Amusing Awards Artifact Adventure - Phase 1: Let the Game Begin! (Action)

Waluigi Time

The Slapstick
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him

Players
TeamPlayersArtifacts Collected
Shbeeg Shots@GBA
InsaneBlathers (@Sir Pentious)
@TPG
Chucksters@Flygon64
@Snack
@BBQ Turtle
Cure-ators@Roserade
@Yoshi the SSM
@Revin
Cleanup Crew@Hooded Pitohui
Toadettefan (@Charmy Bee)
Gabumon (@Lin Beifong)
F3 Squad@Superchao
@Fun With Despair
@Turboo
ShmwarioWare, Inc.Shoey (@Daniel Dyce)
MCD (@Nathan Fielder)
Smasher (@Smashley)

Locations
🎤Band Stage
???
???
👻Fear Factory
🎉Fun Center
🪞Hall of Reflectinators
Be entertained by the sounds of WT and the Spoons, the best animatronic band we could buy with money! (Note: Parody songs are protected by law. Don't sue me.)
NPCs: Spanner
This location will open at the beginning of Phase 3.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 3.See what happens when you subject yourself to substandard food industry practices in this terrifying haunt! Enter... if you dare!
NPCs: Vincent Overpriced, Sporis Karloff, Cereal Box Ghost, Health Inspector, Muercello & Spectra, ???
A fun place for having fun, and also buying stuff from stalls! What's more fun than souvenirs?
NPCs: Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s), Vending Machine, Snackrat
Hall of mirrors? It's been done. Check out this upgrade on a classic, fitted with state-of-the-art Reflectinator tech!
NPCs: Hectinator the Reflectinator
🔮Magnificent Mertle the All-Seeing's Fortune Tent
???
???
???
???
???
Who said you have to wait for the future? Visit Mertle and find out about it now! If you're having trouble with the Artifact Adventure, she can also give you hints.
NPCs: Mertle
This location will open at the beginning of Phase 2.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 2.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 2.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 2.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 3.
???
???
???
🎡Wheeluigi Time
This location will open at the beginning of Phase 3.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 2.This location will open at the beginning of Phase 3.
Ah, the classic ferris wheel. This one is exceptionally handsome to boot.​
NPCs: Ferris, King Kong

Artifacts
?​
?​
?​
?​
?​
An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.
?​
?​
?​
?​
?​
An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.
?​
?​
?​
An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.An artifact found somewhere in the park.

Quests
  • Get King Kong off of Wheeluigi Time.
  • Deal with the departed Health Inspector in the Fear Factory.
  • Return the Waluigi Time animatronic to the Band Stage.
  • Retrieve Mertle's candles from Bela Lactosi.
  • Cheer up the Shbeeg Mascot Guy(s) by making them feel appreciated.

Phases

Last edited:
WaluigiTime.png

Waluigi Time
Wahaha! Welcome everyone to the first ever Artifact Adventure, the only theme park scavenger hunt hosted by yours truly! You should all have your park brochures and enough WT Coins to conceivably buy anything you want without ever running out! Don't worry about the cost to me, it's all covered in the price of the special Artifact Adventure ticket anyway!

(Shoot, the temporal authorities are here already? Uh, act casual...)

Now, you're all here pretty early, so all of the attractions haven't opened yet. For now, explore the park and start hunting some artifacts, and the rest of them will open up in no time!

Before you run off, let me introduce the team captains! These are my employees, so be nice to them!

MrShbeeg.png
Chuck.png
Kameron.png
Lakilarry.png
HammondHammer.png

WaluigiTime.png

Waluigi Time
One, two, three, four, five... whoops. Eh, wahaha... Let me make a quick phone call, okay?

*one fancypants transition later*

Shmwario.png

Shmwario
Did someone say TREASURE HUNT?

WaluigiTime.png

Waluigi Time
And there's six. Phew. Almost had a real problem there.

Okay, get out there and have fun!

The Explore portion of Phase 1 has begun! Investigate the park and interact with NPCs to get leads on artifacts! You have until .

Charmy: All right, I got here just in time! This place looks like a lot of fun, doesn't it? Look at that stage, hall of mirrors, and that fortune teller! Where should I go first? How about the Wheeluigi Time ride? I bet there's something hidden there!

Charmy: All right, I got here just in time! This place looks like a lot of fun, doesn't it? Look at that stage, hall of mirrors, and that fortune teller! Where should I go first? How about the Wheeluigi Time ride? I bet there's something hidden there!
Your first stop is Wheeluigi Time, a ferris wheel decorated with a massive Waluigi face. This guy must really like looking at himself... The ferris wheel isn't in motion, but Waluigi Time appears to be riding it already. How'd he get here so fast? More importantly, there's a big gorilla perched on top of the ride.

