Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

OK REAL TALK THIS SIGN THOUGH.
zlCfzSpblKAvamSHc8

Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach actually have different stats from their original counterpart: -0.25 to weight but +0.25 to acceleration. It makes them better, that's a smart move from Nintendo.
But it worries me they may do the same treatment for Dry Bowser, it that's the case then it's possible to have a combination with max speed and 2 accelration with Dry Bowser, aka the most overpowered character in the game that everyone will use.

Just tried out the new courses:

GCN Yoshi Circuit: They remade the course very nicely but it's course itself really wasn't interesting in the first place so why do we need to see it a third time.
Excitebike Area: This course is actually very unique in it's style and it's pretty hectic to race on
Dragon Driftway: It's good to see an asian themed course finally make into a Mario Kart. Shame the course itself is meh
Mute City: I fucking love this course. It's the best use of anti-gravity in the entire game and it generally feels like something from F-Zero.
Wii Wario's Gold Mine: This isn't as challenging as the original because of the mine carts are now helpfull but the way the course looks makes up for it.
SNES Rainbow Road: This was a much better remake than the 3DS version, which I didn't like much at all.
Ice Ice Outpost: The branching paths makes this course interesting. It's enjoyable but not a highlight.
Hyrule Circuit: This course feels like fanservice but in a great way though. They were quite a number of Zelda references throughout and they all fit nicely.

so far I've only played GCN Yoshi Circuit, it's something new but not really that exciting
my one lap foray into excitebike track is just like whooooa, it's already clearly a standout

I'm using the hylian bike set, pretty good so far

Cirdec said:
Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach actually have different stats from their original counterpart: -0.25 to weight but +0.25 to acceleration. It makes them better, that's a smart move from Nintendo.
But it worries me they may do the same treatment for Dry Bowser, it that's the case then it's possible to have a combination with max speed and 2 accelration with Dry Bowser, aka the most overpowered character in the game that everyone will use.

I felt pretty upset when I found out that Cat Peach had less weight and more acceleration, because that meant that the Blue Falcon can't ever have B-tier acceleration for any of the heavy characters.

Of course, Cat Peach can have the fastest A-tier acceleration combo in the game, so I guess there are some pros with those stat differences.

Ok, downloaded the DLC. Here are my impressions:

Characters:

• Tanooki Mario: stupid addition, but at least they gave him some nice wheelie animations, like the one where he transforms into Statue Mario for a brief second. Still, I'd rather not have him.
  • Cat Peach: dumbest addition ever. There's nothing nice about her. She sucks.
  • Link: I'm still in doubt about his inclusion. I don't think he fits in the game. He has some cool wheelie animations and they portrayed him true to his origins.

Overall: I think the character department of this pack is really lacking. I'll give it 2/10.

Tracks:

• GCN Yoshi Circuit: this track was nice the first two times. Now it's just redundant. It doesn't offer anything new or anything we hadn't seen before. It does look gorgeous like the rest of the game, though. They kind of ruined the music with this one, as this version is not as catchy as the original.
  • Excitebike Arena: it's nice that its layout changes every time you play it, but my opinion is that every single layout is equally boring. Having to perform so many wheelies in a short amount of time gets tiring after a while, especially when you have a character with an annoying voice like freaking Daisy or Waluigi.
  • Dragon Driftway: one of the coolest concepts in the entire franchise, but the track itself is kind of underwhelming. It's too easy, but it's a nice track. It's not boring, at least. Too bad the music is forgettable.
  • Mute City: hands down the best track not only from the pack, but from the entire game. Maybe I'm being biased because of my love of the F-Zero series, but that music, the high-speed racing, and the Captain Falcon cameo make this track a wonderful one. I felt like shedding some tears while playing it because I think that F-Zero is now officially dead.
  • Wii Wario's Gold Mine: I hated this track in Mario Kart Wii with a deep, burning passion, and it's nice that now they made it bearable, at least. The music is better now and the fact that the mine carts are now helpful is a plus. They did a good job with this one.
  • SNES Rainbow Road: I was so mad when I saw that this track was returning for the fourth fucking time. When I played it, I thought it's still as boring as ever, BUT, boy does it look beautiful. I liked the music too. I would have chosen a different track to make a return, though.
  • Ice Ice Outpost: this track is not bad, and it's not good. It's just so... meh. There's nothing special about it. The music is forgettable, and its concept is not original. Very forgettable.
  • Hyrule Circuit: this track screams "fanservice" like you wouldn't believe, and I fucking love that. It pays homage to the amazing The Legend Of Zelda series and is beautifully designed. While not challenging in the least, replacing the coins with rupees and the Piranha Plants with the enemy plants from the Zelda games (I forgot their name) was a very cool touch. And that music, man. The music is amazing.

