I Beat Super Mario 64!

Fully for the second time, exactly one year (and a few hours) after last year! Amazing game, atmospheric, good level design. Bit finicky, like it's easy for Mario to walk off something if you're not careful. He always does that thing where, I mean sometimes you turn him around and he just jumps to facing the other direction but sometimes he spins in a circle, walking to face the other way, and on a small platform he might fall off, that's always a challenge. Getting 100 Coins on Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride is quite annoying, and it's really easy to slip off Tiny Huge Island when it's tiny, or when you're big, I guess it's the island that's changing size along with the enemies, rather than Mario. I left Dire, Dire Docks till the end, after all the other worlds, because it's such a relaxing lovely place, actually probably my favourite world. I love all the stuff like the signs that read almost like someone talking to you, there's a sense of liveliness where you can imagine the developers building the levels, having fun doing so, like it's all being created as you're playing it. Can the Eel Come Out to Play? is a great star name, a lot of such stuff. And the credits theme is just beautiful. A genre-defining, colourful game (even with a few annoying bits). I just wanted to express my approval of the game, like that's not been done enough on the internet already.

That's really cool! Great job! I've heard that game is hard.

Cool to see people still discovering their love for this game in 2024 ☺️

Back