Ferris.png

Ferris
"Oh, hi. Normally I'd let you ride the ferris wheel, but we're having a bit of a... problem. Not sure if you want to help with that..."

Let's go to the Fear Factory with the terrible food, since we were just talking about that.
You creak open the rusty door of the Fear Factory, passing by a Tostarenan and Polterpup standing outside of the building. Inside, you discover the main factory room, its rusted old machinery loudly whirring as it produces copious amounts of... cereal. Shocker.

You're not in here long before a ghost appears!

VincentOverpriced.png

Vincent Overpriced
"Welcome, foolish mortal, to the FEAR FACTORY! Aaaahahaha... ha... Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm just not feeling like myself at the moment. Perhaps you could assist us, if you care to hear my woes."

Your first stop is Wheeluigi Time, a ferris wheel decorated with a massive Waluigi face. This guy must really like looking at himself... The ferris wheel isn't in motion, but Waluigi Time appears to be riding it already. How'd he get here so fast? More importantly, there's a big gorilla perched on top of the ride.

Ferris.png

Ferris
"Oh, hi. Normally I'd let you ride the ferris wheel, but we're having a bit of a... problem. Not sure if you want to help with that..."
Charmy: Great to see you. I'm apart of the cleaning crew, and we're searching for relics all over this park. I'd be glad to help you with your problem if it means getting closer to a hidden treasure. So, what can I help you with?

The captains are just revealed, when suddenly, some miscellaneous park guests point with gasps towards the top of a popcorn stand. There, a figure stands, scarf billowing in the wind.

lilkay-billoweast.gif

They take a moment to overlook the scene, eyes intent. Could it be...?

lilkay-leap2.gif

lilkay-swipe.gif

kay-nose(b).gif

???
Another successful landing! You know what they say, a thief always lands on her feet!

kay-pumped(b).gif

???
That's right, everyone! I've made it!
Even in the depths of night, when no other bird dares to take flight...
...one alone soars to shine the light of righteousness on the world's blight!
And that one is me!

kay-grin(d).gif

???
For I am the Great Thief, Yatagarasu!
But my real name is Kay Faraday. Just call me Kay, 'kay?

kay-sigh(d).gif

Kay
...Alright, look, I know my last appearance wasn't great. Getting kidnapped back in that Smash Bros. tournament was not my strongest moment.

kay-pumped(b).gif

Kay
But those baddies never saw it coming when I snuck out of there! A Great Thief always gets out of a tough bind!
And now the Yatagarasu can prove herself once again! I'll not only steal these artifacts, but I'll also steal the truth along the way!

kay-gloves(b).gif

Kay
Heard this Waluigi Time guy might be involved in some Shadow Crystal smuggling. If that's true, you can count on me to find the proof!
Let's see... If I were an eccentric business man, where would I find my illegal wares... Maybe the Hall of Reflectinators?

kay-sigh(d).gif

Kay
...Hope this goes better than my last trip to the amusement park...

WheezlieTalkSprite.png
: Dorohohohackough! Good showing, son! A good showing indeed! I dare say I haven't seen so intricate a transition after placing a call in an age! Now, you say I am to cooperate with the good gentlebee and the good gentlebird? Very well, then! Such lively and vigorous sorts, undoubtedly we shall unveil those hidden treasures more rapidly than a Tweester spins! While my compatriots get underway scouting out your attractions and cuisine and whatnot, I should think I'll have a listen to the musical stylings offered at this Merriment Park. Timothy, come along! We shall make haste for that Band Stage.

Charmy: Great to see you. I'm apart of the cleaning crew, and we're searching for relics all over this park. I'd be glad to help you with your problem if it means getting closer to a hidden treasure. So, what can I help you with?

Ferris
"It's that gorilla up there! He won't come down and we can't safely run it with him up there. If you could get him down somehow, we can start up the ride again and I can give you something special as a reward."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Get the gorilla off of Wheeluigi Time.

View attachment 45810
Kay
Heard this Waluigi Time guy might be involved in some Shadow Crystal smuggling. If that's true, you can count on me to find the proof!
Let's see... If I were an eccentric business man, where would I find my illegal wares... Maybe the Hall of Reflectinators?
You approach the Hall of Reflectinators, or perhaps tent would be more accurate? There are reportedly many Reflectinators inside, but your attention turns to the conspicuous robotic ghost floating outside.

HectinatorTheReflectinator.png

Hectinator the Reflectinator
"WELCOME. THIS IS THE HALL OF REFLECTINATORS. MANY REFLECTINATORS HERE. DO THINGS. WATCH THEM REFLECTINATE. GREAT FUN."

