Mario Kart 8 DLC

Nabber said:
without a doubt it's a terrific business strategy. but i don't get why everyone's worshiping the ground nintendo walks on for adding dlc

because they're adding more to a game at an honest price

12 dollars isn't THAT much...you get 16 full blown out triple A tracks, new characters, etc. You do realize it does take time and effort to make these DLC, so they have to have a price for it, in order to pay for it. Ideally, DLC SHOULD be free, but business says otherwise. It's cheaper to make than yet another full blown game, but it still costs a budget to make, that's why they charge some extra for it. It's completely optional too: if you don't buy it, you still get a complete game.

Really I think a reason people laud this is because it's a break from all the ----ty DLC practices other companies have been regurgitating out.

Nabber said:
Magolor said:
Nabber said:
MidnaFreak said:
Best DLC ever, everything done right 10/10 this is how you sell a console Nintendo.
pfft you shouldn't sell a console with dlc

i'm going to buy this, but that doesn't change the fact that paid dlc is stupid. i'm already paying sixty dollars for this game (which is outrageous), i don't see why it's a selling point that after you get the game you can pay an extra fifth of the price to a little bit more content
never go into business
without a doubt it's a terrific business strategy. but i don't get why everyone's worshiping the ground nintendo walks on for adding dlc
Because the DLC is added like a bonus to extend a fleshed out game?

What, you rather not have it because you think it's supporting shitty business practices?

Mcmadness said:
And then we have SPM which came out during the wii's early days.
Nintendo overshadowed it with Mario Galaxy. Also it got more of a mixed reception from the fans because it played with the formula more. There's also the fact that Nintendo was advertising the hell out of all the new motion control games because that was the wii's gimmick, and SPM didn't have as much motion controls in it.

Maᴙio said:
Lakituthequick said:
I can care less about the roster personally. Though I don't think it is a good idea to have one LoZ character and two AC ones. Tanooki and Cat suits should probably be choosable like Mii's, Yoshis and Shy Guys.

They should be, but... what's the real difference other than taking up some space in the roster screen?
I don't know what exactly you are saying, but what I mean is being able to choose them from a dropdown like the color-characters and Mii's. Which doesn't take up more space on the screen, but less, and would leave open spots for other characters.

If there is not enough space for slots, they can just add another screen, like they did for Mario Golf: World Tour DLC.

The same reason they don't have Pink Gold Peach in a peach sub-menu.

I don't know what that reason is but it's that. Also because the screen is a neat 6x6 now.

Cat Peach being heavier would make Tanooki Mario is as heavy as Rosalina. I don't think that it would work. I understand Dry Bowser though, he's likely to be one tier down.

Come to think of it, does this make there a total of 5 Mario's in the Mario Kart series in total? That's as much as Mario Golf.

1: Mario
2: Baby Mario
3: Metal Mario
4: Tanooki Mario

I'm drawing a blank on who the fifth Mario is.

GalacticPetey said:
Yoshi K said:
1: Mario
2: Baby Mario
3: Metal Mario
4: Tanooki Mario

I'm drawing a blank on who the fifth Mario is.
There's not a fifth one. You know who would be a cool fifth Mario?

Guru Laghima

Dr._Mario_SSBM.jpg
Hell yes.

Maybe Paper Mario as a sixth. Since Nintendo seems intent on milking different versions of Mario.

The fifth is Gold Mario, guys. In Mario Golf: World Tour (would recommend btw), you can get him as DLC for purchasing all three DLC packs.

Azusa Nakano said:
The fifth is Gold Mario, guys. In Mario Golf: World Tour (would recommend btw), you can get him as DLC for purchasing all three DLC packs.
We're talking about Mario Kart only.

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

12 dollars isn't THAT much...you get 16 full blown out triple A tracks, new characters, etc. You do realize it does take time and effort to make these DLC, so they have to have a price for it, in order to pay for it. Ideally, DLC SHOULD be free, but business says otherwise. It's cheaper to make than yet another full blown game, but it still costs a budget to make, that's why they charge some extra for it. It's completely optional too: if you don't buy it, you still get a complete game.

Really I think a reason people laud this is because it's a break from all the ----ty DLC practices other companies have been regurgitating out.
the problem is that considering i'm already paying $60 for a game - and I know a lot of other countries pay a LOT more than that - i should be getting a complete game with all of the features already included in it. when you add paid dlc, you're essentially preventing people from getting the full experience of a game unless they pay extra money for it. and while i appreciate the hard work that people put into it, that's part of the process of making a game, and i've already paid for that hard work.

Yoshi K said:
Azusa Nakano said:

Ah, Ninelevendo mentioning Mario Golf threw me off when I read that.

Also the fifth is Fire Mario from Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.

Azusa Nakano said:
Yoshi K said:
Azusa Nakano said:

That explains why I didn't know it.

Azusa Nakano said:
Yoshi K said:
Azusa Nakano said:

Isn't Fire Mario a palette swap?

Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

the problem is that considering i'm already paying $60 for a game - and I know a lot of other countries pay a LOT more than that - i should be getting a complete game with all of the features already included in it. when you add paid dlc, you're essentially preventing people from getting the full experience of a game unless they pay extra money for it. and while i appreciate the hard work that people put into it, that's part of the process of making a game, and i've already paid for that hard work.
You're getting sixteen new tracks, six characters, and several kart bodies. That's like the equivalent of Mario Kart 64.

GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

You're getting sixteen new tracks, six characters, and several kart bodies. That's like the equivalent of Mario Kart 64.
How are those two together?

Back