post any random Mario thought on your mind

Trunks Mario said:
she looked better with the tennis shoes
Mcmadness said:
One does not wear high heels to sports.

The biggest sense of irony is knowing that Rosalina can actually get away with wearing high heels while playing sports, all thanks to the fact that she can levitate.

I know, it's pretty amusing. But she clearly likes to look the part.

I really don't see how either of those Rosalina models are attractive with their ridiculously long legs. It looks really weird and unrealistic.

it looks like Hatsune Miku DRESSED AS Rosalina.

Rosalina doesn't look like that AT ALL , therefore i can't approve that model.

Swiftie_Luma said:
it looks like Hatsune Miku DRESSED AS Rosalina.

Rosalina doesn't look like that AT ALL , therefore i can't approve that model.

Well that's TDA for you. Even Peach and Daisy have received TDA variations.

mmd_tda__new_super_princess_peach_u_by_amanehatsura-davc7wk.png

There's even a TDA version of Pit and Dark Pit.

i_love_these_two_angels_so_much_by_theinfinitedreamer-dbngmmm.png

Anyway, it's pretty much the fault of the model owners for not staying true to what the characters actually look like in their game appearances.

You make a fair point, but I must argue that Igkwinnbdbuu.

Anyone think we'll ever get a follow-up to Game Boy Donkey Kong and GBA Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the same gameplay style?

I've been grinding on Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars recently to get Gold Mario so I've been thinking about that as well lol

I really doubt that we'll ever get another one like that, but in the incredibly rare chance that they decide to make another one, I think it could poteintaly be pretty fun.

Though I like the puzzle ones quite a lot, as long as they keep each entry fresh, (aka don't be New Super Mario Bros. and just copy music and offer nothing new) I'd like that series to continue on, so if we did get a game like the GBA game, make it seperate to the current Mario vs. DK series. Mario vs DK nowadays hasn't got anything to do with Mario vs DK anyway so it's not like they can't change it.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
You make a fair point, but I must argue that Igkwinnbdbuu.
LOL. Nice reply.

Anyways it's only 8 in the morning and I'm already wanting to take a nap. Not a good sign for the day...

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Anyone think we'll ever get a follow-up to Game Boy Donkey Kong and GBA Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the same gameplay style?
I wish.

Even a remake will do at this point. And I say remake because character voices are always nice to hear.

Ninelevendo said:
I've been grinding on Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars recently to get Gold Mario
Me too; because when Miiverse closes its doors, it will be virtually impossible to gain more stars after completing the main game. Sometimes I'd wonder if I'd actually need Gold Mario or not, even if I don't use the level editor much.

Today, I found out Yoshi Cookie of all things wasn't originally a Mario game but a alchemy based game called Hermetica.

Though the game does have a gameplay revolving along equivalent exchange, I suppose

Pink Cat said:
Today, I found out Yoshi Cookie of all things wasn't originally a Mario game but a alchemy based game called Hermetica.

Though the game does have a gameplay revolving along equivalent exchange, I suppose

Yes, and do you know that Dr. Mario wasn't originally a Mario game, but a game called "Virus"? I think putting Mario characters might have actually helped give the games a popularity boost, because I don't think a game called "Virus" would have several sequels up to now, as opposed to Dr. Mario.

I like how the main character in the Yoshi's Cookie games is basically Mario, since he's the only playable character in all versions (NES particularly; GB and SNES have Mario and Yoshi controlling the cursor).

Thank you for reading.

Man, remember the old days, when you could reskin a game like that?
GB Bomberman, Panel de Pon, Puyo Puyo, Doki Doki Panic, etc?

Play Mario Kart 8 and use the rear-view function. Why is everyone constantly looking off to their left?

I think they want to emulate how people look in their side mirrors in real life, or they want to appear they're looking back without actually moving the head (which in this case, they should just use the backing up animation). I don't know.

It's probably the presumption that you're looking to see what's behind, so the character is too. But I don't really know.

When I was 6 and 7 years old, I thought Super Mini Mario World was a stage performance of Super Mario World for the SNES, but with minis, because I had only played Minis March Again at the time and didn't know it was a theme park. (I have never played March of the Minis, but I've seen the first cutscene)

Oh yeah, and at the time, I mistook Mini Mario's wind-up key for the cape from Super Mario World!

So I finally started playing Mario Kart 7 again after a loooong time.

I'm driving in Coconut Mall. I get a Star. I use it. I plow through one of the cars in parking lot. The Mii driving it? Mrs. Claus.
I think I'm on the naughty list now.

ThatGuy62 said:
Man, remember the old days, when you could reskin a game like that?
GB Bomberman, Panel de Pon, Puyo Puyo, Doki Doki Panic, etc?

Yes, it's always fun to learn about the differences between the originals and the modified versions. I remembered learning that there Tetris Attack wasn't what the original turns out to be. Nowadays in the internet age, doing this would have raised eyebrows since the original version would've been found quite quickly.

In retrospect, it's kind of frustrating to learn that the original versions of these games will not be able to flourish under their own merits, instead relying on more popular ones to do so. Thus, limiting their potential growth.

With that said, it was the right call for Doki Doki Panic mainly because as an exception to what I have mentioned, if it weren't for Mario, it would otherwise never be able to get sequels since it was, after all, a licensed game, so a lot of originality would've gone to waste.

Trunks Mario said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I wish.

Even a remake will do at this point. And I say remake because character voices are always nice to hear.

I can easily see the developers explaining that they already have a "Super Mario" series as the Mario platformer, so they deemed the DK-based Mario platformers a redundant direction to take, which is why the direction of this series used Minis as its basis for gameplay. The difference is, I doubt there would be a commotion over their explanation on this preference, as opposed to the explanation that another Mario series received back at E3 2016.

GameXplain instigated the question to Risa Tabata,
producer of Paper Mario Colour Splash, basically asking the reason Paper Mario has taken on a more adventurous direction rather than an RPG one. Basically another Mario RPG series already existed, which is of course Mario & Luigi, so having two RPG series is considered redundant, and thus Paper Mario is chosen for different gameplay styles rather than an RPG one.

My explanation might have a few inaccuracies, so I apologise if there is. Anyway in retrospect, given the naming convention for Paper Mario in Japan, it kind of made sense, since Thousand Year Door is merely called "Paper Mario RPG" (no subtitles, I must add).

Thank you for reading.

ArchagentEverlasting said:
And who did that Mii grow up to be? ALBERT EINSTEIN
I wonder how many people plowed through cars with Hitler parked on them.

Maybe more than Stalin I'm guessing.

Back