View attachment 45806: Dorohohohackough! Good showing, son! A good showing indeed! I dare say I haven't seen so intricate a transition after placing a call in an age! Now, you say I am to cooperate with the good gentlebee and the good gentlebird? Very well, then! Such lively and vigorous sorts, undoubtedly we shall unveil those hidden treasures more rapidly than a Tweester spins! While my compatriots get underway scouting out your attractions and cuisine and whatnot, I should think I'll have a listen to the musical stylings offered at this Merriment Park. Timothy, come along! We shall make haste for that Band Stage.
You check out the Band Stage to see a performance by WT and the Spoons. Unfortunately for you, no such performance is happening - the stage is silent and the band is completely stationary. Perhaps the mechanic staring at them could shed some light on the situation...

Ferris
"It's that gorilla up there! He won't come down and we can't safely run it with him up there. If you could get him down somehow, we can start up the ride again and I can give you something special as a reward."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Get the gorilla off of Wheeluigi Time.
Charmy: All right, let me at him! I'll use my stinger to give that mean ape a piece of my mind! Take this, you bad monkey!

View attachment 45816
Kay
Aw, this robot is so cute! Hey, buddy! Would it be alright if I went inside the tent?

Hectinator the Reflectinator
"ENTER. LOTS OF FUN."

You enter the Hall of Reflectinators. Sure enough, it's wall-to-wall Reflectinators! The light shining off of them and reflectinating off of each other makes it a little hard to look at... You could probably make something interesting happen here, though.

Charmy: All right, let me at him! I'll use my stinger to give that mean ape a piece of my mind! Take this, you bad monkey!
You attempt to fly to the top of the ferris wheel and sting the gorilla. It's only now that you realize game mechanics don't allow you to do this...

KingKong.png

King Kong
"Ha ha! Nice try, tiny Zinger! Long live King Kong!"

You creak open the rusty door of the Fear Factory, passing by a Tostarenan and Polterpup standing outside of the building. Inside, you discover the main factory room, its rusted old machinery loudly whirring as it produces copious amounts of... cereal. Shocker.

You're not in here long before a ghost appears!

View attachment 45802
Vincent Overpriced
"Welcome, foolish mortal, to the FEAR FACTORY! Aaaahahaha... ha... Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm just not feeling like myself at the moment. Perhaps you could assist us, if you care to hear my woes."

First, I must ascertain the nature of this cereal.

Then the ghost can tell his tale of woe.

You attempt to fly to the top of the ferris wheel and sting the gorilla. It's only now that you realize game mechanics don't allow you to do this...

KingKong.png

King Kong
"Ha ha! Nice try, tiny Zinger! Long live King Kong!"
Charmy: Hmm...that didn't seem to work at all. I know, how about luring him off with some kind of food? I bet bananas will do the trick! You wait right here, Ferris. I'm just going to the Fear Factory to get some food for the gorilla. Be back soon!

Unfortunately for you, no such performance is happening - the stage is silent and the band is completely stationary. Perhaps the mechanic staring at them could shed some light on the situation...

WheezlieTalkSprite.png
: My goodness! It appears that the goodsir who owns this park has lapsed in the habit of paying his power bills! An easy error to make if I have seen one in my many years. My good gentlemechanic, might I trouble you with a request for an explanation as to this lack of power?

Buck yeah, an artifact hunt! I feel like Daring Do! ...Y'know, if Daring Do ever searched for stuff at amusement parks.

...These are going to actual artifacts and not random junk, right?

Ah well, I'm already here! Since everywhere else is already being searched, I may as well fly over to the Fortune Tent.

First, I must ascertain the nature of this cereal.

Then the ghost can tell his tale of woe.
You look at the boxes endlessly being pumped out on conveyer belt. It's a black box labeled "Freaky Flakes" with the silhouette of a raven. The cereal depicted doesn't look too appetizing.

You try to grab one of the boxes - only to find out it won't budge. It's an attraction prop! Gah! Immersion ruined!

You might find more suitable samples in the factory's storage room.

Vincent Overpriced
"You see, this place would never pass inspection with all those pesky health codes. The last time the inspector came, the boss, let's say eliminated the problem of any report getting back to the officials. The only problem is, now his groaning is ruining our spooky vibes! We've shoved him back in the kitchen for now, but it hasn't helped much. If you were to solve the issue, I would be most indebted and would have something special to give to you."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Deal with the departed Health Inspector.

Charmy: Hmm...that didn't seem to work at all. I know, how about luring him off with some kind of food? I bet bananas will do the trick! You wait right here, Ferris. I'm just going to the Fear Factory to get some food for the gorilla. Be back soon!
You visit the Fear Factory to get bananas for King Kong. I'm not sure I'd want perishable food from this place...

Vincent Overpriced
"I'm afraid ingredients are under the charge of my dear friend Sporis. I only handle marketing."

SporisKarloff.png

Sporis Karloff
"Huh? Bananas? Sorry, we don't use those here. All we got is cereal. If you're still interested, head to the storage room."

