If Dark Pit is in and Donkey Kong does not get a newcomer...

how upset would you be.

• Total voters

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
I'd be very upset about how Sakurai's bias came out on the amount of reps each franchise has.

I actually agree with you on this one. There's really no damn reason why K. Rool shouldn't get in this time around. The way he's been getting shafted over the years has been inexcusable.

Depends on if Dark Pit is a unique character.

SolarBlaze said:
I actually agree with you on this one. There's really no dang reason why K. Rool shouldn't get in this time around. The way he's been getting shafted over the years has been inexcusable.

He hasn't been relevant in almost a decade.

That said Dark Pit is still no good.

Mcmadness said:
That's because Retro Studios chose to make it that way. It would be another thing entirely if Rare took the rights with them when they were sold over to Microsoft, but that's not the case. Instead, they flat-out said that he doesn't need to come back. Plus, I don't recall Duck Hunt being any more relevant, and that didn't stop the dog from being added.

Dark Pit should just be an alternate costume of Pit like Dark Link is to Link.

Time Turner said:
Mcmadness said:
At the time of their reveals, neither were Game & Watch, Pit, Ice Climbers, and ROB, but tht certainly hasn't stopped them from being present.

Those were added to represent Nintendo's past and are stand alone characters (well one is a toy but you know what I mean) King K.Rool isn't a stand alone, he's a relic of a series that doesn't even use him anymore and really doesn't even need to. And this is coming from a guy who likes the king.

Smash is a celebration of Nintendo's history. History does not include just the past few years. History encompasses all of Nintendo, not just the Wii/DS era.

Also, the last game Ganondorf (human form) appeared in was TP in 2006. K. Rool last appeared in Sluggers, which was 2008. I guess Ganondorf should be cut then. He's less "relevant" than K. Rool. See why this argument is weak?

I really don't give too much of a shit about whether or not either one is playable

though Dark Pit does sound kind of cool

GalacticPetey said:
Also, the last game Ganondorf (human form) appeared in was TP in 2006

Does Hyrule Warriors count?

That completely slipped my mind. And so did the remakes of OoT and WW.

Whoops. But still, my point stands. The history of Nintendo is not just the past few years.

Ganondorf hasn't appeared in a canon Link game (that adds on to the Link timeline) in quite a while.

But he's still relevant to the Link series.

Yeah, K. Rool is definitely important in Nintendo's history. After all, he's the main antagonist of the second best-selling snes game.

Plus, Donkey Kong is Nintendo's fifth biggest series behind Mario, Pokémon, Wii, and Zelda. I think it deserves more than two characters.

GalacticPetey said:
Smash is a celebration of Nintendo's history. History does not include just the past few years. History encompasses all of Nintendo, not just the Wii/DS era.

Also, the last game Ganondorf (human form) appeared in was TP in 2006. K. Rool last appeared in Sluggers, which was 2008. I guess Ganondorf should be cut then. He's less "relevant" than K. Rool. See why this argument is weak?

The difference is Ganondorf's return is inevitable, unlike K.Rool's who is still in question. Plus Ganon was in A Link between worlds. And even if he is important to DK, there are still characters more important than he is. Like Cranky, or the other long lasting Kongs.

Back