Super Mario Party Jamboree

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
It's the latest Super Mario Party game for the Nintendo Switch!

Thank you for reading.

This looks pretty great, not 100% sure if I'm sold on it at first sight tbh as I already have a few Mario Party games including one on the Switch but I'll definitely consider it once we find out more about it

A New Mario Party was annouced during the latest Nintendo Direct. Series favorites like Spike, Toadette, and Toad are back alongside newcomer Ninji in this installment. It also has up to 20 players online and two boards from the N64 Mario Parties!

I hoped that one day the Mario Party series would take a page from Mario Kart where in order to keep up demand for more levels, they would instead reuse older content to beef it up. In this case, it's great that they are reviving old Mario Party boards to increase the board count, and I am here for it. Plus, each board has their own feature that makes them different, just the way it should be. Hopefully minigames would have a similar thinking: they revive old minigames to beef up the minigame count.

If there is one disappointment I have, it's that there's still no Mario Party 3 board revival.

Thank you for reading.

Tbh I thought this was DLC for Super Mario Party until the very end when they said it was its own game. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing? Either way, a pretty run of the mill MP installment, looks pretty good though and I'm excited for the new content!

I know it's not a surprise consider how recent rosters turn out, but this roster is objectively playing safe and Ninji isn't a . I do look forward to the online gameplay but that's it.

378393649_6880660418644065_6023905394119011695_n - 複製 (2) - 複製.jpg

Interesting that they're bringing back 2 boards from MP1 and 2. It sounds like it originally might have been DLC for Superstars. Nice that the character roster is pretty much the same with a few new additions. And the 20 player online mode seems interesting.

I was surprised there was a third entry in the series because it just seemed like they were going to limit to just two per console (especially after the glut of Mario Party on Gamecube)... at least that was my impression, and the Switch is just unwinding when this was announced. That being said, the Wii DID have Mario Party 9 very late in its lifespan, so it's not unheard of.

Anyway I'm looking forward to what this one has to offer, since this IS Mario Party, which I usually get excited about upcoming ones strangely more than other games... might be just the fact I get off killing Wario in the minigames and uploading them on MarioWiki. However, the prior two Mario Party installments, while solid entries, were lacking in content and never received later updates to try to fix it (maybe they just prefer to release new installments), so I'm not going to buy this one (I also have some beef with Nintendo itself for reasons outside this topic).

I know it's not a surprise consider how recent rosters turn out, but this roster is objectively playing safe and Ninji isn't a . I do look forward to the online gameplay but that's it.
I don't see how you can characterize this unprecedented MASSIVE roster as "objectively playing safe" (that's not the correct use of "objective by the way)

I know these later games feel like they're paying more homage to the N64 installments but my cherished memories lie mostly in the GCN ones and Mario Party 8 so I hope more of a bone will be thrown to people like me (especially Mario Party 8, that game got shafted in both Top 100 AND Superstars) Also bring back Brighton and Twila you freaks

799px-Throw_Them_a_Bone_6_Nite.png

I hope they include tag team play like in the GCN games. We kinda got one in Superstars but it wasn't same same thing, being more akin to Toad Scramble from Star Rush.

Just by looking at the first trailer, the game is FILLED with content. 7 boards, 110 minigames and so many extra modes? I'm so looking forward to this game!

View attachment 45412
Mario Party rosters (not even talking about just the playable roster, but the characters appearing in general) have felt safe for years. I remember when we'd get fucking Paper Mario characters popping up in the 2000s entries, perfectly translated into 3D and everything. Not to mention all the original hosts that really did a lot for helping each game have its own identity, theme and also flesh out the Mario world. Nowadays they just reuse the same database of modern 3D models of mainline characters & enemies. I do hope one day we can get Mario Party's flavor of original characters and usage of rare spinoff characters/characters who would otherwise be one-offs again. And Toadsworth, we really need Toadsworth back.
1718769040914.png

MASSIVE roster as "objectively playing safe"

By the fact only one newcomer announced so far and the rest are veterans?

I respect people who love the veterans, but my motto is always that each Mario allstars roster needs some unique spice or landmark to have its own place for this franchise.

Nowadays they just reuse the same database of modern 3D models of mainline characters & enemies

Well back to my old post, I think the illogical part would be Nintendo refuse to promote their prominent new mainline titles in any form. It's not like Odyssey was so bad that it needs to be erased from the history and never gets mentioned again.

I have to laugh at the notion of Mario Party being called "safe now" and acting like it never was before.

I remind you for a while there they farted these out basically once a year. It was the Call of Duty of Mario series.

At least this is another MP game that's its own thing instead of only reusing ideas from other games

By the fact only one newcomer announced so far and the rest are veterans?

I respect people who love the veterans, but my motto is always that each Mario allstars roster needs some unique spice or landmark to have its own place for this franchise.
Unlike Mario Party Superstars they're mostly returning the roster from the reboot Super Mario Party, which is known for its big roster (entries before this have been basically a limited cast with rotating newcomers including Shy Guy, Bowser Jr., Spike, Koopa, Kamek so not even incrementally expanding the cast like what the GCN parties have done from Party 5 to Party 8), and they're adding Toad and Toadette, who have been missing in the recent Switch titles.

This is on top of the 100+ minigames including new ones (I do think they'll probably return the ones from Superstars) but this also means making all those animations for the returning cast plus Ninji, Spike,Toad, Toadette. Complaining that the roster is somehow limited or "safe" in spite of that is founded on misplaced expectations.

I have to laugh at the notion of Mario Party being called "safe now" and acting like it never was before.

I remind you for a while there they farted these out basically once a year. It was the Call of Duty of Mario series.
Outside of the roster, they've actually been very experimental of the gameplay loop for the past generation or so, since Party 9 (gcn and n64 parties were the ones cutting corners). You may or may not like it (never liked the car thing but I liked Star Rush) but you can't fault them for the lack of trying.

Outside of the roster, they've actually been very experimental of the gameplay loop for the past generation or so, since Party 9 (gcn and n64 parties were the ones cutting corners). You may or may not like it (never liked the car thing but I liked Star Rush) but you can't fault them for the lack of trying.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I know 9 and 10 are "the bad ones" but I'd rather they try new things than just keep making the same game over and over.

But anyway, I'm a sucker for Mario Party so of course I'm going to buy this. I'm glad to see the character roster from Super returning because I didn't like the roster in Superstars. My biggest complaint is just the name. I think this game should have been called Mario Party 11 (ideally, Super would have been 11 and this would be 12) but the name we actually got is really clunky and doesn't roll off the tongue at all. I know it's petty but I, as someone who's notoriously terrible at coming up with titles, think I could do way better than this.

Well you know me, I don't have a high opinion on Mario Party in general so I don't mind when they try something different.

But a lot of people didn't like that so it's back to the usual shenanigans.

Well you know me, I don't have a high opinion on Mario Party in general so I don't mind when they try something different.

But a lot of people didn't like that so it's back to the usual shenanigans.
Don't be shy, I can feel your diehard fanboy Mario Party enthusiasm for Super Mario Party Jamboree

Might be similar to last game where he kind of replaces Bowser as the "don't land on my space or you'll look like me as your eyes fall out at seeing the amount of coins you'll have to pay me"

For the record I do think Dry Bowser would've made a fantastic replacement character for that role that Bowser used to have.

Back