THE Scribble Smorgasbord

1. (Bridge)
  2. (Frog leaping)
  3. (Cookie ghost)
  4. (rocket take-off)
  5. bro dw im telling you
Another case with a clear favorite, but difficult second place. I really adore the shadow work in this picture, and the bold black shapes in the background cityscape. For the runner-up, I both like the frog and the cookie one a lot. I enjoy the theme and framing in the cookie one more, but the frog picture just uses its elements so cleverly, I feel like I'd be doing it a disservice not putting it in the second spot.
  1. Parked in the Dark
  2. "Adventurous, willing to take risks"
  3. Commercial District
  4. Lights out
  5. Gorillas in the Crisp
Finally, we arrive at a set where I struggle to pick the favorite. I think in terms of composition and technique, Adventurous is the superior picture. But I just adore the framing device in Parked so much that it narrowly comes out on top for me. I know you personally would probably put Lights out at the bottom. I just like how dynamic the concept is, with the foreshortening, speed lines, and the dutch angle in the background. The pose is a bit wonky, but it's still an interesting picture.
  1. Budget Star
  2. Near the Dark Star
  3. Going Live at Yoshi's Theater
  4. Documenting the Fawful Express
  5. Beachside Shore
I like the sense of depth in Budget Star, as well as the patterned tiles. Good job also with sticking to the Mario & Luigi RPG theme throughout all of your rounds.
  1. Wandering the Mind's Forest
  2. Hard to Reflect
  3. Wildlife Montage
  4. The March Concludes
  5. Picnic by the East Sea
Call me biased, but the picture you put up for our match is my favorite. It is such a stellar composition, it is no wonder I lost to it. Here I struggled settling on a third place. I went with Wildlife Montage over the March because, while the latter is more impressive and spectacular, the former is something that isn't often seen during this contest. I really like the serenity of the raindrops and the texturing on the foliage.
  1. Today was a good day
  2. Care for tea?
  3. (stealth mission)
  4. Bumpty dance
  5. Sandy waters
Big surprise here, I'm really showing my bias. But even without the reference, this is a very impressive picture. They're all great, really. Care for tea looks like something out of a professionally drawn manga. I hope you'll join future iterations of this contest too; I want to see more from you.
  1. No other path but forward
  2. Leech Seed
  3. Where the Poetry Flows
  4. Late Night Hunt
  5. "Feed Me Shroomour"
I picked this one because I really enjoyed the framing and perspective. It has a really cool vibe, with the cliff face in the background and the bridge coming towards the viewer. Struggled a bit to pick a second place. I went with Leech Seed, but I think had there been a long, moody shadow behind the figure in Poetry, that one would have gone in second place easily.

Back