Overall: none of the tracks are something you would call a challenge, and they all have one thing in common: they're beautiful. They were the one reason I bought the DLC and they made me glad I did. I give this department 8/10.

I won't talk about the cars department because I really can't care less about that one, so I have nothing to say about it.

Hmm I really think somethings missing from this version of the SNES RR theme :/

idk its just not the same

Well fuck

My Wii U plus the flash drive I have in it doesn't have enough storage space for the DLC.

Any advice on this situation?

I mean how the fuck did it fill up when I only bought like two digital games on it

like seriously

Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD (free from MK8 purchase), Art Academy Sketchpad, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga... OK that's more than two but still not that much. I have Mario Kart 8 physically as well, but will I lose my save data if I delete the digital version?

I don't really like the Gold Mine remix. It seems too... relaxing for a track as hectic as that.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD (free from MK8 purchase), Art Academy Sketchpad, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga... OK that's more than two but still not that much. I have Mario Kart 8 physically as well, but will I lose my save data if I delete the digital version?
I don't think you'll lose data, not entirely sure, though having both disk and digital is a waste of money.

Nysic said:
I don't really like the Gold Mine remix. It seems too... relaxing for a track as hectic as that.
My thoughts.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I have Mario Kart 8 physically as well, but will I lose my save data if I delete the digital version?
You're telling me that you have 2 copies of MK8?

Got used to the tracks. Ice Ice Outpost is a tricky course when in time trials.

In online:
-too many Links and Tanookis.
-players mostly choose the DLC courses.
-some of 'em use the Blue Falcon.

I played the DLC courses and here's my favourites order-

Mute City
Hyrule Circuit
Dragon Driftway
Excitebike Arena
Ice Ice Outpost
Wii Wario's Gold Mine
GCN Yoshi Circuit
SNES Rainbow Road

Lakituthequick said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I don't think you'll lose data, not entirely sure, though having both disk and digital is a waste of money.
I snapped at midnight of release, though I had already preordered.

I deleted the digital version, freeing up enough space for the DLC (my save data was fine) but I can't seem to figure out how to download the DLC. I bought both packs at announcement and it still tells me in-game to wait for release. On the E-Shop there is no download button.

I like Mute City too but I'm baffled to how there's absolutely zero coins in the course yet you can get coins from item boxes...

seriously, if you're coin grinding, do NOT pick this course

After a playthrough of the courses again, Dragon Driftway is still strictly my favorite. Hyrule Circuit would be my second favorite. I dunno, it's so freaking....fan dreamy....to see Baby Luigi race in a Blue Falcon against Link here.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Lakituthequick said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

I deleted the digital version, freeing up enough space for the DLC (my save data was fine) but I can't seem to figure out how to download the DLC. I bought both packs at announcement and it still tells me in-game to wait for release. On the E-Shop there is no download button.

You have to update the game first; after that the game will give you a prompt to download the DLC.

And THEN after you download it, you have to wait for it to install -___-

Toa 95 said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Lakituthequick said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

You have to update the game first; after that the game will give you a prompt to download the DLC.
So how do I update the game? There's no prompt saying it needs an update, and in data management it shows both update data and DLC data for MK8.

Try clicking on the update data for Mario Kart 8 in download management? It should automatically download for you though...

Are you connected to the internet?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Toa 95 said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Lakituthequick said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

So how do I update the game? There's no prompt saying it needs an update, and in data management it shows both update data and DLC data for MK8.
It's automatic when you start the game.

Back