @LeftyGreenMario, and @stache were also kind enough to promptly answer my questions about Blender and provide feedback while giving me the space to figure things out on my own, which was also super cool of them.

As a way of saying thank you and a silly desire to have the work I have done hung up on the fridge, I thought I would share some of the renders I made here. The fun thing about some of these models is that they are of enemies that are rare in the franchise, like Climbing Koopa, Bulber, Jellybeam, Broozer, and Bull's-Eye Banzai. Some of these enemies have never received official artwork for close-up reference. These renders are not perfect - I am still familiarizing myself with what Blender can do. However, overall, I am happy with how most of these came out. This is beyond what I ever expected to do. I hope y'all like it! Feel free to provide feedback in the comments if you would like.

NSMBW_Asset_Model_Hefty_Goomba.png
NSMBW_Asset_Model_Koopa_Troopa_%28Red%29_2.png
NSMBW_Asset_Model_Koopa_Paratroopa_%28Red%29.png
NSMBW_Asset_Model_Climbing_Koopa.png

Back