The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

Ghost Nappa said:
Guys, poster for new DBZ film
The heck is that thing?
its a poster :luigi:

On a more serious note, I don't watch this because it's too violent for my liking

You can watch Dragon Ball Z Kai on nicktoons then. It cuts out the blood and swearing.

Okay, you guys aren't gonna believe this.

As ridiculous as it sounds, in the upcoming DBZ film, Battle of Gods, the villain Bills is able to stop a Super Saiyan 3 with a finger. According to V-Jump, Goku will be using a form known as Super Saiyan God. Also, the Pilaf gangs has been turned to children and Piccolo is gonna sing karaoke.
What the fuck.

GalacticPetey said:
Okay, you guys aren't gonna believe this.

As ridiculous as it sounds, in the upcoming DBZ film, Battle of Gods, the villain Bills is able to stop a Super Saiyan 3 with a finger. According to V-Jump, Goku will be using a form known as Super Saiyan God. Also, the Pilaf gangs has been turned to children and Piccolo is gonna sing karaoke.
What the fuck.

o_o Super Saiyan.... god? Sounds kinda ridiculous...

Piccolo singing Karaoke could be hilarious however

Well, the title is Battle of Gods.

Great Saiyaman is also due to appear in this movie. Why? Just give us regular Gohan. At least we'll see Buu getting in on the action this time.
BillsVsGohan%26Buu.png

I suppose it doesn't matter too much anyway. Almost all the movies are ambiguous canon after all. Some absolutely can't be true to DBZ canon except as an alternate timeline.

I think Toriyama said something about trying to preserve continuity. Well, if the Super Saiyan God is in this, that makes GT non canon.

I kind of see this as being an alternate timeline movie, similar to with the Meta-Cooler and Android 13 movies.

I've also heard rumors of SSJ3 Vegeta.

Trailers (2nd references the Super Saiyan God):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaAbgSU6Kw[[/youtube]/spoiler]

Currently watching DBZ: Battle of Gods with machine translated subtitles. Get a load of the Kamehameha translation...

z1iBKoI.png

LkBMIyQ.png

4pukh8p.png

0nEMEL5.jpg

x86kUZZ.png

As a kid, Cell scared me to death.

But a few years ago I was playing Dragon Ball Z Raging Budakai 3 (correct me if title is wrong) and my brother managed to get me to play as Cell and I was brilliant as him and conquered my fear of him. I even remember playing against my brother's mate in a 5 v 5 match on the game and Cell was my first character and I beat 4 of his characters and got halfway through his fifth being being beaten as Cell, and my brother's mate was pretty good at the game, though he was better at Raging Budakai 2 where he kicked my ass

Demidevimon said:

But a few years ago I was playing Dragon Ball Z Raging Budakai 3

You're either talking about Budokai 3, Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, or Budokai Tenkaichi 3. What system was it on?

Raging Blast that's the one, Though it's Raging Blast 2 that I beat my bro's mate

DragonFreak said:
Demidevimon said:
Cell is my favorite villain in the series. I always thought he looked cool and I still do.
Cell is my favorite villain in DBZ. He may be my favorite DBZ character.

My runner up's would have to be Frieza/Cooler (they both have the smae basic powers I believe so I just group them together) and Buu, mostly because he can turn people in to candy. I wish I had that power.

So ai just watched Battle of Gods. Keep in mind, this was the Japanese version without subtitles, so I had no idea what was going on. i got the gist of it, but I read the summary afterwards.

I really liked the movie. The past dbz films kinda felt like extended episodes of the show. This fealt more like an actual movie. The animation was very nice, but the CGI got distracting at times, espcially at one point when SSJG Goku is fighting Bills. Speaking of Bills, I really liked him. He was a nice change of pace from the other Dbz villains. But once he got angry, holy shit. This guy knocks Buu away in one blast, takes out Android 18, Tien, and Piccolo with fucking chopsticks and swats away Ultimate Gohan like he's nothing. He also easily deals with Gotenks and earlier in the movie he beats SSJ3 Goku easily. My favorite scene with Bills is actually the flashback where he has King Vegeta at his feet and Kid Vegeta just stares in horror. As far as Whis goes, he's cool. Different then most DBZ villains so that's good.

Now. About the Super Saiyan God. I didn't like that it had a time limit, but they fixed that with the fact that Goku is now as strong as he was in that form naturally. I did like the idea that you needed multiple saiyans. At first I wondered who the last Saiyan would've been, but then I remembered something Dende brought up earlier in the movie. Videl was pregnant with Pan. That was clever. Like I said, I wish we had seen nor elf the form.

Oh. I suppose I should talk about the Pilaf Gang. Why are they in this movie? I know it's for comic relief, but Vegeta was giving us enough of that. I guess I should bring up Vegeta's antics to keep Bills calm. They seemed really out of character, but funny nonetheless. But back to the Pilaf Gang, I felt that they didn't need to be there. Though it is cool to see some characters from the original Dragon Ball.

Another thing I liked was leaving the door open for possibilities. What are the other Gods of Destruction like? Can Vegeta attain Super Saiyan God? Will we ever see the other universes? Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!

All in all, it was a fun movie. I'll probably watch it again once I can find a good subbed version and probably watch it once the inevitable dub comes out.

Wow, that was a lot of typing.

Back