Mario pictures

JiULwHT.jpg

I'M THE BEST!

I'M THE SUPERSTAR!!!

You can't be more Toad than The Toad himself, deal with it.

SPM-MarioClimbUnused.gif

This animation is unused in Super Paper Mario. You can't climb ladders with a side view, but the animation is cute and interesting that it was programmed.

Glowsquid said:
Well, actually Yoshi having actual hands with three fingers and a thumb was already shown in Super Mario Kart
SMKYoshiSpin.png

and in Mario's Tennis as well:
Mario%27sT_Yoshi.jpg

This was noticed by Masaya Shiosaki when drawing the illustrations of the Super Mario Picture Books:
SMSQPB6_Finding.png

Intriguingly, they managed to keep the dino-like pose of the hands nonetheless:
SMSQPB6_Kuppa_Tachi_Moon_opt.png

Not sure about the mouth either, but anyway, it's interesting to note how many details are effectively preserved in all these versions of the old design, as well as the one drawn by ARTMIC:
SMSPB_page_13.png

Eh, I don't mind his new design actually, still looks good by me.

Well, the older one is better, but you know what I mean.

I fucking despise Yoshi's newer design and voice (the chart should have pointed out how horrible his newer voice is), so I pretty much agree with the diagram pretty much 100%. Bowling ball-faced eye socket head gaping-mouthed freak of nature.

The voice isn't bad. It's just the new design that feels forced. Giant "cute" eyes, giant "cute" nose, giant "cute" feet, etc. They look ugly, not cute.

Like you said, I think the voice tries waaaaaay too hard to be cute, just like the design is an attempt to make him cute. It comes across as obnoxious.

I guess it fits him. Yoshi is obnoxious.

He isn't, but he pretty much doesn't exist any more.

Eh, he looks like modern Yoshi to my eyes so I still can't like it that much (besides Baby Mario is distracting lol)

I mean he looks more normal compared to the new one. He has a head, eyes that aren't watery and thick soles, even if the lame spikes, big nose and lifted tail are still there (Plus, the voice isn't even in that game so there's no reason to go nuts :wario:). The hands don't bother me though.

I think handrawn Yoshi looks less obnoxious than 3D Yoshi.

Um, he does have the voice, in Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS....

I like Yoshi's current design and voice. But then, my first impression was in Mario Kart: Super Circuit and I fell in love with him right away, so I know I'm incredibly biased. But I imagine those who didn't like the redesign are also quite biased.
But I do not dislike the old design, either. I simply like the current Yoshi better.

MKSCCongratsScreen.PNG

Heck, the big nose was a selling point for 7-year-old me.

I like yoshi. I'm indifferent to his design.

Back