What game did you last play?!?!?!?

My Wii U GamePad being out really blocks out a lot of my favorite Wii U games. It's really disappointing. But I fished out a few other games based on what I had.

Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
I beat World 1 to unlock World 2. I also found a few secret goals so I could unlock the secret World A. I haven't played either world yet, though,

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (Wii)
I beat Mad Gear Zone today, and with that I unlocked E.G.G. Station Zone. The final boss is cruel, and I haven't beaten it yet.

Super Mario Run (iOS)
I finally beat Area 30 of Remix 10, and unlocked Daisy! Daisy's a neat character, and her double jump is cool. Now, since I've essentially done everything in the demo, I should probably think about buying the full game. There are several other games I want to buy first, but this game is certainly on my wishlist!

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
I beat the rest of the Metro Kingdom missions, as well as the Seaside Kingdom missions. I unlocked the Snow Kingdom, but haven't played it yet.

Mario Tennis Aces

I got matched up with a Bowser in finals and experienced war flashbacks. I wish you could rewatch matches, I have ideas of where I could have done better but nothing too specific. Bowser's full-meter shot is just miles better than mine and I have to use up my entire meter to counter it and then get back in time for the following drop shot. I think I just need to be more aggressive and use my own full-meter shot just to force Bowsers to use up their meter. They could always let it go and then get a free point the next turn when I have no meter left but at least that way its an even trade, trying to counter Bowser's full-meter shot drains the entirety of my bar getting back for the following drop shot. Bowser's inherently stronger shots are just tough to deal with as a low power character and it's hard to tell if his positioning is exploitable or not because despite being slow his big frame and forward trick shot hide deceptively long reach.

I rambled.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

I think I'm experiencing what I did with the last two Cold Steel games; my builds are so strong that nothing is challenging anymore. I got to a boss that looked really intimidating and killed it in one shot with Altina. It does put a bit of a downer on fights like the Chapter 3 finale where you're supposed to be fighting the strongest known character in the series up to this point but they can barely hurt you and go down in just a few turns.

Fate/Grand Order

Hardest part of lottery is just having to tap Nero's buttons for 10 minutes to use up all my petals. Killing my fingers.

Fire Emblem Fates, I am visiting a ton of other castles and not focusing on the main story.

Mario Kart 8 DX

I decided to see if you can do a race without doing anything; what I mean is, I turned on auto-accelerate, smart steering, and 200cc and let 'er rip. It worked!...but I came in last. Duh.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U.

Wario, Squidward, two Mr. Krabs, and Peter Griffin were all victims of Luigi, Mario, and Baby Luigi.

Moldomré said:
Mario Kart 8 DX

I decided to see if you can do a race without doing anything; what I mean is, I turned on auto-accelerate, smart steering, and 200cc and let 'er rip. It worked!...but I came in last. Duh.

GameXplain once made a video about that, and they were using Luigi.

He won by doing absolutely nothing.

Sonic Mania Plus

Ok I finally got this game. I really had fun and already got used to the controls. I was so good I stopped playing when I reached Hydrocity zone. I was playing with my little brother, so I was obviously Sonic and he was Tails. Got 3 Chaos Emeralds, but the 3rd one was a pain in the ass.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Switch)
Started a 7-day free trial membership to Nintendo Switch Online. I played Mario 3 with my brother, and it's really good. Doesn't quite beat NSMBU or NSMBW, but I like it a lot. Can't wait to get this game in Mario All-Stars!

Super Mario Bros. (Switch)
Also a great game. I got to 1-2, and took the warp zone to 4-2. My brother made it to 1-2. Then we both got Game Over, and my brother made me quit to play something else...

Tecmo Bowl (Switch)
A football game that really isn't great. But my brother really wanted to play it, so we did. It was decent, but I've played better football games. My brother really wanted to play another round, but I wanted to stop. So we did.

I won't explain these others in detail, but we also played Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., and Balloon Fight.

Fate/Grand Order

I've finally started to deplete some of these golden apples, I've got enough petals to reach box 30 but I'll leave opening them until after the event is over. I'll probably just multi-task and grind petals today and tomorrow and hopefully I'll reach like box 50 or 60. I don't think I have the patience or time to aim for anything triple digit even if I have the apples to do so.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)
I decided to overhaul my team for The Ultimate Choice, and I finally beat level 6. My team was Bandana Waddle Dee, Adeleine & Ribbon, Marx, and Chef Kawasaki. I also attempted level 7 and almost won, but died right at the end of the final boss fight. But at last, I have finally increased my completion percentage from 97% to 98%!

Mario Party DS

Don't know why. Just a random impulse. I ended up with 15 stars, I probably should have been petal farming FGO instead of this since it's the last day. MPDS goes by pretty fast anyway.

Fate/Grand Order

For some unknown reason I was compelled to reach 30,000 Petals before the event was over. It was like 13 hours of grinding over those three days but I am now drowning in the rewards. Hard grinding opportunities like lotteries don't pop up super often so I'm fine with spending a lot of time on them when they do.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Killing Squidward is so much fun.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I beat Fiery Showdown (level 7) in The Ultimate Choice, leaving just one more task to 100% this game: Soul Melter. I was barely able to beat Fiery Showdown; this is gonna be a nightmare. But once I beat it, it's gonna be worth it. After all, Mario Odyssey needs some company, being the only Switch game I've conquered 100%.

However, once I 100% this game, I certainly won't stop playing. No, I've got tons more Guest Star runs to complete. More puzzle pieces to collect. And most importantly, more levels of The Ultimate Choice to go solo with normal Kirby! I'm also looking forward to getting Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and I hear that that game is even better than this.

Fate/Grand Order

I got Altera, then I decided to throw caution into the wind and literally the next thing I summoned was another Altera. It's tempting to use all my exp to max her out immediately but I need to save it for a possible x2 success rate next week. I at least upgraded all her skills to Lv6 and I'll do her interludes as soon as I get her to final ascension.

Today was good civ.

Various Mario Party games:
Mario Party 7: one 15 turn 8-player game, one 2vs2 10 turn game and one FFA 10 turn game.
Mario Party 6: one 50 turn game on Faire Square in an attempt to see if the star count capped at 99, which it does not.
Mario Party 8: A perfect 10 000 score in Test for the Best.

Fate/Grand Order

Looks like they're messing with the schedule a lot so I just used up all my saved exp. I should have used them to level up a large variety of servants but I just got Altera and I was saving my grails for her so I used up almost half of it raising her to Level 100.

I think I might be able to create a 3-Turn ember set up with Altera, but it will depend on Arash.

W4GcUFm.png

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)

Finally, I got a new GamePad battery and charger! To celebrate, I played this game with it. First, I played some online matches. I then did a few 1v1 solo matches against the computer, followed shortly by some events and Master Orders. This game is really good; I can't wait for Smash Ultimate!

I also looked at DLC costs, and man, it's almost as expensive as the base game! But that's not gonna stop me; I'll buy it anyway!

YFJ said:
I also looked at DLC costs, and man, it's almost as expensive as the base game! But that's not gonna stop me; I'll buy it anyway!
You sure you wanna do that when Ultimate is coming out in less than 2 1/2 months? Though I understand if you want to complete your collection.

Back