Relevance to the Mario series tier list:

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
Helpful values
Harmful values
Neutral values

Mario:
He is the main Character! Enough said. Whether you like it or not, he is at the top.

Bowser:
He is the main villain. And he starts of the story of every Mario game by doing something devious.

Luigi:
He gets a lot of playable appearances. In the main series games, he has commonly been playable as a second playable character and has went as far as to get his own games.

Yoshi:
He gets a status of ride-ability/play-ability in a large portion of the Mario series. He plays secondary roles in a lot of games and has gone far enough to get his own games in the Yoshi's Island series.

Princess Peach:
She plays a major role in the plot line of most Mario games by getting kidnapped. However, she does not start this process off. And she gets very little screen time throughout the games. And she does occasionally get a different role.

Toad:
These are the common citizens of the series. Most members aren't that important. They sometimes get a bigger role however due to being placed into Multiplayer games as player 3 and 4 or being promoted to status as messengers and architects and overall help a lot in the series. However, he doesn't exactly appear as playable in such a high number of spinoffs like those higher than him preventing him from being higher. And he isn't exactly one with a lot of personality.

Daisy:
In order to give Peach a partner in the spin-off games, they decided to revive Daisy. And it really was important because excluding Peach would be a bad exclusion to to how major Peach is. They also plugged a hole in the canon with her to give Luigi a girlfriend so that conspiracy theories wouldn't look at Peach as someone of holding multiple husbands. That said, she doesn't really appear directly or at all in most of the main series games. She also is a spinoff star.

Bowser Jr:
He helps Bowser in doing many of his devious deeds acting as Bowser's sidekick. He sometimes acts as the main antagonist himself in games such as Mario Super Sluggers and Super Mario Sunshine. However, like Toad, he doesn't really have that much of a spinoff base to come from as Koopa Kid took that spot from him in Mario Party while other games chose the Koopalings instead of him.

Rosalina:
She got added into the series very recently after characters like Daisy were spinoff stars so there wasn't really much of a need for pair completion. She still has not totally started to become quite a spinoff star as would be necessary to enhance herself to higher on this list. Still, Super Mario Galaxy 1 has a storybook feature which developed most of her personality right off the bat. And she is in every Mario Kart post-debut and she seems to be growing on them. Still she doesn't really have anyone to pair up with when things like that are needed in development although there is always the ability to make a Luma playable as her pair if need be.

Wario:
He started off in Super Mario Land 2 as a random Bowser replacement. He seems to have become a spinoff star which has helped him become more relevant. However, he soon after debut got his own Wario Land and Wario Ware series which are completely different from the Mario series making him less connected to the rest of the series.

Donkey Kong:
He was Marios first enemy and that gives him relevance. However, after that fact, he rarely appears in Mario games and instead appears in his own Donkey Kong Country series. He still appears playable in Many Mario spinoffs and is a supporting character in the Mario Party series. However, in order to get a pair when they make a game that requires one, they always have to get his pair from the Donkey Kong country series and take Diddy Kong from it. Still, he is a spinoff star regardless.

Waluigi:
He started off in a spinoff game to give Wario a partner in the games. However, there isn't that much to suggest how Wario is really necessary in those games especially seeing as he isn't that important of a character himself. He still has become a spinoff star however and that is something. He doesn't however appear in the main Mario games that much.

Please don't ignore what I said. I spent about an hour on this.

DK has his own series. He first appeared along with Mario himself. Does Daisy have that?

I thought so.

The list was going hunky dory until you got to Daisy. Daisy is not more important to the Mario series then Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina (Three of these are in Smash Bros. for crying out loud while Daisy has not, and doesn't even stand that good of a chance currently. That alone should rank them in front of Daisy. Cause if there's anything that shows what characters are most relevent to their series. Smash Bros. is one of the best indicators). Just because Wario and Donkey Kong got their own sub-series to their selves, doesn't make them less important to the Mario series and in fact should be even more of an indicator of their relevance, because they were popular enough to receive their own spin-off series in the first place. If you deduct points for having their own games, then why is Yoshi in particular not lower?

Waluigi and Daisy should be at the bottom of this list. Who's at the very bottom depending on your preference. Which for you, Waluigi would be the very bottom I suppose.

