Do you speedrun or have any interest in speedrunning?

Do you speedrun or have any interest in speedrunning?

• Total voters
I've never officially submitted but I've tried it before and done very badly. Specifically I've tried SPM a few times and usually ended up with about 7 hours at best (WR is literally like half of that now), and Minecraft (I always died to the Ender Dragon so I don't even have a PB to show for it).

(edit: I do also sometimes watch speedruns of Mario games, often just because they're entertaining, or to learn particular interesting tricks. Speedrun.com is also a good resource for 100% game requirements)

Last edited:
I submitted some competitive MKDD time trials back in like 2004 that are still up today. Definitely been outclassed in the last 20yrs though 😅

I'm pretty interested in speedrunning. I like to watch gdq when it's running (like right now!) I tend to play more randomizers these days so those tricks and knowledge can come in handy for that.

I haven't done any speedruns per se, but I have tried out certain speedrunning techniques in different games, and I enjoy watching videos about the history of speedruns. If you don't know anything about speedrunning I would recommend the youtuber "summoning salt". He creates really good documentaries about the history of speedrunning.

I don't know how to speedrun LOL. Heck, with some games, it even takes me a while to figure stuff out sometimes, especially when what I need to do to progress further is unclear unless I look up walkthroughs.

I don't have enough of a good attention span to speedrun long games with optimized runs but I DID speedrun the game Reincarnated once. It was less than an hour and had a small community so I tried and got 4th place.

I don't know how to properly speedrun, especially with very long and complex games that I've seen take 10+ hours to complete on YouTube like the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.

I don't know how to properly speedrun, especially with very long and complex games that I've seen take 10+ hours to complete on YouTube like the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.
What's to know? You get a timer, play the game and see how long it takes for you to finish it 🤔

What's to know? You get a timer, play the game and see how long it takes for you to finish it 🤔
Well what I meant was I don't know how to speedrun it properly so I only get it done in, like, 20 minutes. Isn't that how long speedruns are supposed to take? The shortest amount of time possible? I don't know LOL. Like, I kind of thought with speedrunning the goal was to do it in a very short time period (complete the game). Maybe I'm wrong and you just see how fast you can get through it.

Back