Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

mario_and_luigi_by_supercaterina-dbrag0c.jpg

ZOMG

im not sure if i like the seductive glance mario is giving luigi coupled with the heart bubble coming out of him

After Princess Luigi and Plumber Peach, and most importantly Gangster Bowser, we get Wedding dress Mario.

mario_and_luigi_by_moondragon2003-dbnpnuh.png

the pictures Moondragon2003 make are Very Good.

Somehow I didn't see much in the way of uniqueness in the fan art above, but at least it looks great. I imagine this is originally vector art based on the lack of outlines (rendered as an image of fixed resolution).

Thank you for reading.

I strongly suspect that the image was traced directly over a 3D model. I do agree that some "uniqueness" is lost since there is no room for expressive lines you get from drawing from reference or from memory but I overall like the fidelity to the 3D model.

The face of a hatter that's mad with capturing

shall_we_jump__by_lemonzio-dbl0eaz.jpg

J-Yoshi64 said:
I always thought Cappy's normal form looked a bit sinister. Red eyes, naturally furrowed brow
Thank goodness he ended up with being a sweetheart.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I always thought Cappy's normal form looked a bit sinister. Red eyes, naturally furrowed brow

When I have seen Cappy's official art, the eyebrows also stuck out to me. It makes Cappy look like he has some nefarious intentions, but the fact that he has expressive eyelids instead make it less obvious. I found it funny how the male hat ghost inhabitants have an equivalent of a monobrow, making them look kind of grumpy.

Thank you for reading.

Themrock is an amazing artist that has a wild take on Mario characters. I may post more at a later date, but here are a few samples:

95360f297007ee571f5bc2b8a46e4d2d--mario-brothers-mario-bros.jpg

wario_and_waluigi_by_themrock.jpg

139ca920de1384260b134e5b42707781.jpg

Thank you for reading.

tumblr_ov5gkvr6MV1vvf3q3o1_1280.png

Peach looks lovely, beautiful, cute and elegant right here. She is a lovely, beautiful balerina with her balerina bun.

peach__s_bad_hair_day_by_sahan.jpg
chibi_peach__s_bad_hair_day_by_sahan.jpg

This is what Peach would probably look like if she was having a bad hair day where she woke up with a horrible bedhead.

Mixing Mario with the noir genre, we got... Detective Mario! More here: https://actionhankbeard.deviantart.com/gallery/

detective_mario_by_actionhankbeard-d845jxq.jpg

wendy_o_by_actionhankbeard-d845jyi.jpg

daisy_and_luigi_by_actionhankbeard-d845jwg.jpg

rendezvous_in_world_8_by_actionhankbeard-d845jy1.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Weasel said:
i really hope that there are stills of each character

that's amazing
Well, you can pause the original artist's video.

Back