Fun facts

The Robot Masters said:
Michell said:
thats so sad/depressing and yet funny at the same time

also on the topic of Finding Nemo, whales can not psychically expel fish when they "spout"
since the spout is actually air, not water, and is not connecting to the esophagus at all
a whale spouts warm air, that warm air from its lungs meets the cold air over the water and forms mist, making it look like the whale spouted water
While we're nitpicking, fish can't speak English.

Neither can pelicans.
everyone knows pelicans speak Dutch :posh:
I mean really, how inaccurate can disney get

The 1989 song "I Wanna Have Some Fun" by British artist Samantha Fox sounds very similar to the background music used for all four Mario Circuits in Super Mario Kart, which was released only three years later. Ain't that weird?

Don't know if this has already been posted, but...

From the first ones in 1924 until 1992, the Winter Olympics were held in the same year as the Summer Olympics. Afterwards, there was a two-year gap between Winter Olympic Games and as a result, since 1994, they have been held in every non-leap-year that ends in an even number.

And here's another one that hasn't been posted in this thread before:

At one time, the Michigan state legislature literally declared Aretha Franklin's own voice was one of the state's natural resources!

Even though this fact isn't exactly funny, it's a bit interesting.

Bananas are actually berries, not fruit, and according to jewish halakha, which is a religious law, they're vegetables.

TheYoshiState said:
At one time, the Michigan state legislature literally declared Aretha Franklin's own voice was one of the state's natural resources!
What the what the *bleep*

PrincessOfPeaches said:

Bananas are actually berries, not fruit, and according to jewish halakha, which is a religious law, they're vegetables.
I actually knew that they were berries (my friend told me), but I didn't know they were vegetables. o_O

PrincessOfPeaches said:

gotta admit i busted out laughing.

That's hilarious, especially on the vegetables section.

Michell said:
wait, I thought berries were fruit though?
Yeah, you're right. According to wikipedia, berries are small edible fruits, which are usually juicy, brightly coloured, sweet or sour, and do not have a pit or stone. So basically... Bananas are fruits. Forget everything I said.

Fact: In Microsoft Word, the fonts "Wingdings" and "Webdings" (both of which replace letters with picture symbols), contain hidden messages: In Webdings, type "NYC" all caps and it shows an eye, a heart, and a skyline for each letter respectively, indicating "I love New York" If you type the same thing in Wingdings, it shows a skull/crossbones, Star of David, then a thumbs-up sign, indicating the Holocaust. (Microsoft denied any involvement in the second one)

Fun fact: According to data, the USA emits the most carbon dioxide a year. Bhutan emits the least.

Fun fact: Motel 6 spokesman Tom Bodett also narrated the short "Good Idea/Bad Idea" and "Mime Time" sub-episodes on Animaniacs (I wondered how that came about because when I watched those sub-episodes, the narrator sounded a bit familiar, because I've also seen Motel 6 commercials-plus, on a side note, Bodett was raised in the same state I currently reside in (he was raised in the small town of Sturgis, MI)).

If a person yelled for three years straight, they would produce enough sound energy to heat a cup of coffee.

And here's another fact about my metropolitan area:

Ray Parker Jr. (who wrote and performed the Ghostbusters theme song), Ernie Hudson (who played Winston Zeddemore in both Ghostbusters films and even made a guest appearance in the live-action "Slimebusters" episode of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show and Rob Paulsen (who voiced Pinky in Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain, Fowlmouth, Concord Condor and Furrball's "Duck Trek" voice in Tiny Toon Adventures and Major Glory in Dexter's Laboratory, among others) have all lived in Detroit.

Yoshi, the green bipedal anthropomorphic dinosaur from the well-known Mario series of videogames, does, despite popular belief, actually not exist.

Camelot was going to add a 'Wapeach' to Mario Tennis but decided against it.

CBS once aired a special of Huckleberry Finn where they took out the character Jim entirely in order to avoid the race issue

Back