Official Paper Mario for Smash 4 Thread

Do you think Paper Mario still has a chance?

• Yes, as a Paper Mario rep

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes, as an 8th Mario rep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leaning towards no, but maybe a slight chance

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, absolutely no way

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Leak is fake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Shy​ Guy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
I actually liked Dr. Mario's inclusion in Melee. I was like "Two Marios? That's interesting. Cool".
Personally, I'd be fine if we got another Mario.

And Dr. Mario may not be too far-fetched. He was intended for Brawl alongside Mewtwo and Roy but was cut due to time. In addition, he will not be an alternate costume. Sakurai says if a costume has even the slightest difference, they would become a separate character. Lucina is an example of this. She was intended to be a costume but sakurai tweaked her ever so slightly that she became her own character.

Because Doc would use pills and the tornado, as well as have a different fsmash, that's different enough for Sakurai to consider him his own thing. Sakurai even stated that Dr. Mario shooting fire would look odd.

Basically, don't be surprised if Doc ends up his own character again. It's either separate character or not playable at all. No alternate costume.
The way I heard it, Dr. Mario we removed for being to similar to Mario.
There's data for him on the Brawl disc. Sakurai was considering him at some point. Unlike Pichu who doesn't have an data at all. Young Link doesn't have any either but Toon Link is essentially Young Link so it doesn't matter.

Baby Man said:
Eh, I'm personally against Sakurai's mantra of even the slightest different constitutes as own character.

But then again I'm a Young Link user and a Toon Link user so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite :P
Young Link and Toon Link have a few more unique moves plus they have different weights and speeds. They're not nearly as clone-ish as doc or Pichu.

I support this. Also, I was right about you being greatdimentio.

Lumastar said:
I support this. Also, I was right about you geing greatdimentio.

For a second there I thought you were 3D Player because of your avatar and it hurt my head a bit.

your a hero to us all you brave soldier :P

On topic, if Paper Mario wasn't playable, I'd like to see Dr. Mario again.

Lumastar said:
Azusa Nakano said:
For a second there I thought you were 3D Player because of your avatar and it hurt my head a bit.
I chose Koopa Kid getting electrocuted because I'm currently boycotting 3D Player 2004.

I saw that moments after, it made some sense then.

Lumastar said:
Azusa Nakano said:
I chose Koopa Kid getting electrocuted because I'm currently boycotting 3D Player 2004.
you know if you really wanna "boycott" him it'd probably be a better idea to just to ignore his existence completely instead of dedicating part of your profile to anti-3D player stuff

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Yeah. We have an ignore feature.
Two questions.

1. How do I activate it?
2. How far does it go?

Profile>Forum Profile>Buddies/Ignore List

Updated the list. Also worth noting is that a scan showed another section of the Paper Mario stage, Bowser's Castle from PM64 Sticker Star (ugh). Take that as you will.

Bowser's castle. An iconic location of the franchise, a place where many battles were resolved, a landmark to Mario's history.

And its first appearance is one of the many location switches in a PM stage.

This amuses me immensely.

Mcmadness said:
Bowser's castle. An iconic location of the franchise, a place where many battles were resolved, a landmark to Mario's history.

What I find dumb is that it's the one from Sticker Star and not the one from the original (which was far more memorable)

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

What I find dumb is that it's the one from Sticker Star and not the one from the original (which was far more memorable)
This. I find it to be blasphemy that Bowser's Sky Castle was chosen. Hither Thither Hill was a great choice and represents Sticker Star all on its own. There is no point in having Bowser's Sky Castle appear at all.

i'm just glad that we're actually getting a version of Bowser's Castle

Paper Mario said:
The Official Paper Mario for Smash 4 Thread

DQN0ULd.gif

Paper Mario, a series that has finally gotten a chance to shine in Smash Bros. after years of neglect and being insulted by one of its own installments, is being acknowledged with a stage in the newest Smash Bros. I believe it also deserves a rep, whether to represent the Paper Mario series alone or a sixth rep for Mario.

This is the topic to discuss Paper Mario's inclusion in SSB4. Paper Mario supporters, here's your chance to voice your thoughts on the matter. Paper Mario 4 Sm4sh!

