Unpopular Animal Crossing opinions?

New Horizons is the worst game in the franchise because it completely sucked all personality out of the game in favor of making it a sandbox game that you can do what you want with, whereas the older games were 'OK here's the lot you get, deal with it and build around it'

If New Horizons is the future of Animal Crossing, then that is a future that I am not interested in.

Also bring back mean villagers.

I can't stand Isabelle. She just sits her ### in Town Hall and rots for much of the game, at the very least you can actually interact with other villagers.
I like Isabelle but I wish she'd come out and interact more with everyone else. I mean she literally sits in there at her desk all day and all night every single day, almost, except for town events and holidays and such. It's so boring.

Speaking of boring-I find Animal Crossing New Leaf fun and all overall, but I notice if you play it nonstop day after day after day, sometimes it can get boring after a while.

Last edited:
New Horizons is the worst game in the franchise because it completely sucked all personality out of the game in favor of making it a sandbox game that you can do what you want with, whereas the older games were 'OK here's the lot you get, deal with it and build around it'

If New Horizons is the future of Animal Crossing, then that is a future that I am not interested in.

Also bring back mean villagers.
I agree that New Horizons was a big letdown because of the sandbox system sucking all the personality out of the game. Villagers never have anything interesting to say anymore, tools breaking is a pain in the ass, a lot of the town events are shit, and the list of problems I have with the game goes on.

I agree that New Horizons was a big letdown because of the sandbox system sucking all the personality out of the game. Villagers never have anything interesting to say anymore, tools breaking is a pain in the ass, a lot of the town events are shit, and the list of problems I have with the game goes on.
I wonder if this is how most players feel about that game and not just you two if it means that the version I have which is New Leaf is the BEST version.

Speaking of which, I think everyone in here who has complaints is talking about New Horizons, so I'm wondering-how do you all feel about New Leaf? I like it and fully enjoy it but if noone else on this thread does, eh, it's fine. I respect everyone's opinions.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is how most players feel about that game and not just you two if it means that the version I have which is New Leaf is the BEST version.

Speaking of which, I think everyone in here who has complaints is talking about New Horizons, so I'm wondering-how do you all feel about New Leaf? I like it and fully enjoy it but if noone else on this thread does, eh, it's fine. I respect everyone's opinions.
I love New Leaf. I love it so, so much. Sure, it doesn't have any mean villagers like Viola mentioned, but at least the villagers have more personality and more interesting things to say than in New Horizons. And apart from the axe, none of the tools break in New Leaf. Town events like the Fishing Tourney and the Bug-Off are also a lot better in New Leaf because they have an actual tournament system where the top three best villagers end up winning a trophy for their efforts, whereas in New Horizons you just try to catch as many fish or bugs as you can within a given time limit. I also like how New Leaf has more shops and special characters running said shops, whereas New Horizons only has Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters, with a few other shopkeepers only visiting the island on certain days of the week.

@Jubei I also think I will really love the holidays in New Leaf. Halloween is going to come in a month and I'm excited; I've never celebrated it in Animal Crossing before because this is the first version I've played, and I'm sure Christmas will be fun too. This summer they had fireworks shows in town and I enjoyed those too.

I honestly like Chrissy the best since I already got her picture. I was gonna buy it from Francine's house but I felt too bad.

Princess Viola said before she'd like Animal Crossing to bring back mean villagers. To be honest, I'd like that too, even though there are none in New Leaf, which I have. I don't know, maybe it's because of my ADHD or something, but I just think it would be so funny in the games to have them always snap angrily at you every time you talk to them like you're bothering them, and then to keep pestering and pestering them and just see them continue to get more and more angry LOL. Yeah, I know. I'm immature in that way. Tell me something I don't know.

Back