Amusing Awards Artifact Adventure - Closing Ceremony (Game Finished!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'll see what I can do!

I think the obvious place to start is to fly over to Fear Factory and talk to Sporis.

Detective Red Yoshi.png
Yoshi the DOS: "Yeah. Let's first look at the vending machine to see what's in it and then talk to Mr. Shbeeg."

Charmy: Hmm...where else could I find some food? How about the Fun Center? They have several stalls set up there. I'll see what I can get if this grim-looking ghoul won't let me take his offering. See you, mr. Ghost!
At the Fun Center, your choices are the cotton candy stalls or the vending machine. There's nothing else that belongs in your mouth.

Let's investigate the place that the missing WT animatronic usually stands.

Any signs of, like, something dropped around the area? Footprints? Anything look out of place besides it actually missing?
You examine the center of the Band Stage. There's two spots where the animatronic probably was, judging by the Waluigi shoe-shaped areas of discoloration and the areas for bolts. No footprints, but some scuffs on the stage that seem to form a conspicuous trail.

Alright, I'll see what I can do!

I think the obvious place to start is to fly over to Fear Factory and talk to Sporis.

Sporis Karloff
"Huh? Candles?

Shoot. I borrowed them from Mertle for my last Monster Smash Bros. party and completely forgot. I think Bela has them now, but he's holed up in his office all the time."

View attachment 45837Yoshi the DOS: "Yeah. Let's first look at the vending machine to see what's in it and then talk to Mr. Shbeeg."
You inspect the vending machine and get startled when it starts speaking to you.

VendingMachine.png

Vending Machine
"Hello. Please select item."

Chips, beef jerky, cereal, various types of candy, Squirt™, and Cup O' Soup (not a beverage). An action figure of some kind has gotten wedged in here somehow, and... there's a rat in the vending machine?!

You decide to go talk to Mr. Shbeeg instead.
ShbeegMascotGuys.png

Shbeeg Mascot Guy
"Oh. Hi. Sorry, I'm not actually supposed to talk. I'm just not really feeling it right now. But you probably don't want to hear about my problems. You're supposed to be having fun right now, I guess."

At the Fun Center, your choices are the cotton candy stalls or the vending machine. There's nothing else that belongs in your mouth.
Charmy: Hmm...how much money does both the cotton candy stall and vending machine take? I want to at least be prepared if one of the stalls doesn't have anything banana flavored. Let's get some cotton candy first!

Detective Red Yoshi.png
Yoshi the DOS: "That is what it says on the description. But what about you? You're not having fun? In either case, I would be glad to talk to you and hear your problem. Maybe I'll have fun helping you out. But even if not, making you happy might bring more fun to this place."

Follow that trail!
The trail quickly goes cold with the amount of foot traffic in the park, but it appears to be leading towards Wheeluigi Time.

Charmy: Hmm...how much money does both the cotton candy stall and vending machine take? I want to at least be prepared if one of the stalls doesn't have anything banana flavored. Let's get some cotton candy first!
Thankfully, you have enough WT Coins to buy things to your heart's content!

Toad.png

Toad
"Hi! We don't have any banana-flavored cotton candy, but I can sell you mayonnaise or ketchup flavor!

Well, I can sell it to you later. I don't know if you caught on yet, but this is an Explore Phase! If you want to get items to use in quests, you'll have to come back later during an Action Phase! Sorry, but those are the rules! Don't take it out on me, I'm just a generic mushroom filling the role of a generic park employee!"

View attachment 45845Yoshi the DOS: "That is what it says on the description. But what about you? You're not having fun? In either case, I would be glad to talk to you and hear your problem. Maybe I'll have fun helping you out. But even if not, making you happy might bring more fun to this place."

Shbeeg Mascot Guy
"Wait, really? Well, okay. I just don't feel very appreciated, you know? I stand out here in the hot sun all day standing on another Toad's head or getting my head stood on because we're just too short for the suit and I'm dressed as a character that only four people in the world actually like. I should just quit but I'd still rather be doing this than scrubbing bathrooms..."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Cheer up the Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s).

