Give full coverage to the Kinoppe Forever manga?

Eh?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
(the poll is informal and isn't a substitute for a wiki proposal.)

-the character Kinoppe was specifically created for a Mario manga. The Kinoppe Forever manga was her next appearance in a comic series, decades later. Given the large span of time between the two publications, and the fact that she appears in a starring role in the latter publication, I'd say that it can be reasonably considered a spin-off of the Mario franchise. (in contrast to what happened with Banjo and Conker, who may have debuted in Diddy Kong Racing, but appeared in that game largely to promote their upcoming starring entries, which were in active development at the time.)

-in addition, she derives from a species in the Mario franchise (Toad).

-both the Mario manga she originated from and her spin-off are copyrighted by Kazuki Motoyama. (see page below as proof for the former; imgur link). He has authority over both works (not the Mario IP itself, however--there's a difference!), including the character Kinoppe, so IMO the official capacity of the Mario manga is passed on to the spin-off, contradicting what the wiki currently claims ("Due to their self-published nature, [the Kinoppe doujin books] are not considered official Super Mario material.") Her spin-off can't be considered adjacent to fan-art, like the comic sequel to the '93 Mario film.
5M0ywY8.jpeg

-the spin-off being extremely far-removed from the Mario franchise, with Kinoppe being their only tie, isn't, I think, a great argument against this giving it coverage. Consider that Wario is similarly the only piece connecting the Mario franchise with the game Wario: Master of Disguise, which is probably the furthest a work fully covered by Mario Wiki has gone from the Mario franchise in terms of scenario and characters.

Last edited:
I suppose this was made with Diddy Kong Racing in mind, but I feel there's a stronger case to be made if this spinoff manga had still Mario's name tied to it, like say "Mario's Vacation Time" and Kinoppe was a major character, similar to Diddy Kong Racing having "Diddy" be spelled out.

That being said, Zelda Wiki still has Tingle's games on there, but I'm not sure how removed from the Link series these games are. Maybe we should be seeing it more from that angle.

Back