whatever the heck is that

Hmmm....I guess the gaming companies now need to step up their game and start making gaming PCs. I'll be honest, that would pretty cool. Imagine if Sony made gaming pcs. Or Sega! With 16 different Sonic The Hedgehog games included pre-installed! I don't know if that will happen or not but it would be pretty neat. Like, I'd love to have a Nintendo gaming PC. Like, maybe one made to look like an NES. I remember they had a Game Boy Advance meant to look like an NES; it was the "NES Edition".

Then again the companies probably don't need to do that because the consoles and games still sell well, but it would be really cool.
That would be the dumbest idea ever

The whole point of consoles is to get away from all the bullshit of PC gaming

What's so bad about PC gaming though? Like, what are the problems with it?
to put it simply: a console is just easier to deal with

like i am a PC gamer, i prefer PC gaming because i prefer the openness of the platform compared to consoles but PC gaming is just inherently more fiddly than gaming on consoles

mind you, it's not like you're going to have to be sitting there trying to figure out how to get something working for like an hour before you can play it but like it just is more fiddly than playing on a console.

so it's like a tradeoff:
pc gaming:
- more open and you have a lot more freedom than you do when playing on a console

- might need to deal with troubleshooting and tinkering at times to deal with both software and hardware issues, as well as just to get the game running at an acceptable level on your hardware

console gaming:
- much more locked down than a PC, don't even have a fraction of the freedom you get when playing on PC

- it's functionally plug and play. you won't need to tinker with settings because whatever consoles you have are the exact same hardware as every single other one of those consoles that are out there. every ps5 is the same, every xbox series x is the same, every switch is the same. at most (almost exclusvely on playstation), you just gotta make a simple choice: do u want the game to look as pretty as possible but at a lower resolution and framerate or do u want the game to run at max resolution and max framerate but at the cost of lesser graphics

Not saying Nintendo should make more powerful consoles, but Nintendo fans should just be aware that graphical fidelity on Nintendo games come with an asterisk. You can stylize the game and it can still look very good, but stylization can only get you so far imo.

Graphics isn't everything of course, and the graphics race can be way overdone to the point that the fanbase, that expects absolute perfect graphics from the developers, mocks a high-production game for a single texel bleed or a hair card that's chopped off slightly or a 30 fps man in the horizon or 2d trees flickering slightly in the distance, and it causes console prices to skyrocket and bloat video games with 200gb install requirements, but on the flipside it's always a fun to try to imagine what Mario on a current gen pc will look like rather than him pretty much looking like he's on a game dated by two generations.

When the Mario movie offered a look into what that could be, it's a big reason I got so interested in its first trailer.

While I do like the look of the Mario film, even with cutting edge technology I doubt thats what a Mario game would look like. The movie has a style of it's own compared to the games at large beyond just "graphics"

Back