Current Supporters:
greatdimentio (Fawfulthegreat64)
SilverBassCross
Burnmad
slumpcat
PaleTunaPls
NeutronStar256
DrSnipester343
PhotonCrusader
wiiking96
just14
DK9292
Powers46
Assassin2713
MarioFan20
OlafPietro
AuraWielder
Nysic
Glitchy
Yoshi K
Icemario
Freakworld
Magikrazy
Glacely
Evilcrachitt
Yakob0919
ThunderSeal
smashman92
TEC-XX
GigaMan91
LemmTK
Zero_Destroyer
Lumastar
Port_of_Adia
Tewlsy
undisputed2386
SamuraiCelebi
pielover19
Sigma0Pirate
Mewtwo_soul
Enigmaire
TheTitan99
AnselaFan
QueenLUCiNA
Shinedog22
PKMNgamer27
Shadow_Roxas_
thesmark
Lolo_Guru
Simcambi
PokeSchluck
Patwhit01
forest_wanderer
energyman2289
LavieThunda

If you support, quote this list and add your name.
PS. This isn't gonna be like my old Fawful topics where I disallowed anyone to not support. If you don't support it, that's fine too. I would appreciate it if you'd tell me why though.
Hi Paper Mario supporter here

Sakurai FFS.

I want something else from the first three games than that ship, because there's so many good stuff you could use.

supermariofan said:
Paper Mario said:
The Official Paper Mario for Smash 4 Thread

DQN0ULd.gif

Paper Mario, a series that has finally gotten a chance to shine in Smash Bros. after years of neglect and being insulted by one of its own installments, is being acknowledged with a stage in the newest Smash Bros. I believe it also deserves a rep, whether to represent the Paper Mario series alone or a sixth rep for Mario.

This is the topic to discuss Paper Mario's inclusion in SSB4. Paper Mario supporters, here's your chance to voice your thoughts on the matter. Paper Mario 4 Sm4sh!

Current Supporters:
greatdimentio (Fawfulthegreat64)
SilverBassCross
Burnmad
slumpcat
PaleTunaPls
NeutronStar256
DrSnipester343
PhotonCrusader
wiiking96
just14
DK9292
Powers46
Assassin2713
MarioFan20
OlafPietro
AuraWielder
Nysic
Glitchy
Yoshi K
Icemario
Freakworld
Magikrazy
Glacely
Evilcrachitt
Yakob0919
ThunderSeal
smashman92
TEC-XX
GigaMan91
LemmTK
Zero_Destroyer
Lumastar
Port_of_Adia
Tewlsy
undisputed2386
SamuraiCelebi
pielover19
Sigma0Pirate
Mewtwo_soul
Enigmaire
TheTitan99
AnselaFan
QueenLUCiNA
Shinedog22
PKMNgamer27
Shadow_Roxas_
thesmark
Lolo_Guru
Simcambi
PokeSchluck
Patwhit01
forest_wanderer
energyman2289
LavieThunda
Luigidaisy1

If you support, quote this list and add your name.
PS. This isn't gonna be like my old Fawful topics where I disallowed anyone to not support. If you don't support it, that's fine too. I would appreciate it if you'd tell me why though.
Hi Paper Mario supporter here
I think it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Daisy>>Dixie Kong>Waluigi>Bowser Jr>King K Rool>>Toad>Kiddy Kong>>>>Koopa Kid>>>Paper Mario (in how deserving they are)

Bowser jr>everything else.

A non mario newcomer>everything Mario

Kart Player 2008 said:
Daisy>>Dixie Kong>Waluigi>Bowser Jr>King K Rool>>Toad>Kiddy Kong>>>>Koopa Kid>>>Paper Mario (in how deserving they are)
For the last time, how is Koopa Kid more important then Paper Mario?!

Kart Player 2008 said:

SERIOUSLY DUDE THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT PEOPLE WHO WANT PAPER MARIO IN SMASH, EVERYBODY FUCKING KNOWS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT HIM IN SMASH,

KEEP THE FUCK OUT OF THIS FUCKING THREAD AND STOP BOTHERING US PLEASE.

Back