The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

The Dark Knight said:
Is that the game with all those what-if characters?

If you mean like Super Buu with Frieza or Cell absorbed, Tiencha, Gokule, etc. No, that was Budokai 2.

Northern Verve said:
The Dark Knight said:
Is that the game with all those what-if characters?

If you mean like Super Buu with Frieza or Cell absorbed, Tiencha, Gokule, etc. No, that was Budokai 2.
Oh.

Shame it's not included in the HD collection.

What's kinda odd is that in the first two Budokais, Tien's ultimate attack was not the Neo Tri-Beam. Instead it was the Volleyball Fist.

That's odd. I usually associated neo Tri-Beam with his ultimate. Speaking of Tien's moves, I want to see him use Multi-form in a game. Maybe as a rush.

The Dark Knight said:
MnSG said:
Most Dragon Ball Z fighting games can't compete with the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Or at least, that's how I feel about all of this.
Raging Blast 2?

Well, the key world is "most".

The Dark Knight said:
That's odd. I usually associated neo Tri-Beam with his ultimate. Speaking of Tien's moves, I want to see him use Multi-form in a game. Maybe as a rush.
and Guldo should have his time stopping powers.

FireKirby said:
The Dark Knight said:
How would that work in a game?

The Dark Knight said:
FireKirby said:
The Dark Knight said:
How would that work in a game?
How about as a blast 1 or something?

but if it's used then it should have like some limited time when using time freeze.

like let's say 5 secs or something like that.

I've really only played BT3.

I play with the Classic Control, but fuck joystick twirling, so whenever that happened I unplugged my Classic Controller and plugged in the Nunchuck so I could do the motion instead.

It's kind of a hassle, but I can't get used to playing with the nunchuck.

The Dark Knight said:
I can see that being spammed.

If it requires 2 or more Blast stocks, then that move can't be spammed very much. It's mostly the Blast 1 moves that only use 1 Blast stock that can be spammed.

For example, in Budokai Tenkaichi 2, the Special Fighting Poses that Guldo, Burter, and Jeice have only require 1 Blast stock, which not only puts them in MAX Power mode, but also fills up their Ki. This, combined with the Majin Seal, would make those three quite lethal with their Blast 2 and Ultimate Blast moves. Implementing Blast 1 +19 (or The Emperor's Aura for Burter and Jeice; Blast 1 +15, and adds 3 Equipment Slots) would also speed up how quickly their Blast stocks will charge up.

Recoome and Ginyu require 2 Blast stocks to use their Special Fighting Poses, so they can't be spammed as quickly as with the other Ginyu Force members. Of course, Ginyu does get Self-Harm, which only needs 1 Blast stock to use, but it does take a toll on Ginyu's health, which does not happen with the Special Fighting Pose.

MnSG said:
The Dark Knight said:
I can see that being spammed.

If it requires 2 or more Blast stocks, then that move can't be spammed very much. It's mostly the Blast 1 moves that only use 1 Blast stock that can be spammed.

For example, in Budokai Tenkaichi 2, the Special Fighting Poses that Guldo, Burter, and Jeice have only require 1 Blast stock, which not only puts them in MAX Power mode, but also fills up their Ki. This, combined with the Majin Seal, would make those three quite lethal with their Blast 2 and Ultimate Blast moves. Implementing Blast 1 +19 (or The Emperor's Aura for Burter and Jeice; Blast 1 +15, and adds 3 Equipment Slots) would also speed up how quickly their Blast stocks will charge up.

Recoome and Ginyu require 2 Blast stocks to use their Special Fighting Poses, so they can't be spammed as quickly as with the other Ginyu Force members. Of course, Ginyu does get Self-Harm, which only needs 1 Blast stock to use, but it does take a toll on Ginyu's health, which does not happen with the Special Fighting Pose.
how do you get the majin seal?

FireKirby said:
how do you get the majin seal?

You need to fuse two Z items, which are Wicked Heart Revealed and Babidi's Brainwashing. You can buy those Z items at the Z Store. Majin Seal cuts the amount of Ki that the Blast 2 and Ultimate Blast moves use in half, but it's only usable on evil warriors. The Halo has the exact same effects as the Majin Seal, but unlike the Majin Seal, it's usable on the heroic warriors only.

Like with the Majin Seal, to get the Halo Z item, you need to fuse One Who Loves Justice and King Yemma's Stamp together. They too can be bought at the Z Store.

Now, for a full list of which characters get the Halo, and which ones get the Majin Seal...

Halo
Goku
Kid Gohan
Teen Gohan
Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Chiaotzu
Vegeta
Vegeta (second form)
Trunks (Sword)
Trunks
Goten
Kid Trunks
Hercule
Videl
Supreme Kai
Bardock
Android #18
Android #16
Majin Buu
Tapion
Pikkon
Yajirobe
Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
Vegeta (second form; Super Saiyan 4)
Pan
Uub
Kid Goku
Master Roshi
Grandpa Gohan

Majin Seal
Vegeta (second form; Majin)
Raditz
Saibamen
Nappa
Vegeta (scouter)
Cui
Dodoria
Zarbon
Guldo
Recoome
Burter
Jeice
Ginyu
Frieza
Mecha Frieza
Dr. Gero
Android #19
Android #17
Cell
Cell Jr.
Demon King Dabura
Majin Buu (Pure Evil)
Super Buu
Kid Buu
Garlic Jr.
Turles
Slug
Salza
Cooler
Meta-Cooler
Android 13
Broly
Zangya
Bojack
Janemba
Hirudegarn
General Tao
Baby Vegeta
Super 17
Syn Shenron

I was watching some old Cell Game episodes, and I'm surprised that Mr. Satan somehow wasn't killed

Hercule is still fairly strong for an average human (He's just VERY VERY VERY VERY weak compared to even the less stronger of the Z Fighters). Any rocks that might of hit him and when all those people was blown into him by the power caused during the Gohan and Cell fight hurt him alot but it didn't kill him. And Cell just wanted him out of the way so he could really start the Cell Games.

I suppose he's still lucky he lived. But then again so are the rest of the people that were with him (TV reporter, that girl, and Hercule's apprentices)

That's what so odd about Hercule. Although he's apparently stronger than most normal humans, when compared to the Z Fighters and their enemies, he's a major weakling, but he somehow manages to survive their onslaughts.

Amusingly though, Hercule is literally the weakest fighter in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, as his basic attacks can't make anyone flinch, unless he manages to finish his combo, which usually doesn't happen. Hercule pretty much has to rely on his Blast 2 and Ultimate Blast moves, but the giants shut him down for good, thanks to their immunity to all the rushing Blast 2 moves, and only certain rushing Ultimate Blast moves will affect them (Ex.: Tapion's Brave Sword Attack).

The fact that he didn't get killed is amazing in itself

Back