Regarding my upcoming 'Shroom section

Fizzle

Just a Pumpkin
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
Fizzle1491
So, as the title says, this thread is explaining more details about my upcoming 'Shroom section, such as name, main focus, and other things that came to me in a nighttime epiphany.

First, instead of writing a one-off volunteer section, I will write many more in the series. Due to my primary Boards access in the summer being the Switch, however, I will not create section for the issues releasing in the months of June, July, or August. During the school year when I have a chromebook, I will write articles for the entirety of the school year.

Second, the name of this section will be (drumroll please)... Life of the Party! I will discuss the life and decline of many different party games for varying consoles, starting with this schedule:

September 2024: Mario Party, pt. 1
October 2024: Mario Party, pt. 2
November 2024: Garfield Lasagna Party
December 2024: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Feel free to suggest more Party games for next year!

NOTE: This section will probably be in the Critic Corner, due to it being heavily opinion and review-based!

Last edited:
On second thought, I realized that this is a MARIO forum and newspaper, not a PARTY forum. So I will be writing my two-part Mario Party articles in September and October, then either retiring or moving over to the fun section, like making a crossword or something like that. Just letting you all know.

(P.S., I'll be starting on my Article this week, so it's pixel perfect for next month's deadline of... when, exactly?)

EDIT: I just meant that I wouldn't stress myself all year about games that I have, at most, seen videos about, @PARTY TIME. I am way more familiar to Mario Party as a series, and I want to focus on making great articles for Issue 208 and 209. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
On second thought, I realized that this is a MARIO forum and newspaper, not a PARTY forum. So I will be writing my two-part Mario Party articles in September and October, then either retiring or moving over to the fun section, like making a crossword or something like that. Just letting you all know.

(P.S., I'll be starting on my Article this week, so it's pixel perfect for next month's deadline of... when, exactly?)

EDIT: I just meant that I wouldn't stress myself all year about games that I have, at most, seen videos about, @PARTY TIME. I am way more familiar to Mario Party as a series, and I want to focus on making great articles for Issue 208 and 209. Sorry for the confusion.
Buddy I wrote an entire strategy guide on Digimon World for the PS1 for the shroom. Write about whatever you like.

Generally, The 'Shroom asks for applications to be sent a week before an issue's release. Since September's issue is set to release on the 21st, you'd want to send your section in on or before the 14th.

Once you're through the application process and writing regularly, your Team Director will send a reminder each month with their particular deadline. Generally, these deadlines are about one week before release, ranging from the Saturday before release to the Tuesday or Wednesday before release.[/i]

Last edited:
I know its early (or late, whichever way you look at it), but my article is done! I have the images and captions prepared inside, as well as my (moderately lengthy) writing. Who should I send it to? Hooded Pitohui? Meta? And if I made any mistake on it after I send it, just let me know via private message.

I know its early (or late, whichever way you look at it), but my article is done! I have the images and captions prepared inside, as well as my (moderately lengthy) writing. Who should I send it to? Hooded Pitohui? Meta? And if I made any mistake on it after I send it, just let me know via private message.
Meta Knight!

Well, the day's finally here.

Life of the Party, my first published work here on the Boards, in this issue of the Shroom.

I don't know how to feel, but I do want to appreciate everyone who has helped me in some places with all of this.

Like I said, if you have any suggestions for next month's topics, please let me know!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I may not be able to submit my article for this month. I had some issues at home and school, so I couldn't do anything about it. Unless because this isn't my first article, it doesn't have to be submitted a week early? I just don't know...
The week early requirement is only for new applications, otherwise the monthly deadline is set by your team director.

Back