Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I like outside drifting in Mario Kart Wii and 8. But there is a certain point where outside drifting is terrible, such as using the Sprinter and Yoshi.

I really hate inside drifting, I am terrible with it and it's just not a thing I like on some turns.

Also I hate the Flame Runner, it has poor acceleration and it's used way too much for its speed and drifting.

Acceleration and handling are the best stats. While speed does give you a nice top speed, acceleration gives you much more of a boost, making you go faster. And handling won't let you fall off.

The reason I use my MK8 combination is because it has a nice balance of acceleration, handling, and a nice touch of speed. But, I have to avoid all the off-road, which is fairly simple.

And I never liked the Flame Runner, it's useless to me.

:bowser: Bowser has facial recognition features in his brain that we don't have.

Kind of how crows can tell you apart from every other human, but crows can tell each other apart as well.

Humans with certain damaged aspects of their brain may not be able to recognize people by their faces. :bowser:

Then it must be difficult for the Magikoopas or any of his minions if they accidentally make Bowser angry.

Actually in some german translations (if not all) of mario games, all magikoopas are called Kamek.

You know the differently colored magikoopas in TTYD? yeah, here they are yellow, green and white kameks.

MidnaFreak said:
Actually in some german translations (if not all) of mario games, all magikoopas are called Kamek.

You know the differently colored magikoopas in TTYD? yeah, here they are yellow, green and white kameks.
The multi-coloured Magikoopa's appeared first in Paper Mario, not TTYD. Magikoopa from Mario Party 9(?) was called Kamek as well in PAL regions.

Ninelevendo said:
The multi-coloured Magikoopa's appeared first in Paper Mario, not TTYD.

I'm 200 percent sure that they also were in ttyd.

EDIT: Yep they're one of the fights in Glitzville.

Did it matter when they first appeared, because he never said anything about first appeared. He said they were in TTYD. You just pulled out a random knowledge drop for some reason.

If I was trying to look like I was smart in Mario knowledge I would be on the Metroid forums.

It was just a confusing reference that I felt like correcting. It just didn't sit right to me.

Ninelevendo said:
If I was trying to look like I was smart in Mario knowledge I would be on the Metroid forums.
That makes no sense. People on a Metroid forum don't give a shit if you know your Mario knowledge. Hell, people on a Mario forum don't give a shit if you know your Mario knowledge.

They would sorta if it we were talking bout smash.

In all honestly, I think it's because I'm jealous of people who do have TTYD and want them to reference a game I have instead.

Is there anyone in the forum that doesn't play online just because there are no friggin' options to play against bots? It's a valid complaint, but I don't see its being voiced at all.

Maᴙio said:
Is there anyone in the forum that doesn't play online just because there are no friggin' options to play against bots? It's a valid complaint, but I don't see its being voiced at all.

Yeah man, I don't know why I don't see complaints of this.

I'm pretty sure it's a valid complaint: other multiplayer online games let you play with bots. Mario Kart NEVER has that option. I DON'T want to race against random human strangers when playing with a friend online, and I don't want races where it's just my friend and I, that's boring.

Nysic said:
Solution:

Tournaments with bots

Why not just regular online matches with bots? It would be fun playing with a friend, not AGAINST a friend or a random stranger online.

Fair enough. I just don't have friends I would have to use online to play with, so I just do regular multiplayer.

yoshiking14x said:
The Koopalings in Mario Kart 8 is a good addition, I don't see why people complain besides filling the roster.

Because they come at the expense of their favorite characters

Koopalings I'm fine with.

It's Baby Rosalina that's the problem. I at least enjoy using Pink Gold Peach because I like beating people with a joke character online.

GalacticPetey said:
Koopalings I'm fine with.

It's Baby Rosalina that's the problem. I at least enjoy using Pink Gold Peach because I like beating people with a joke character online.
Unlike Pink Gold Peach, I can't think of a good reason Baby Rosalina should be there.

yoshiking14x said:
Maybe to finish the baby collection? I never witnessed someone wanting her due to popularity.

But where's Baby Waluigi, Baby Wario, Baby DK, Baby Bowser, and Baby Yoshi? You know, the ones that actually exist prior

Baby Luigi said:
yoshiking14x said:
Maybe to finish the baby collection? I never witnessed someone wanting her due to popularity.

But where's Baby Waluigi, Baby Wario, Baby DK, Baby Bowser, and Baby Yoshi? You know, the ones that actually exist prior
don't think so. He doesn't exist.

yeah that was a brainfart of mine

sorry

Back