post any random Mario thought on your mind

Yeah sure.

I just need to find the files lol

A friend told me where golf Rosalina was , and i found Tennis Rosalina.

Currently i also have this

Golf Peach , includes umbrella

NBhhhkM.png

Golf Daisy

HOVq474.png

and a couple of clean sprites from the game

like this

unoijjy.png

Additionally , i ripped some files from World Tour and Open and got this as well

RBTgOHf.png

Big thanks to my friend who helped me on this.

Beautiful. This is great. What's the polycount on these? What are the textures like? Are they on par with the Wii at least?

I've been wanting to get the models of the horses for quite a while now because I effing love the horses in Sports Superstars.

For someone who works a lot with 3D models, I'm pretty much used to seeing soulless eyes.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Beautiful. This is great. What's the polycount on these? What are the textures like? Are they on par with the Wii at least?

I've been wanting to get the models of the horses for quite a while now because I effing love the horses in Sports Superstars.

Around 4,000 polys, which is higher than MK8...

As somebody who doesn't know crap about this stuff why do their eyes look like that?

MK8's eyes are a major pain in the ass to work with, or I think it's really whoever handled the model for Models Resource. Anyway, I think there is a fix for that and it's disabling textures repeating.

memoryman3 said:
Around 4,000 polys, which is higher than MK8...
Scoff, Mario Kart 8 isn't that high poly as you think. But still, polys don't matter much as textures and I don't know what "higher" means here. Is it several K polys higher or only a few hundred? I don't know how good the textures look though since Swiftie enabled flat lighting.

Mcmadness said:
As somebody who doesn't know crap about this stuff why do their eyes look like that?
You can ask me. It's likely a transparent texture because 1) many Mario models use transparent eye hole textures rather than giving a real hole there and 2) you can notice in the interior of the eyes of a smooth transition to transparency and 3)you can see the hair behind it. There is probably a separate polygon, separate from the rest of the face that displays the transparent eye textures to enable blinking and other expressive eyes. And behind that polygon with the transparent eye I think is supposed to be another polygon that displays eyewhite texture and probably a transparent iris texture that is drawn like a decal on that. The game animates this iris to have it move across the eye and I do think Daisy moves her eyes in at least her post hole animation. Swiftie, I think, didn't enable the iris or eyewhite to display so it looks weird as hell, but that's speculation from me.

Well , i think its a bit obvious the eyes have some transparency and the inside is not on because its a separate texture that is in the model but activates in-game

Its basically because eyes move and all of that.

Females also have separate layers of eyelashes because they blink , and unlike MK games , the eyelashes are a mesh not a texture.

Finally i am viewing these models in the model viewer for 3DS , Ohana.

The textures have Wii quality btw.

If you can do a mass dump of texture files from Mario Sports Superstars, I'd be more than happy to reupload all of those sprites on the wiki. This includes the awesome CSP, the card images, and the character emblems.

Are these models compatible for 3DS Max? Because I'd like to port them to Garry's Mod. Hell, I want Baby Luigi's walk animation to port to Source Filmmaker.

Models can be saved as Dae.

They come with the full rig and are pretty good.

So yeah , in other words they are compatible.

Sadly i can't seem to make animations work inside the 3D modelling program , they only play in Ohana3DS

I could manually recreate them if Ohana3DS displays their keyframes and timing.

But what I want the most is Baby Luigi's model from Golf/Tennis and Baseball/Soccer/Horse Racing. He has some facial expressions I want to use for Garry's Mod and I just want to port him for the hell of it.

Hold your horses (lol i wanted to say that so badly)

The only models i can rip are from Golf and Tennis.

I have no clue about models for the ''Namco'' side of the game , and their animations.

Keep in mind they have stored everything in different formats because they are just that clean and tidy (not)

So horses are a no for a while , maybe if i can get deeper in the files.

Currently i have sprites, models and sfx for Golf and Tennis , which to me is what matters the most. Specially Rosalina's of course.

Well, I can settle for anything as long as I can get my hands on that sweet, sweet Baby Luigi model and his facial expressions (which are separate models, like bodygroups) and a nice clean rip of Baby Luigi's CSP texture.

8LXzyGt.gif

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1Nl9FZvcK5b.mp3

nToyUTY.gif

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1bqZfVuKDXm.mp3

''yaaaah''

Found these as well.

File names are absent for the animations so it took a while to locate these.

May upload something else once i find everything

Pink Cat said:
DHD0SYYUQAAAnUf.jpg

So, what appears to be a genderbent Mario appears in a Digimon anime with someone who is undoubtedly just Marth but red.
Is that from the crappy new Digimon (not tri, the other one), or is it from one of the older seasons?

Something I wonder: why is it that in Japan, Mario's RPG-type games have an "RPG" in it, besides Super Mario RPG? The Mario & Luigi series are called "Mario & Luigi RPG" instead of just "Mario & Luigi", and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is called "Paper Mario RPG". Only Paper Mario (the first one) is not called that, but since it started out as a "Super Mario RPG 2", it could as well be the case (besides, it wasn't called "Paper Mario" in Japan anyway, instead being called "Mario Story").

Thank you for reading.

The Japanese weren't very imaginative when it came to naming their MaRPGs. ;P

Mario games in general are pretty basic titles.

Super Mario Bros/World/Land/64/Sunshine/Galaxy/3D/Odyssey

Mario Party/Tennis/Baseball/Kart

Some exceptions of course.

So , um... yeah how do i even put this.

How can i even say this ...

OMG OMG OMG OMG SACMKSKAMKCMAKCKACMKAMKC AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
cmkdscksmc

As part of Rosalina's 10 year anniversary , Kerri Kane decided to sign up some pics of Rosalina and gave it to friends and a few fans ... and guess who she sent one as well out of surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

iv5Pb74.png

AHHHHHHHH Im gonna die , best day ever yet.

tumblr_inline_osy3ke9dzX1qfb043_500.gif

I can't , literally i can't. Best thing ever literally.

Back