Northern Verve said:
If you deduct points for having their own games, then why is Yoshi in particular not lower?
Because his own games have Mario characters in them other than themself. Donkey Kong and Mario series games don't have Wario in them.

Also, Wario and Donkey Kong represent their own series in Smash Bros.which makes Smash Bros not influential to their score. Also I don't use Smash Bros since as shown by the Ice Climbers and many others, you don't have to be an important character to get in.

3D Player 2004 said:
Wario:
He started off in Super Mario Land 2 as a random Bowser replacement. He seems to have become a spinoff star which has helped him become more relevant. However, he soon after debut got his own Wario Land and Wario Ware series which are completely different from the Mario series making him less connected to the rest of the series.
No. Just no. Him appearing as a replacement to Bowser is fantastic. Also the Wario Land and Wario Ware series are great. Fantastic even. In fact, they are better than most Mario platformers.

Northern Verve said:
The list was going hunky dory until you got to Daisy. Daisy is not more important to the Mario series then Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina (Three of these are in Smash Bros. for crying out loud while Daisy has not, and doesn't even stand that good of a chance currently. That alone should rank them in front of Daisy. Cause if there's anything that shows what characters are most relevent to their series. Smash Bros. is one of the best indicators). Just because Wario and Donkey Kong got their own sub-series to their selves, doesn't make them less important to the Mario series and in fact should be even more of an indicator of their relevance, because they were popular enough to receive their own spin-off series in the first place. If you deduct points for having their own games, then why is Yoshi in particular not lower?

Waluigi and Daisy should be at the bottom of this list. Who's at the very bottom depending on your preference. Which for you, Waluigi would be the very bottom I suppose.
Daisy is an important character in the spin off series. Just because someone doesn't appear in the main series doesn't mean they're not important or a horrible character. I mean, Mario has a lot of spin off games, and Daisy (And Waluigi for that matter) Are quite important to the series. So, I think that they do deserve to be up there on the list.

They're spinoffs. All characters that aren't Mario or Bowser have the same role.

Luigidaisy1 said:
Northern Verve said:

Daisy is an important character in the spin off series. Just because someone doesn't appear in the main series doesn't mean they're not important or a horrible character. I mean, Mario has a lot of spin off games, and Daisy (And Waluigi for that matter) Are quite important to the series. So, I think that they do deserve to be up there on the list.

I mean as in the bottom out of the characters 3D Player currently has. I'm not saying the bottom of an all-time Mario character list. Like I'd rank Daisy and Waluigi over pretty much most of the Generic enemies for sure since they're actually their own character. I don't necessarily dislike both Waluigi or Daisy for not appearing in Main games. I actually really like Waluigi myself, not so much for Daisy however....

I agree that most spin off characters have the same role, but they do in fact have their own personalities. But you stated anyone that's not Mario or Bowser has the same role. Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Toad in fact have different roles. Peach is the damsel in distress. Luigi is Mario's sidekick, and for the role of player two sometimes, he even gets his own games. And Toad is the supporting character for them. He's there just to help, he is also Peach's Guard I guess. And Yoshi is there for Mario/Luigi to ride. He eats anything in his path, so he has a pretty important role. As for Daisy and Waluigi, I know they're just there for the spin offs, but they are characters in the Mario series. (And let's not forget Daisy did appear in one game for the main series Super Mario Land) But in the end, I believe all Mario characters are great...(Ok, not all) But they are more well-known then most supporting characters.

EDIT: Northern Verve, I see your point.

Why did you underline every single damn sentence? It makes it a pain in the ass to read.

Baby Man said:
Why did you underline every single dang sentence? It makes it a pain in the ass to read.

This, you could've just coloured them (red/green/blue or something) instead of using italics/strike-throughs and underlining.

3D Player 2004 said:
Mario:
He is the main Character! Enough said. Whether you like it or not, he is at the top.
He's the worst and obviously least relevant character. I don't know what kind of evidence your delusional mind is making you believe, but he's obviously the pits when it comes to relevance.

3D Player 2004 said:
Bowser:
He is the main villain. And he starts of the story of every Mario game by doing something devious.
Out of all cliches he can do, he chose the worst one. I also, like, never use him in the sports games, so that makes him ultra insignificant, but just not as much as Mar- Oh Noes..