Thankfully, you have enough WT Coins to buy things to your heart's content!

Toad.png

Toad
"Hi! We don't have any banana-flavored cotton candy, but I can sell you mayonnaise or ketchup flavor!

Well, I can sell it to you later. I don't know if you caught on yet, but this is an Explore Phase! If you want to get items to use in quests, you'll have to come back later during an Action Phase! Sorry, but those are the rules! Don't take it out on me, I'm just a generic mushroom filling the role of a generic park employee!"
Charmy: I don't think that gorilla would like Mayo or Ketchup flavored cotton candy. I should go to the vending machine to see what they have in stock. See you, little Toad!

Charmy: I don't think that gorilla would like Mayo or Ketchup flavored cotton candy. I should go to the vending machine to see what they have in stock. See you, little Toad!
You inspect the vending machine and get startled when it starts speaking to you.

Vending Machine

Chips, beef jerky, cereal, various types of candy, Squirt™, and Cup O' Soup (not a beverage). An action figure of some kind has gotten wedged in here somehow, and... there's a rat in the vending machine?!

WheezlieTalkSprite.png
: I say! I do believe we now know why our gentlebee compatriot discovered Mr. Time making merry in the Ferris Wheel! Ah, but bringing that animatronic down will be a tad difficult with the great ape upon the wheel. How vexatious... Timothy, have you any thoughts?

TimothyTalkSprite.png
: ...

WheezlieTalkSprite.png: Oh, yes, brilliant! Your highness King Kong, might we inquire as to why you are perched atop that wheel?

Detective Red Yoshi.png
Yoshi the DOS: "Wait. Only four people? Hmm... Anyways. Is there anything you want me to do for you? And if someone wants to take your place and you could do anything you want, even if it is for a day, what would you do?"

I'd like to go to the kitchen and inspect the departed inspector. Is he a ghost, or zombie, or what exactly are we dealing with here?

I'd also like to talk to Vince and ask him what, if anything, happened to the inspector's personal effects.
You enter the kitchen and find a Dry Bones slumped against the wall. He doesn't seem to have the energy to move.

HealthInspector.png

Health Inspector
"Cal...cium..."

Vincent Overpriced
"They should still be in his possession, I believe. Once the matter was taken care of, material goods were not a top concern."

View attachment 45851: I say! I do believe we now know why our gentlebee compatriot discovered Mr. Time making merry in the Ferris Wheel! Ah, but bringing that animatronic down will be a tad difficult with the great ape upon the wheel. How vexatious... Timothy, have you any thoughts?

View attachment 45856: ...

View attachment 45851: Oh, yes, brilliant! Your highness King Kong, might we inquire as to why you are perched atop that wheel?

King Kong
"To look over my kingdom, of course! Best seat in the house for a king like myself!"

View attachment 45855Yoshi the DOS: "Wait. Only four people? Hmm... Anyways. Is there anything you want me to do for you? And if someone wants to take your place and you could do anything you want, even if it is for a day, what would you do?"

Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s)
"All I really want is a little bit of genuine appreciation. But I don't expect to find much of that around here."

"Hey, can we switch places? Your shoes are making indents in my head."

"We'll have to wait until break time."

"Great."

Vending Machine

*Charmy pressed the candy button, hoping to get some banana flavored hard candy, lollipops, or marshmallows from the machine.*

*Charmy pressed the candy button, hoping to get some banana flavored hard candy, lollipops, or marshmallows from the machine.*

