General Science Discussion Thread!

Morty said:
Growing organs is already a thing. One method is with stem cells which is also controversial because reasons. Google it.
What does organ growing have to do with stem cells? Adult stem cells are controversial to no one because it does not involve embryonics.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:
Growing organs is already a thing. One method is with stem cells which is also controversial because reasons. Google it.
What does organ growing have to do with stem cells?

Google it.

Morty said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:

Google it.
When did 'Google' become a verb?

Chuck Ballymoo said:
I can see the argument against human cloning but what about cloning a heart or a liver? Wouldn't that be a good thing?
I think they would be a good thing so that the people who need those transplants don't need to wait so long for them to become available.

Morty said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:
Google it.
ooh ooh anton there's this website you should see

basically, whenever someone has a question that could easily be googled, you just link them to something like this, which demonstrates for them how to google something. just go to this page and type in what they should search, and then it'll give you a url that you can use to give them a link

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:

Google it.
When did 'Google' become a verb?
Welcome to 10 years ago

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Morty said:
What does organ growing have to do with stem cells? Adult stem cells are controversial to no one because it does not involve embryonics.
Stem cells can be used to copy the cells of existing organs, effectively growing exact replicas of them.

You mean the growing meat? I'd like to try it out some day.

I'd try it once the costs go down. :P

I like animals and I love meat too so it looks really promising.

I'd like to try cricket burgers, too.

Uh, insects are something I definitely don't wanna try. I get a bit squeamish at the site of it.

Oh, c'mon, they're like miniature crabs and lobsters and shrimp.

Dr. Javelin said:
ooh ooh anton there's this website you should see

basically, whenever someone has a question that could easily be googled, you just link them to something like this, which demonstrates for them how to google something. just go to this page and type in what they should search, and then it'll give you a url that you can use to give them a link

I'm aware of it, yeah. It's a gr8 site for sass if it's 2008.

Dr. Javelin said:

Doesn't matter, this is how I was grown up with. I'm well aware that cultures across the world ate different stuff (like snails, locusts, frogs, etc), doesn't mean I'm enthusiastic to eat it like them

Morty said:
I'm aware of it, yeah. It's a gr8 site for sass if it's 2008.
oh okay

they still use it on nationstates pretty often
Dr. Murder said:
I hate that site. You don't have to be sarcastic about everything.
well, that's why i don't use it, but anton seemed pretty unhappy so i figured he might want to upgrade his expression of unhappiness with a healthy dose of sarcasm

Lowest form of wit indeed.

Did you know that 26% of Americans doesn't know that the Earth revolves around the Sun? true fact.

Dr. Murder said:
Did you know that 26% of Americans doesn't know that the Earth revolves around the Sun? true fact.

Pretty sure I've read that some Americans don't realize the Sun is a star too

Back