3D Player 2004 said:
Luigi:
He gets a lot of playable appearances. In the main series games, he has commonly been playable as a second playable character and has went as far as to get his own games.
He has a bigger fanbase than his lard-bucket of a partner, so that makes him more significant.

3D Player 2004 said:
Yoshi:
He gets a status of ride-ability/play-ability in a large portion of the Mario series. He plays secondary roles in a lot of games and has gone far enough to get his own games in the Yoshi's Island series.
He doesn't exist.

3D Player 2004 said:
Princess Peach:
She plays a major role in the plot line of most Mario games by getting kidnapped. However, she does not start this process off. And she gets very little screen time throughout the games. And she does occasionally get a different role.
Peach is just a material plot device, nothing more. Pass.

3D Player 2004 said:
Toad:
These are the common citizens of the series. Most members aren't that important. They sometimes get a bigger role however due to being placed into Multiplayer games as player 3 and 4 or being promoted to status as messengers and architects and overall help a lot in the series. However, he doesn't exactly appear as playable in such a high number of spinoffs like those higher than him preventing him from being higher. And he isn't exactly one with a lot of personality.
Probably one of the more significant characters because no matter where you go in Mushroom Kingdom, you're probably going to bump into one of his twin brothers.

3D Player 2004 said:
Daisy:
In order to give Peach a partner in the spin-off games, they decided to revive Daisy. And it really was important because excluding Peach would be a bad exclusion to to how major Peach is. They also plugged a hole in the canon with her to give Luigi a girlfriend so that conspiracy theories wouldn't look at Peach as someone of holding multiple husbands. That said, she doesn't really appear directly or at all in most of the main series games. She also is a spinoff star.
Somebody has to rule the kingdom, and although she started as a plot device, she actually does things, so she's much more significant than sweetie fruit there.

3D Player 2004 said:
Bowser Jr:
He helps Bowser in doing many of his devious deeds acting as Bowser's sidekick. He sometimes acts as the main antagonist himself in games such as Mario Super Sluggers and Super Mario Sunshine. However, like Toad, he doesn't really have that much of a spinoff base to come from as Koopa Kid took that spot from him in Mario Party while other games chose the Koopalings instead of him.
You can't tell him apart from Baby Bowser, and unlike Toad, there isn't thousands of nearly-identical copies of him.

3D Player 2004 said:
Rosalina:
She got added into the series very recently after characters like Daisy were spinoff stars so there wasn't really much of a need for pair completion. She still has not totally started to become quite a spinoff star as would be necessary to enhance herself to higher on this list. Still, Super Mario Galaxy 1 has a storybook feature which developed most of her personality right off the bat. And she is in every Mario Kart post-debut and she seems to be growing on them. Still she doesn't really have anyone to pair up with when things like that are needed in development although there is always the ability to make a Luma playable as her pair if need be.
Oh look a space Peach. Just what we needed.

3D Player 2004 said:
Wario:
Probably the most significant character because he continues being... there... in every single match I've played. He also has two ... TWO spinoff series where he's, like, the only character you recognize, unlike Mario, where he has series containing characters you recognize before him.

3D Player 2004 said:
Donkey Kong:
He was Marios first enemy and that gives him relevance. However, after that fact, he rarely appears in Mario games and instead appears in his own Donkey Kong Country series. He still appears playable in Many Mario spinoffs and is a supporting character in the Mario Party series. However, in order to get a pair when they make a game that requires one, they always have to get his pair from the Donkey Kong country series and take Diddy Kong from it. Still, he is a spinoff star regardless.
Donkey Kong isn't that important, although he's fun because everyone wants to stay as far away from him like he's infected with ebola. He probably is.

3D Player 2004 said:
Waluigi:
He started off in a spinoff game to give Wario a partner in the games. However, there isn't that much to suggest how Wario is really necessary in those games especially seeing as he isn't that important of a character himself. He still has become a spinoff star however and that is something. He doesn't however appear in the main Mario games that much.
Very, very important since he's somewhat related with Wario, he got his own game, and he's just... fabulous.

In the end, though, everyone listed here (except for the character that doesn't exist) are probably celebrity trillionaires anyway, especially if they are famous for owning mountains, space stations, and putting their faces on natural landmarks. Not even Bill Gates can do this.

Back