Vending Machine
"R̵̨̥̘̤͎͚͉̃͊̀̅̎̒̄͊̍̓è̵̖̞̙͓̱̖͇͉̥͖̀̋̇̍̿͋̿̒͜q̵̝̰̞̖̟͙̯͉̣͍͒̑̓̂̆͑ȗ̷̧̫̙̣̖̙͈͔̣̍́̑̈̈͑̀͜e̸̹̤̽̐̓̇͛̅̆̿̃̐͆͠s̶̯͇͈̟͔̭͎̓́ͅt̴̢̢͙̻̦̟̱̞̙̲͇̓͒̆̆͘ ̸̢̛̛͖͕̌͛̈́̽͊̑̏͌̂͊̌͋͝r̶̢̡̤͙̼̭̤̳̃̐͂̀̿̇̈̀́̓͆̓̒͛̄͝è̶̛̥̝̭͚̲͕̪̳̑̕c̸̩̰͍̻̖̥͖̱͐ę̷̯͍̺͕͔͋̄͋̍̾͆́̽͠i̸̧̨̺̦̰͔̫̗̪̝͕̭̭͉̐̓̈̈̄̀͋͐̂̃̊͒͝͝v̷̛̼̙̘͓̟̩̻͚̥̒̌̈͑͋̎̆̂̓̀̇̿̇͋e̵̩͔͕̘̮̲͖̎̌̋̈́̓͠d̸̽͌͜ͅ"

Snackrat.png

Snackrat
"Whoa there, buddy! This vending machine is my territory, y'see? Seriously, check it out! The snacks just keep comin'! I'm in rat heaven over here! Nothin' comes out of here unless it's got my say-so! You want some candy, you're gonna have to bring me something good for my cooperation!"

Vending Machine
"R̵̨̥̘̤͎͚͉̃͊̀̅̎̒̄͊̍̓è̵̖̞̙͓̱̖͇͉̥͖̀̋̇̍̿͋̿̒͜q̵̝̰̞̖̟͙̯͉̣͍͒̑̓̂̆͑ȗ̷̧̫̙̣̖̙͈͔̣̍́̑̈̈͑̀͜e̸̹̤̽̐̓̇͛̅̆̿̃̐͆͠s̶̯͇͈̟͔̭͎̓́ͅt̴̢̢͙̻̦̟̱̞̙̲͇̓͒̆̆͘ ̸̢̛̛͖͕̌͛̈́̽͊̑̏͌̂͊̌͋͝r̶̢̡̤͙̼̭̤̳̃̐͂̀̿̇̈̀́̓͆̓̒͛̄͝è̶̛̥̝̭͚̲͕̪̳̑̕c̸̩̰͍̻̖̥͖̱͐ę̷̯͍̺͕͔͋̄͋̍̾͆́̽͠i̸̧̨̺̦̰͔̫̗̪̝͕̭̭͉̐̓̈̈̄̀͋͐̂̃̊͒͝͝v̷̛̼̙̘͓̟̩̻͚̥̒̌̈͑͋̎̆̂̓̀̇̿̇͋e̵̩͔͕̘̮̲͖̎̌̋̈́̓͠d̸̽͌͜ͅ"

View attachment 45863
Snackrat
"Whoa there, buddy! This vending machine is my territory, y'see? Seriously, check it out! The snacks just keep comin'! I'm in rat heaven over here! Nothin' comes out of here unless it's got my say-so! You want some candy, you're gonna have to bring me something good for my cooperation!"
Charmy: This doesn't seem good. All my attempts for food are fruitless. I'd better see the fortune teller. Maybe she can tell me how to get that gorilla off the wheel?

Detective Red Yoshi.png
Yoshi the DOS: "Two voices. Yeah. Two Toads. Well, as a Yoshi I would like to help. Genuine appreciation. I can do appreciation. But genuine and not for just for this AAAA. Like how do I actually prove that? In either case, how long do you guys have to stand on top of each other? And have you ever considered getting a smaller costume? And if so, why have you not done so? And tell me about this Shbeeg character while you at it? What makes it so hard to get genuine appreciation?"

Charmy: This doesn't seem good. All my attempts for food are fruitless. I'd better see the fortune teller. Maybe she can tell me how to get that gorilla off the wheel?

