The Official Music Thread

Okay. They do, but I'm sticking with one new band at a time.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I'm the reverse. I don't mind Coldplay (not my first choice of music, tho), but can't stand the Killers.

What songs by TK have you listened to?

Tucky the Snowman said:
I just listened to Green Day's ¡Dos!. It's better than ¡Uno!, that's for sure.

I'm not sure how Tre! is going to be, but I know only Uno! spawned a hit (Oh Love) and Dos! didn't, and I doubt Tre! will.

Tucky the Snowman said:

It has a song called "Fuck Time," though.

Phantom L said:
I like their 'American Idiot' album the most.

American Idiot was kinda fun. The title track is actually quite a good piece of political satire, though the band quickly proved that they didn't actually have much else to say about politics.

21st Century Breakdown is by far their most interesting album to me, because it's a failure, but an interesting failure.

Gideon Gordon Graves said:
Tucky the Snowman said:

It has a song called "Fuck Time," though.

That's blatant proof they have trouble writing songs for three albums released only a few months apart.

They're good though, nonetheless.

Santagast the Merry said:
This is gonna sound superficial, but I hate bands who swear just because they can.

For me it depends, honestly. I don't mind one or two profane words in a song, but when it's Green Day, for example, it can get hard to tolerate sometimes.

and the aforementioned fact that they have a song called Fuck Time doesn't really help

Tucky the Snowman said:
While I agree with you on Nicki Minaj, cursing is not always stupid, but only a few can curse in an intelligent way.

Which honestly, not many modern artists today, if any at all, can curse "intelligently".

Cursing can get annoying if it's overdone (eg like as previously mentioned Nicki Minaj), but for the most part I don't really care if a song has some cursing in it.

I don't either.

Some songs lose their meaning when censored, tho. Cee Lo Green's Fuck You! is the one that comes to my mind.

I know :(. Forget you doesn't fit as well.
There is a P!nk song called 'Fucking perfect' which is censored to 'perfect' as well.

Phantom L said:
There is a P!nk song called 'Fucking perfect' which is censored to 'perfect' as well.

Meh, P!nk.

Tucky the Snowman said:
Some songs lose their meaning when censored, tho. Cee Lo Green's Fuck You! is the one that comes to my mind.

That reminds me of how some songs are censored in Rock Band is really dumb.

For example, "motherfuckin' riot" in Sublime's "What I Got" was censored to "mother-mother riot". Which is like wat

most of the time they just mute the whole thing out, when they try to improvise it works out horrible

Tucky the Snowman said:
Well they changed it to

"Eff You"

and then because it was too bad

"Forget You"

MCS said:
Phantom L said:

Meh, P!nk.
Well imo, compared to some of the horrible artists these days, P!nk isn't that bad.

Per. I honestly actually like some of her songs.

I liked 'so what.' Along with some of her older stuff. Her songs also usually have quite good music videos.

Phantom L said:
MCS said:
Phantom L said:

Meh, P!nk.
Well imo, compared to some of the horrible artists these days, P!nk isn't that bad.

Depends what the song is really. I said "meh" because her more recent work is deteriorating. So What, Get the Party Started, and Sober I can stand.

Back