MarioWiki Poll Discussion

Most games in the Mario Kart series have introduced a new iteration of the Rainbow Road course. Which do you favor the most?

• Super Mario Kart
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  • Mario Kart DS
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Mario Kart Tour (RMX Rainbow Road)
  • I like all Rainbow Road courses
  • I dislike the Rainbow Road courses

Wii (option 6), because of the music and also because it's the one I grew up with.

Double Dash. Not only does it have amazing music, but the windpipe at the end and the city skyline setting at night makes it one of the coolest iterations of Rainbow Road, at least in my opinion.

I'll say Mario Kart 7. I thought it was creative and really embraced the space theme (plus the music was great), and it had a whole lot more rainbow than MK8's Rainbow road lol

Super Circuit because I can constantly throw myself off the edge like a madwoman to clear the course as fast as possible.

Post Awards, but not post-polls! Mario has played a lot of sports, but which one do you like most?

What is your favorite series of Mario sports games?
  • Mario Tennis
  • Mario Golf
  • Mario Strikers
  • Mario Baseball
  • Mario Hoops
  • Mario Sports Mix/Mario Sports Superstars
  • Mario & Sonic
  • I do not like any of the Mario sports games
  • I have not played any Mario sports games
  • I have no opinion

My pick? It's Mario Baseball. Super Sluggers was loads of fun and it's one case where waggle worked well, honestly. I'd be thrilled to finally get a third baseball installment.

Mario Tennis. It's easy to pick up, but is very rewarding once you master it. Not to mention there's a lot of flashy special moves you can pull off if you're skilled, and there's often a decent single player campaign as well in most installments.

Honestly I have no opinion. I haven't really played the Mario Sports games. The only one I really played was Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

I wrote this poll but I'm still going to give my opinion.

So I'm a big Wii person (I'm currently playing Wii Party as I type this) and I absolutely love myself some Super Sluggers or Sports Mix. I don't play either of them particularly often but if I had to pick one, I would probably say Sports Mix just because it holds my attention a little better. Super Sluggers is a banger game though and absolutely not a game you should skip.

I picked Golf.

I think I like the more laid back approach to the golf series, where instead of it being all action all the time, you are hitting the golf ball. The games are overall quite solid so I think the series still has potential to be better, unlike Dr. Mario (not a sports game) which peaked early and probably will never reach new heights.

Thank you for reading.

Honestly I would say tennis (as that is my best IRL sport), but I haven't actually played much Mario Tennis and the games seem somewhat unfaithful to the sport (which obviously isn't a big problem but kind of a nitpick for me).

Then you have Mario Sports Mix/Mario Sports Superstars. I've only played Sports Superstars, but I thought it was a very good game with a surprising amount of content (plus the horse racing was awesome imo).

But overall I think I'll say Mario Golf, not only is it also a sport that I play IRL, but I think the series (especially the older titles) take a really cool approach to the sport and I think there's a good skill element to them.

I know the person making the Pool try is Best to Add every Options Possibles, but for the next Pool, could we add "My response is not here" or something like that, because actually, it's not rare at all that people are having 2 or more favorite things, simply because they are liking different things that cannot be compare and they didn't take hours and hours to debate absolutely for each details, which option they prefer. Talking about Favorite things, Human aren't that complex to feel they love something at 89,11% and something else to 89,12%, even if by making analysis they can notice it, that's why we will simply answer both of the option.

I know the person making the Pool try is Best to Add every Options Possibles, but for the next Pool, could we add "My response is not here" or something like that, because actually, it's not rare at all that people are having 2 or more favorite things, simply because they are liking different things that cannot be compare and they didn't take hours and hours to debate absolutely for each details, which option they prefer. Talking about Favorite things, Human aren't that complex to feel they love something at 89,11% and something else to 89,12%, even if by making analysis they can notice it, that's why we will simply answer both of the option.
I'll take your suggestion into consideration and adjust our future polls accordingly, thank you for your feedback.

It's new poll time! This week, our poll was created by the awesome Koopaling fan, @Kerrigan!

What form of Mario fan content do you most enjoy?

-I enjoy fanart and drawings of characters in the Mario series.
-I enjoy written works of fiction set in the Mario universe.
-I enjoy fanmade animations using characters from the Mario series.
-I listen to fanmade musical arrangements and mashups of songs from Mario games.
-I play fan games and ROM hacks of existing Mario games.
-I watch Mario gaming content, such as Twitch streams and YouTube videos.
-I mainly enjoy a form of Mario fan content not listed here.
-I have not interacted with any Mario fan content.
-I have no opinion.

It's new poll time! This week, our poll was created by the awesome Koopaling fan, @Kerrigan!

-I listen to fanmade musical arrangements and mashups of songs from Mario games.
-I have no opinion.
Fanart and drawings. I like when people make their make their own characters, create new worlds and settings, and even design new levels and outfits for certain games and characters.

-I have no opinion.
I'd say fanart too. I've seen such amazing fanart that's Mario-related and we even have a thread on it!

My most favorite form of enjoyment for Mario fan content is simply RP of Mario characters and OCs with my twin sister, whether it's through simple dialogue, acting out in Garry's Mod, or playing with toys. Hell I enjoy this order of magnitudes more than I like playing the games.

I picked "other" because it doesn't quite fit because it's not written, nor fanart, nor animated, really.

Back