Mario Kart 8 DLC

Mcmadness said:
I don't have to, its not hard to find people gushing about how legendary many of the Mario platformers have been and how they are considered to be some of the best the genre has to offer.
If Nintendo bothered to give the RPGs the same level of advertising I'd say they would get just as much love.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I so wish the colored Shy Guys and Yoshis appeared as CPUS. It would decrease the quantity of the characters I don't like in race such as the Koopalings and Metal Characters. They could have actually helped fight back against the overabundance of Koopalings and the other annoying characters, but no, Nintendo has to make it so that they don't appear as CPUs making the Koopalings and Metal Characters just as abundant as before. I was legitimately hoping for the average number of Koopalings and Metals to drop from 3 to 2 but they had to not let it happen.
But then we'd have 5 Shy Guys and 5 Yoshi's in a race. That's boring.

Mcmadness said:
I don't have to, its not hard to find people gushing about how legendary many of the Mario platformers have been and how they are considered to be some of the best the genre has to offer.
So, if someone points out that a lot of people gush about how good the Mario RPGs are, it's not proof. But when you do the same thing for the Mario platformers, it's somehow inarguable evidence? Give me a break....

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:
So, if someone points out that a lot of people gush about how good the Mario RPGs are, it's not proof. But when you do the same thing for the Mario platformers, it's somehow inarguable evidence? Give me a break....

quantity my friend, quantity.

Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

Um, I'm sorry, but what is that supposed to mean?

And also, quality over quantity.

Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

Again, advertising. If RPGs received the same amount of advertisements as the platformers they would be just as loved by the same number of people.

Nabber said:
i'm going to buy this, but that doesn't change the fact that paid dlc is stupid. i'm already paying sixty dollars for this game (which is outrageous), i don't see why it's a selling point that after you get the game you can pay an extra fifth of the price to a little bit more content
'a little more content'

more like half a bloody new game, 16 courses, 8 karts and 6 new characters for the price they're offering is a steal in comparison to DLC for other games. Nintendo knows how to do DLC right, even the Mario Golf: World Tour DLC doubles the courses in the game for a quarter of the price.

ftg if you hate the dlc don't buy it you don't have to start a crusade just because your precious Fawful isn't in every game

Also, you're acting like this is the first time Nintendo put playable guest characters from other series in a game.

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

Again, advertising. If RPGs received the same amount of advertisements as the platformers they would be just as loved by the same number of people.

No, the general public just doesn't like rpgs as much. I remember they advertised the fuck out of the original PM and it didn't reach anywhere near the numbers SM64 did.

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

No, the general public just doesn't like rpgs as much. I remember they advertised the fuck out of the original PM and it didn't reach anywhere near the numbers SM64 did.
Really? I don't remember that...

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

Although I think being released late into the 64's lifespan also played a part

This isn't that much fun if we're just arguing over RPGs and which is better. We all have our own opinions, and we should just leave each other alone now.

That being said, who was able to get the DLC today? I don't have access to the Wii U today.

GalacticPetey said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Am I the only one who thinks Non-Mario characters in Mario Kart is an awful idea?
You act like this is the first time it's happened. Is everyone forgetting R.O.B. in MKDS?
R.O.B. isn't technically a video game character, so he doesn't count IMO.

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

As Magikrazy said, that's because SM64 got 5 years to sell, and Paper Mario didn't even get a full year.

Yoshi K said:
Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Mcmadness said:

No, the general public just doesn't like rpgs as much. I remember they advertised the *bleep* out of the original PM and it didn't reach anywhere near the numbers SM64 did.
As Magikrazy said, that's because SM64 got 5 years to sell, and Paper Mario didn't even get a full year.

And then we have SPM which came out during the wii's early days.

Nysic said:
To BLOF and LGM: Yoshi recolors don't appear as CPUs, don't worry.

Thank the BLord

Baby Luigi said:
Nysic said:
To BLOF and LGM: Yoshi recolors don't appear as CPUs, don't worry.

Thank the BLord

Thank god. Look, I don't hate the Yoshi recolors much anymore. I was just really worried that we might spend unfathomable amounts of minutes deciding on team members, that's all. It was a pain in the ass to play those minigames in Super Sluggers.

I take back what I said about the Yoshi recolors.

Lakituthequick said:
I can care less about the roster personally. Though I don't think it is a good idea to have one LoZ character and two AC ones. Tanooki and Cat suits should probably be choosable like Mii's, Yoshis and Shy Guys.

They should be, but... what's the real difference other than taking up some space in the roster screen?

Magolor said:
Nabber said:
MidnaFreak said:
Best DLC ever, everything done right 10/10 this is how you sell a console Nintendo.
pfft you shouldn't sell a console with dlc

i'm going to buy this, but that doesn't change the fact that paid dlc is stupid. i'm already paying sixty dollars for this game (which is outrageous), i don't see why it's a selling point that after you get the game you can pay an extra fifth of the price to a little bit more content
never go into business
without a doubt it's a terrific business strategy. but i don't get why everyone's worshiping the ground nintendo walks on for adding dlc

Back