Mertle
"Greetings, child. I'm afraid now is not the best time for a reading. After all, your competitors could be eavesdropping right outside this tent. That would not be prudent, would it? Of course not. If you seek my help, please visit me during an Action Phase and I will assist you with your quest."

View attachment 45864Yoshi the DOS: "Two voices. Yeah. Two Toads. Well, as a Yoshi I would like to help. Genuine appreciation. I can do appreciation. But genuine and not for just for this AAAA. Like how do I actually prove that? In either case, how long do you guys have to stand on top of each other? And have you ever considered getting a smaller costume? And if so, why have you not done so? And tell me about this Shbeeg character while you at it? What makes it so hard to get genuine appreciation?"

Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s)
"Too long. The costume is provided by management anyway.

Shbeeg is the company president. People don't like him. Maybe the idea of a quantum AI in business freaks people out, or maybe it's because of something he did before. I don't really know why, or care that much, to be honest. It doesn't make the theme park version of him that popular, though."

Mertle
"Greetings, child. I'm afraid now is not the best time for a reading. After all, your competitors could be eavesdropping right outside this tent. That would not be prudent, would it? Of course not. If you seek my help, please visit me during an Action Phase and I will assist you with your quest."
*Charmy leaves the tent.*

Charmy: Well, that wasted a few minutes. Hmm...maybe I should check out the Band Stage? Maybe the band has something I could use to ward off that gorilla.

*Charmy leaves the tent.*

Charmy: Well, that wasted a few minutes. Hmm...maybe I should check out the Band Stage? Maybe the band has something I could use to ward off that gorilla.
You check the Band Stage and look at the band. They're all animatronic versions of Waluigi Time's employees - Mr. Shbeeg and Hammond Hammer on guitar, Chuck on keyboards, and Kameron on drums. None of them are operating right now.

Spanner
"Sorry if you came here to see the band. Like I told your teammate, we can't start the show until the WT animatronic is back in its place."

View attachment 45870Yoshi the DOS: "Even though you yourself are not AI?"

Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s)
"I wish I was. Then I wouldn't be feeling the heat in this suit."

Monomi waddles to the vending machine dejected.

She slams her head against it.

You slam your head against the vending machine. It gets pushed slightly backwards before settling back in its original position.

Vending Machine
"Do not attempt to tamper with this machine."

Snackrat
"HEY! Knock it off! I got lots of relatives, don't cross me!"

Hey, I'm hungry. Can I go to the kitchen and make myself a sandwich?

Vincent Overpriced
"If you wish."

You examine the Fear Factory's kitchen. You could, in theory, make yourself a sandwich in here, but the ingredients haven't been fresh for a long time, and it's probably been even longer since anything's been washed. No wonder this place almost got shut down.

You check the Band Stage and look at the band. They're all animatronic versions of Waluigi Time's employees - Mr. Shbeeg and Hammond Hammer on guitar, Chuck on keyboards, and Kameron on drums. None of them are operating right now.

Spanner
"Sorry if you came here to see the band. Like I told your teammate, we can't start the show until the WT animatronic is back in its place."
Charmy: I didn't come here to watch you play. I need something to ward off that gorilla from the Wheeluigi Time ride. Do you guys happen to have anything I could use to accomplish that?

Make a really grody sandwich with the ingredients in the Fear Factory.

Throw it near the Gorilla and hope it eats it and gets sick.

Charmy: I didn't come here to watch you play. I need something to ward off that gorilla from the Wheeluigi Time ride. Do you guys happen to have anything I could use to accomplish that?

Spanner
"No can do! If anything here gets busted up I'm the one who has to fix it, and these clankers have enough trouble with normal operation.

I suppose I could lend you one of my wrenches if you come back and see me during an Action Phase. My kind's been hurling these at unwanted pests since 1988!"

Make a really grody sandwich with the ingredients in the Fear Factory.

Throw it near the Gorilla and hope it eats it and gets sick.
This sounds like a nauseating plan... that you would probably be better off trying during an Action Phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back