Mario Kart 8 DLC

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:
without a doubt it's a terrific business strategy. but i don't get why everyone's worshiping the ground nintendo walks on for adding dlc

because they're adding more to a game at an honest price

12 dollars isn't THAT much...you get 16 full blown out triple A tracks, new characters, etc. You do realize it does take time and effort to make these DLC, so they have to have a price for it, in order to pay for it. Ideally, DLC SHOULD be free, but business says otherwise. It's cheaper to make than yet another full blown game, but it still costs a budget to make, that's why they charge some extra for it. It's completely optional too: if you don't buy it, you still get a complete game.

Really I think a reason people laud this is because it's a break from all the ----ty DLC practices other companies have been regurgitating out.
the problem is that considering i'm already paying $60 for a game - and I know a lot of other countries pay a LOT more than that - i should be getting a complete game with all of the features already included in it. when you add paid dlc, you're essentially preventing people from getting the full experience of a game unless they pay extra money for it. and while i appreciate the hard work that people put into it, that's part of the process of making a game, and i've already paid for that hard work.
You're getting sixteen new tracks, six characters, and several kart bodies. That's like the equivalent of Mario Kart 64.
How are those two together?
Okay, then it's even more than Mario Kart 64, which had 16 tracks and eight characters. Your essentially paying 12 dollars for an extra Mario Kart game.

Plus it looks gorgeous. Especially if compared to MK64.

Paper Mario said:
Enough with the Marios already, why not another Luigi? No I don't mean a powerup I mean Mr. L.
Naturally 100% Agree

Yes, Fire Mario is a palette swap, so I don't get why Tanooki Mario shouldn't be. Especially if he's not any different stat wise. 12 bucks for another 16 courses and even more racers is a great deal, I don't see why some people are complaining. It's not like it costs as much as NSLU.

GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:
without a doubt it's a terrific business strategy. but i don't get why everyone's worshiping the ground nintendo walks on for adding dlc

12 dollars isn't THAT much...you get 16 full blown out triple A tracks, new characters, etc. You do realize it does take time and effort to make these DLC, so they have to have a price for it, in order to pay for it. Ideally, DLC SHOULD be free, but business says otherwise. It's cheaper to make than yet another full blown game, but it still costs a budget to make, that's why they charge some extra for it. It's completely optional too: if you don't buy it, you still get a complete game.

Really I think a reason people laud this is because it's a break from all the ----ty DLC practices other companies have been regurgitating out.
the problem is that considering i'm already paying $60 for a game - and I know a lot of other countries pay a LOT more than that - i should be getting a complete game with all of the features already included in it. when you add paid dlc, you're essentially preventing people from getting the full experience of a game unless they pay extra money for it. and while i appreciate the hard work that people put into it, that's part of the process of making a game, and i've already paid for that hard work.
You're getting sixteen new tracks, six characters, and several kart bodies. That's like the equivalent of Mario Kart 64.
mk64, incidentally, cost $40 at launch

mario kart ds doubled the amount of tracks it had (and added a brand new mission mode), and they didn't ask for a raise in price for that. it launched with the game

Nabber said:
GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

mk64, incidentally, cost $40 at launch

mario kart ds doubled the amount of tracks it had (and added a brand new mission mode), and they didn't ask for a raise in price for that. it launched with the game
Mario Kart DS launched with Mario Kart 64?

... That's new.

Nabber said:
i didn't say that
sarcasm

I totally get what you're really trying to say, but, I think the DLC is much better because we're getting more tracks, vehicles, and characters than any other game. I'd say $12 compared to $24 separately is an extremely good deal.

Stargazing said:
Nabber said:
i didn't say that
sarcasm

I totally get what you're really trying to say, but, I think the DLC is much better because we're getting more tracks, vehicles, and characters than any other game. I'd say $12 compared to $24 separately is an extremely good deal.
This is like the cheapest deal in terms of DLC, like NSMB2.

There should be more character packs (3 DLC characters each) in February 2015 (between release of pack 1 and 2) and August 2015.

PeDaRoYs said:
There should be more character packs (3 DLC characters each) in February 2015 (between release of pack 1 and 2) and August 2015.

Are you saying Nintendo should lie to us and say that people didn't download Pack 2 but instead bought Pack 5 or 7? But it does seem weird Nintendo has that large gap between the 2 packs.

Also does the map show on the TV screen now or no?

YoshiGo99 said:

Push - during a race to display it.

YoshiGo99 said:
PeDaRoYs said:

Are you saying Nintendo should lie to us and say that people didn't download Pack 2 but instead bought Pack 5 or 7? But it does seem weird Nintendo has that large gap between the 2 packs.

Character Pack (only DLC characters), not Pack

PeDaRoYs said:
YoshiGo99 said:
PeDaRoYs said:

Isn't a DLC pack a DLC pack? It's all the same just with a variety of content.

YoshiGo99 said:
PeDaRoYs said:
Isn't a DLC pack a DLC pack? It's all the same just with a variety of content.
I was mentioning Character Pack as a Character DLC pack but only contains 3 DLC characters.

For example, a Character Pack will be released in February 2015, between Pack 1 (Nov 2014) and Pack 2(May 2015)
EDIT: or i'll just called it a free dlc offer between those packs (like the Gold Classics Pack from NSMB2 coin rush) if pack 1 is going to be successful

I bought the DLC! The coloured Yoshi's and Shy Guy's are so cute, than goodness they don't take up 18 slots.

can't blame them when the mercedes are the best cars in the game

and they are the best cars for a good reason

i just find it disappointing that there is no mercedes car that has the circuit special's stats

then i could ride a mercedes with the same stats as my main

IcicleRain said:
my dad decided to try out the Mercedes today

the next 30 mins was a great crescendo of swearing

lol what place did he get

Nysic said:
IcicleRain said:
my dad decided to try out the Mercedes today

the next 30 mins was a great crescendo of swearing

lol what place did he get

well in round one he got like 9th but then I got 4th so I can't really judge
he got a bit better and by the end he was back up in 3rd which is his usual

My Wii U is at my grandparents, but I remember playing Kart Wii with my Dad. It was his first time playing and he kicked my ass

Nysic said:
i just find it disappointing that there is no mercedes car that has the circuit special's stats

They should have made that gull-winged Mercedes sports car in the game with the Circuit Special's stats

Back