Most underrated video games

A New World Record said:
Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC.

its sorta underrated, but its known to have the absolute best ost of all gbc games, and sometimes in the pokemon series.

Wario ware DIY, More people need to play this game. Do you remember mario paint?

Wave Race Blue Storm
Etrian Odyssey
The whole Ys series (except for the music, which has attracted decent attention with its godliness)

PMSS makes me wanna vomit.

I remember I had Wave Race Blue Storm for a time, but gave it to GameStop because I got bored with it.

Almost forgot Rayman 3. It is one of the best Rayman games. Way better than the massively overrated Rayman 2 as well with hilarious dialouge, better gameplay, levels, music and the inclusion of powerups. Don't get me wrong here I like Rayman 2 as well but I find Rayman 3 better in so many ways. Plus Globox gets the spotlight for the first time.

Lux-Pain (DS)
Purposefully talking like the speech in the game
To Boozooka, the only real thing that gave this game bad reviews is the atrosious translation. A-ctually, it's a good game. You at least know what he's saying, so to me, if I get what they're saying, it's fine. The graphics and music are both simply fantastic, and the voicing actually is decent. It's got a very serious plot to it, but throws in a bit of humor at points, which a game should do at times, to keep the player from feeling bored. Also, it knows when to place this humor.

Super Mario Land.

If I had to choose an underrated game, it would be Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I personally think it's the best game in the series.

The last time I've played it was in August 2023 (over 5 years since my previous Playthrough in 2018) and I did as much as I possibly could:
  • All Expert Challenges
  • All beans
  • There isn't a ? Block indicator of any kind, so I got as many ? Blocks as I could (it ended up being 99% so I must've missed some)
  • All Battle Ring and Giant Battle Ring battles (including the medleys!)
  • All Mad Skillathon and Broque Madame challenges (I didn't even know she had challenges until my most recent playthrough). I got 999 points in all of them too!
  • Beat the game, obviously!
  • All Pi'illos (you need to save all of them anyway to clear all Expert Challenges)
  • Reached Rainbow Rank for both bros.
  • Got all Bros. and Luiginary Attacks (also needed for Expert Challenges)
I will say that I've never even attempted hard mode. Maybe one day in the future?

By the end of the game, I had Mario equip the Expert Boots, Expert Hammer, Expert Wear and the Duplex Crown. He attacks twice and basically destroyed everyone. It was awesome. I chose Mario over Luigi because he's the one who fights in the Dream World.

This game has a special place in my heart for not only being my favorite game in the series but for being the first one I've played.

Eh, I like Croc and stuff. Think most people have completely forgotten those games existed but they're at least fun to play. Also, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III. I know people say it's not as good as its predecessors but being able to no longer have to just be confined to your craft's cockpit and getting to run around and shoot Imperial Stormtroopers and Scout Troopers and Snowtroopers on the ground is super fun. However, it's extremely hard, so you won't be able to get through it without the "infinite lives" cheat code. Trust me. I've pretty much found all Rogue Squadron games so difficult they are impossible to beat without them. Also, like, I know OG Spyro fans don't really like the "Legend of Spyro" reboot series but I personally enjoy it just because it has to do with Spyro, and it's a franchise I like, so frankly I like all the Spyro games including Legend of Spyro, Skylanders and the original games but the original games are probably the best ones objectively.

Last edited:
If I had to choose an underrated game, it would be Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I personally think it's the best game in the series.

The last time I've played it was in August 2023 (over 5 years since my previous Playthrough in 2018) and I did as much as I possibly could:
  • All Expert Challenges
  • All beans
  • There isn't a ? Block indicator of any kind, so I got as many ? Blocks as I could (it ended up being 99% so I must've missed some)
  • All Battle Ring and Giant Battle Ring battles (including the medleys!)
  • All Mad Skillathon and Broque Madame challenges (I didn't even know she had challenges until my most recent playthrough). I got 999 points in all of them too!
  • Beat the game, obviously!
  • All Pi'illos (you need to save all of them anyway to clear all Expert Challenges)
  • Reached Rainbow Rank for both bros.
  • Got all Bros. and Luiginary Attacks (also needed for Expert Challenges)
I will say that I've never even attempted hard mode. Maybe one day in the future?

By the end of the game, I had Mario equip the Expert Boots, Expert Hammer, Expert Wear and the Duplex Crown. He attacks twice and basically destroyed everyone. It was awesome. I chose Mario over Luigi because he's the one who fights in the Dream World.

This game has a special place in my heart for not only being my favorite game in the series but for being the first one I've played.
Dream Team is also my favorite Mario & Luigi game, maybe even my favorite RPG overall since I maintain the M&L series has the best turn-based battle system I have played. I have beaten the game on Hard Mode many times too, just not a huge fan of the final boss though.

Paper Mario: The Origami King is one game that I really like but more recently I feel people have been shitting on it way too much. It has some really great moments like Big Sho Theater, and the Airship cannon part always gets me excited.

Back