MarioWiki Poll Discussion

It's new poll time! This week, our poll was created by the awesome Koopaling fan, @Kerrigan!

What form of Mario fan content do you most enjoy?

-I enjoy fanart and drawings of characters in the Mario series.
-I enjoy written works of fiction set in the Mario universe.
-I enjoy fanmade animations using characters from the Mario series.
-I listen to fanmade musical arrangements and mashups of songs from Mario games.
-I play fan games and ROM hacks of existing Mario games.
-I watch Mario gaming content, such as Twitch streams and YouTube videos.
-I mainly enjoy a form of Mario fan content not listed here.
-I have not interacted with any Mario fan content.
-I have no opinion.
Since I can only pick one, I'm going with Option 6 (streams/videos) since that's the one I enjoy the most, especially Fawfulthegreat64's youtube channel, however, fanart/drawings, fan musical arrangements/mashups, and fangames/ROM hacks are also all excellent.

Really wished there was an option to vote "I enjoy all of the above", but that might be why the option to vote "I have no opinion" exist if I really enjoy almost everything on this poll...
We will make sure to include this option in future polls, thank you for your feedback!

the current poll is actually so fucking hard cuz i love both mario fanart and fanfiction very dearly.

i think despite my over 60,000 mario&luigi fanart collection i am going to go with fanfiction since it is a very underappreciated medium within the fandom and holds many greats across ao3 and fanfiction.net.

it is why i made a mario fanfiction discussion thread on the boards that while is dead i am slowly reviving soon enough! i have a huge backlog of fanfictions i love and want to share with others so they too can learn and find enjoyment from this medium.

New poll, based off of an external submission.
All Paper Mario games have had a partner who uses a "Tattle" function to describe the area you're in or foes and NPCs. Which is your favorite?
-Goombario
-Goombella
-Tippi/Tiptron
-Kersti
-Huey
-Olivia
-I like them all.
-I don't like any of them.
-I have no opinion.

New poll, based off of an external submission.
All Paper Mario games have had a partner who uses a "Tattle" function to describe the area you're in or foes and NPCs. Which is your favorite?
-Goombario
-Goombella
-Tippi/Tiptron
-Kersti
-Huey
-Olivia
-I like them all.
-I don't like any of them.
-I have no opinion.
Goombella!

Option 3 (Tippi/Tiptron). This was a tough pick between Tippi/Tiptron and Goombella, since Goombella is pretty cute, but I like Tippi the best because I like her as a character and her central role in the story, and I also think that the pointing at the screen to activate the pointer was really well done and gave it a special feel that none of the other Paper Mario games had. There's also the fact that SPM has tattles for everything from the player to enemies to items to NPCs to interactable objects, and was the last Paper Mario game to have Tattles for a diversity of things rather than just the main "what do I do" tattle. Finally, I also enjoyed using Tippi to uncover hidden objects, which is a unique feature thanks to the pointer mechanic which no other Paper Mario game has.

Back