Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Grumble Volcano blew my mind back when I played it in Wii, and it's still just as awesome IMO.

Have you seen the Mario Kart GLA Commercials?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJm7aLLrMo (Princess Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AkgJZGspCM (Mario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53KpSKm4eHM (Luigi)

They're awesome!

^ Heh. Funny.

So I was just playing online.
Three courses available for choice where Mute City, SNES Donut Plains 3 and something I forgot.
8× Mute City
2× Random
1× SNES Donut Plains 3 (le me)
Guess what one was chosen. (Hint: mine.) I had a good laugh.

Next race only had regular courses.
9× Random

Wii had amazing tracks, I liked pretty much all of them (except Moo Moo Meadows why the hell did they choose it as a retro track)

7 basically ate up wii's best tracks...i don't want any of them to return in mario kart 8 considering my bored feelings towards snes rainbow road

How can you love Grumble Volcano when the music drowns out all the sound effects?

Yasuke Matsuda said:
i guess...the 1st place version has a pretty sick beat though

i always like the 1st place versions but not when the music is amplified tenfold

well only effects is the only way to make reels imo

Lakituthequick said:
Mario Kart TV Highlight > Only effects > Profit

Won't help with actual races but it's something.
It would help if Nintendo games in general had a volume adjusting bar. You, know, those that can adjust SFX, music, and voices. Like in Strikers, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart 64 (sort of), Smash Bros. Melee and after, and Fortune Street.

It's not like it's impossible, you know, Nintendo?

Dr. Mario said:
How can you love Grumble Volcano when the music drowns out all the sound effects?
I've never had this problem, grumble volcano's music is exactly the same volume as the other tracks

Kavitha Thakur said:
Dr. Mario said:
I've never had this problem, grumble volcano's music is exactly the same volume as the other tracks
The instruments the music uses is way more obnoxious. I'm slightly exaggerating, but when I'm playing in headphones, the time I completed the race, there is a sense of relief.

Well, damn, I hate Grumble Volcano, Dolphin Shoals, and I dislike Bone-Dry Dunes and Dry Dry Desert. Wish Yoshi Valley was a lot lower though.

For some reason, Shy Guy Falls, Piranha Plant Slide, Music Park, Cloudtop Cruise, and Rainbow Road Wii U are pretty dang low, considering my tastes.

I like all tracks in the A and B tier, aside from stinking Yoshi Valley, so yeah...

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Grumble Volcano and Dolphin Shoals in Mario Kart 8, yea there's more I like but those two or ones I really like but are in the F tier, and Piranha Plant Slide was pretty close to F tier.

hey i like dolphin shoals too

Dolphin Shoals problem is that there are places where you can accidentally drift the wrong way, and the last part right after the gliding section has a really tricky turn.

What's everyone's favorite of the new vehicles? I really like the B Dasher, but all of them are cool, especially the Master Cycle. That thing looks badass.

Tanooki Kart

jeeps are awesome

Dr. Mario said:
GBA Mario Circuit's higher than I though it would be. Dolphin Shoals and the new Rainbow Road are underrated. Finally, I like Yoshi Valley and think that it deserves all of the praise it gets.

Nysic said:
What's everyone's favorite of the new vehicles? I really like the B Dasher, but all of them are cool, especially the Master Cycle. That thing looks badass.
I love how the wheels are so well hidden on the Blue Falcon. It really is a great replica of the original!

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Dolphin Shoals problem is that there are places where you can accidentally drift the wrong way, and the last part right after the gliding section has a really tricky turn.
I used to have trouble with that turn.

Then I switched to inside drifting bikes.

Back