Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

It only gives me the option to delete it when clicked. And yes I can access the eShop so I'm connected to the internet.

And nothing happens when I start the game apart from the game starting normally, and the DLC is still locked.

I'm feeling more confident about the stages now, I just need to 3-star Mirror Triforce and then I don't have to worry about Grand Prix anymore.

I noticed when I was racing on SNES Rainbow Road that there are some toad houses glowing on the ground which was cute, it made me like the stage more. I also noticed that within the master sword room of Hyrule Circuit is stain glass windows each with a medallion for a sage. That was pretty neat.

I dunno man, maybe deleting the digital copy (hell, buying two fucking versions might've helped with the problem) accidentally deleted the DLC and update data as well.
I suck at this kind of stuff, so this may be incorrect.

So I've noticed these characters when viewing my recent playthrough of Dragon Driftway

zlCfzSpgpWED65HMpd

I wish I can read Chinese so I can tell you what they mean...

edit: it appears to be Lakitu in simplified Chinese...

ok ive played each course at least twice so here's my opinion on them

mute city = dragon driftway >>>>>>>>>> hyrule circuit > excitebike arena > yoshi circuit gcn > wario's gold mine > snes rainbow road > ice ice outpost

the music on mute city and dragon driftway is amazing

Here are my opinions on all the tracks.

Yoshi Circuit: Fun to play on, but kind of sucks that there's no gliding, water, or antigrav at ALL.

Excitebike Arena: The random layout is cool, but it's really boring just going in a big oval 3 times.

Dragon Driftway: Awesome. It's so fun to play on this course. All of the twists and turns allow you to get lots of orange boosts. Guess that's why it's called Dragon Driftway.

Mute City: My god, this track is amazing. Amazing music and track design. There's so much fanservice going on here. Just listen to the sound before at the countdown and the music when you view the results.

Wario's Gold Mine: I'm having a hard time deciding if I like this or Mute City more. I think they're about equal. The way they updated this is awesome. The antigrav section is really fun. I'm not a big fan of the remix, but the music was awesome to begin with so I can deal with it.

SNES Rainbow Road: It's OK. I like it more than the MK7 version, but it's still a bit boring.

Ice Ice Outpost: Ugh. The music is catchy, but this track is SO ANNOYING. The thin track combined with the ice that messes with your traction ruins this course for me. Plus, 2 out of the 3 shortcuts I can never seem to pull off.

Hyrule Circuit: My favorite behind Mute City/Gold Mine. This is everything I could have asked for in a Zelda track. The fact that coins are replaced by rupees is cool, plus the secret in the master sword room with the 3 spin boosters is just amazing. I can never seem to hit the second one though.

Wario's Gold Mine = Mute City > Hyrule Circuit > Dragon Driftway > Yoshi Circuit > SNES Rainbow Road > Excitebike Arena = Ice Ice Outpost

I finally got the DLC to download after restarting my Wii U.

Haven't played each track but once, but allow me to say that I still hate Wario's Gold Mine, they didn't change it enough for me to like it in this one.

Wow. Just realized that none of the DLC tracks have underwater. Only 2 of them even have gliding.

Yoshi Circuit: It's kinda boring. It's so flat and they got rid of the best shortcut ;-;

Excitebike Arena: Random layout? Awesome! Now, if the course would let me get to the "random" part...

Dragon Driftway: Easily one of my favourites. It's just so awesome, the track and the music.

Mute City: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I love this track! It's so F-Zero-y and omgus the healing sounds and yassss

Wario's Gold Mine: THE NOSTALGIA THE NOSTALGIA YASSSSSSSSS

SNES Rainbow Road: The worst one. Most boring, and not to mention it hurts my eyes.

Ice Ice Outpost: Incredibly disappointed with this one. The music and course were both meh. Which is a shame, I was really looking forward to it.

Hyrule Circuit: THE FUCKING MASTER SWORD AND THE FUCKING RUPEES YASSSSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE THIS TO BITS

Hyrule Circuit > Wario's Gold Mine = Mute City > Dragon Driftway > Excitebike Arena = Ice Ice Outpost > Yoshi's Circuit > SNES Rainbow Road

Guess I should post my opinions on all tracks except the ones I like and hate the most

GCN Yoshi Circuit: It's a boring driftfest. If it weren't for the music and the white birds I'd dislike the course somewhat.

Excitebike Arena: It's probably my least favorite. Yes I have bias because I'm a baby and I'm not the fastest racer in the world. But the straights feel like a total drag race and that's totally not fair against baby racers who are not known for their dragster qualities! It's like an elongated Baby Park without the shortness and the chaos.

Dragon Driftway: Anything oriental or Chinese theme fits my tastes pretty freaking well (see Pagoda Peak, Chai Kingdom, that level in Super Mario 3D World), this is absolutely no exception. It's my favorite track in the DLC pack and most definitely on my top 5 favorite tracks list. The music is absolutely fantastic too. Very fun to race on! ♪♪

Mute City: This course is a blast to race on. Boosting through is fun. Though I've never played or am familiar with F-Zero so I'm not TOO excited for this track as many people here seem to rave on. Still like racing on it!

Wii Wario's Gold Mine: It's mostly kinda whatever. Bluegrass music isn't really my type of music anyway.

SNES Rainbow Road: I felt like I JUST raced on it. Why did they bring it back? The experience is identical to the one in Mario Kart 7 (except superior cause Baby Luigi). So yeah it's not that fun to race on.

Ice Ice Outpost: It's an ok course. It's not the best. The music is somewhat decent though.

Hyrule Circuit: My second favorite DLC course. Yeah it's pretty freaking awesome to see Baby Luigi on a Blue Falcon, holding a rupee on his hand, and driving through the Master Sword. What other freaking Nintendo game would let me do that!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yasuke Matsuda said:
Were you just kind of 'really' about them bringing back the Wario and Yoshi tracks of all things

people seem to love using "fallacy by association" when it comes to my opinions for mario kart tracks

i actually enjoy mount wario, ds wario stadium, and yoshi desert because they're actually enjoyable tracks, not because i have a particular dislike of a character that would prevent me from enjoying a track

i'm more annoyed that yoshi circuit is a rather unremarkable course in general to me rather than it's shaped like an abomination

Yoshi Desert is from Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Nysic said:
Wow. Just realized that none of the DLC tracks have underwater. Only 2 of them even have gliding.
I see no problem with this. My favourite tracks tend to not use anti-grav much.

After playing this a bit more, I can say I really like playing Yoshi's Circuit, Mute City, Wario's Gold Mine and Ice Ice Outpost. The others are okay. I love that part with the plants in Yoshi's circuit, it's almost as satisfying to drive through as the corners in bone-dry dunes.

I've managed to 3-star the two new cups on all the engine classes. However, because I'm still doing some stuff with Smash 3DS and Hyrule Warriors, going back online likely won't be happening any time soon.

On a side note, even with the new parts, I've basically remained unchanged with my typical combo...

23k5h4z.jpg

I still feel bad about the Blue Falcon dilemma though, as I thought that Cat Peach would have the same stats as Peach. Apparently, seeing Cat Peach have less weight and more acceleration than Peach messed up my plans for using Rosalina with the Blue Falcon.

Anyone else noticed that you can tilt up and down in Mute City to affect your airtime?

Yes, they even altered the game mechanics.

I want to try that.

Also this is the third time since I got the DLC that a blue and/or red has kept me from winning by a hair.

Back