View attachment 45820: My goodness! It appears that the goodsir who owns this park has lapsed in the habit of paying his power bills! An easy error to make if I have seen one in my many years. My good gentlemechanic, might I trouble you with a request for an explanation as to this lack of power?
Spanner.png

Spanner
"I'll tell you what the problem is - that dang Waluigi Time animatronic went missing! I swear, these things have a mind of their own! Can't run a show without all five of 'em here. If you can find it and bring it back here, we'll get the show up and running again."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Track down the Waluigi Time animatronic.

View attachment 45822Yoshi the DOS: "Wow. Take a look at that. Jonesy. We will be working together. Anyways. Let me take a look at the Fun Center.
You visit the Fun Center, which appears to be more about shopping than fun. Cotton candy stalls, balloons, all kinds of merch, and even a vending machine! Or you could talk to the depressed looking Mr. Shbeeg over there.

Buck yeah, an artifact hunt! I feel like Daring Do! ...Y'know, if Daring Do ever searched for stuff at amusement parks.

...These are going to actual artifacts and not random junk, right?

Ah well, I'm already here! Since everywhere else is already being searched, I may as well fly over to the Fortune Tent.
You enter the dimly-lit fortune tent, finding a Shaman behind her crystal ball. This place does what it needs to and not much else.

Mertle.png

Mertle
"Greetings, child. I am Magnificent Mertle the All-Seeing, but just call me Mertle. If the future is what you seek, you've come to the right place.

...Speaking of "seeking", I could use a favor, if you are up to the task."

You visit the Fear Factory to get bananas for King Kong. I'm not sure I'd want perishable food from this place...

Vincent Overpriced
"I'm afraid ingredients are under the charge of my dear friend Sporis. I only handle marketing."

SporisKarloff.png

Sporis Karloff
"Huh? Bananas? Sorry, we don't use those here. All we got is cereal. If you're still interested, head to the storage room."
Charmy: Ok, I'm sure there's some banana flavored cereal around here. I'll be heading to the storage room right away, Sporis. I hope I'm able to find what I came for!

Let's obtain a sample from the storage then. Actually, let's grab 10 for a better sample size.

You enter the dimly-lit fortune tent, finding a Shaman behind her crystal ball. This place does what it needs to and not much else.

View attachment 45828
Mertle
"Greetings, child. I am Magnificent Mertle the All-Seeing, but just call me Mertle. If the future is what you seek, you've come to the right place.

...Speaking of "seeking", I could use a favor, if you are up to the task."

Of course I'll help! What's the problem?

Charmy: Ok, I'm sure there's some banana flavored cereal around here. I'll be heading to the storage room right away, Sporis. I hope I'm able to find what I came for!
You check the Fear Factory's storage, which is loaded with cereal boxes. A Mr. Bones is here to greet you.

CerealBoxGhost.png

Cereal Box Ghost
"You came for cereal! I feel it in my BONES!"

The Cereal Box Ghost's head disappears and reappears on the art of the box he's holding. He might be a little bit of a showoff.

"BOOnana flavor is what you seek? We have it! Made entirely with artificial flavors! It's to die for!

...But I can't let you take one right now! If you want it, you'll have to come back at a time for action. Sorry, union rules!"

Let's obtain a sample from the storage then. Actually, let's grab 10 for a better sample size.
You grab ten boxes of different flavors of Freaky Flakes. Some of them have thicker layers of dust than others. You don't even want to think about the expiration dates.

The cereal pieces are very dry and start to disintegrate in your wings. You probably don't want to eat these. Or maybe you do, I'm not your mom.

Of course I'll help! What's the problem?

Mertle
"Ah, very good, child. Normally, I like to have candles lit in my tent to create an ideal fortune-telling environment. You may notice I don't have any right now. I loaned my last pack to that Karloff fellow and haven't seen it since. I would very much appreciate having them back."

Quest discovered!
Objective: Retrieve Mertle's candles from Sporis Karloff.

You check the Fear Factory's storage, which is loaded with cereal boxes. A Mr. Bones is here to greet you.

CerealBoxGhost.png

Cereal Box Ghost
"You came for cereal! I feel it in my BONES!"

The Cereal Box Ghost's head disappears and reappears on the art of the box he's holding. He might be a little bit of a showoff.

"BOOnana flavor is what you seek? We have it! Made entirely with artificial flavors! It's to die for!

...But I can't let you take one right now! If you want it, you'll have to come back at a time for action. Sorry, union rules!"
Charmy: Hmm...where else could I find some food? How about the Fun Center? They have several stalls set up there. I'll see what I can get if this grim-looking ghoul won't let me take his offering. See you, mr. Ghost!

I'd like to go to the kitchen and inspect the departed inspector. Is he a ghost, or zombie, or what exactly are we dealing with here?

I'd also like to talk to Vince and ask him what, if anything, happened to the inspector's personal effects.

Back