Mario & Luigi: Brothership

Issue isn't Bowser being the main antagonist it's Mario being the main protagonist.

I hope it's more like superstar saga with an emphasis on things not taking too long to get going, quick fluent attacks and not a bunch of dialogue heavy skits that aren't really all that funny.

I also wonder who is making this.
I hope there's a bunch of dialogue, story and characters are what makes RPGs. The sanitized era of Mario from the early to late 2010s is behind us, good riddance to it!

I know saying this would likely bother fans who really want its return, but I cannot say I want M&L to return consider 75% of the main cast never had proper screentime in the whole Mario RPG lineup. (At least so far as there is no further info about having a thid partner this round).
I personally wouldn't mind to vote for Diddy Kong to be the hero of this game if there is a poll for this.

Now Echoes of Wisdom is interesting here becasue it at least tries to do a major step from its past routine, and it's something fans always want Mario RPGs.

There are new characters and main villain but it's kinda awkward as the title doesn't really highlight a unique theme around Concordia and its people, so I get why some people get the reboot vibe.

Last edited:
I hope there's a bunch of dialogue, story and characters are what makes RPGs. The sanitized era of Mario from the early to late 2010s is behind us, good riddance to it!

I could name many rpgs where story and characters aren't a priority but thats not what I mean. I'm talking about scenes that just go on and on and are usually accomplishing nothing of value even in a basic entertainment sense.

Dream Team was especially guilty of this.
The new villain has a really cool design, can't wait to see more trailers that give us a better look at the story!

View attachment 45405

Decent design. Hopefully it's not boring in the personality department.
Issue isn't Bowser being the main antagonist it's Mario being the main protagonist.
Yeah to heck with that guy.

I AM SO EXCITED!!! (but my switch broke and i have to get a new one)

YES IT DOES;

BECAUSE IT'S BORING, IT'S PREDICTABLE; AND I'M ****ING SICK OF IT!!

Spin-offs AREN'T Meant to be One-to-one with The Mainline series;

Sure Bowser is the main antagonist of THOSE games; but the wonderful thing about Spin-offs; IS THAT THEY'RE ****ING ALLOWED TO BE DIFFERENT; LIKE HAVING SCENARIOS WHERE MARIO & BOWSER TEAM UP AGAINST A COMMON FOE
why are you getting so worked up about a game that we have barely any info on

There are so many things I already like about this game (based on the trailers):
  • Starlow is nowhere to be seen. I think Snoutlet is taking the role of Starlow, but I'd take Snoutlet over Starlow any day.
  • The enemies and bosses are original! It looks like some old enemies (Thorbs and Treevils for example) return as well.
  • The 3D graphics look amazing and really nail the Mario & Luigi art style as a whole.
  • Mario and Luigi's Brothership really shines and may showcase teamwork much more than the previous games in the series.
  • Bowser doesn't look to be the main antagonist, and interesting new villains are instead.
  • Combat looks to be even more engaging than ever before.
  • Interesting NPCs (Connie for example)
  • Creative in general!

I'm hoping the unpopular contingent of Paper Mario fans (that most other Paper Mario fans dislike, mind you) that were celebrating the apparent death of Mario & Luigi because they were hoping for a more "RPG"-like Paper Mario game remember their remarks and are seething right now.

Anyhow I like the art of the game and I really like the 3D look. I DID say Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is my favorite art style but this game's style may surpass Dream Team (and won't be as costly to make).

To be honest I'm just happy this series came back and it should be evident that series and studios responsible for series are two different things. I do expect the studio for this one to have a lot of team members from Alpha Dream.

I am also looking forward to the soundtrack of this game.

Oh also, this is a killer name for a Mario & Luigi entry.

This announcement has roused me. The boys are back.

GQXSytoWAAAGaCm

Do we have a confirmed directing company yet?

From the European site, looks like Bowser's gonna be an ally.

View attachment 45417

also OF COURSE THEY REVEAL A NEW M&L IN THE DIRECT I DON'T CLEAR THE DAY FOR SINCE I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS UNTIL SWITCH 2 AAAAAA

Life is kinda funny that way isn't it?

Heck it even started the show.

Mario and Luigi will have dual voice actors in this game with Kevin Afghani and Charles Martinet together this time. I am assuming that this upcoming game will have a mix of archival and new voice recordings.

View attachment 45417

also OF COURSE THEY REVEAL A NEW M&L IN THE DIRECT I DON'T CLEAR THE DAY FOR SINCE I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS UNTIL SWITCH 2 AAAAAA
Whoa that's awesome, thanks for sharing this, that makes me a bit more optimistic for this game as it almost confirms that we're getting an original main villain, which is a positive sign. Plus I've always liked Bowser as an ally.

@MartinetIsBestMario I guess you'll be relieved to know that it doesn't look like Bowser is the main antagonist of this game.
Thank GOODNESS!

Mario and Luigi will have dual voice actors in this game with Kevin Afghani and Charles Martinet together this time. I am assuming that this upcoming game will have a mix of archival and new voice recordings.

Yeah. . . I Did always think that Kevin sounded better as Luigi than he ever did as Mario[his Mario voice just doesn't work for me; Because his voice doesn't sound enough like Mario to me]

I agree, Starlow sucks.

Yeah. . . I Never cared for how much of a B**** she was; Or how She Always had felt the need to be so mean to Luigi!

That's a Relief!

because he sounds so good!
I Couldn't agree less

Last edited:
Yeah. . . I Never cared for how much of a B**** she was; Or how She Always had felt the need to be so mean to Luigi!
You're allowed to swear on this site, and self-censoring like that just looks weird. If you want to cuss, cuss. If you don't want to cuss, don't cuss.

Also idk I kinda liked Starlow but I think it was mostly because I saw the potential for her and Geno to meet and do shit together

Like am I wrong or would that not be awesome

Definitely excited for this one. It reminds me a lot of One Piece with how we're sailing to different islands on a ship. The basic attacks looks like they'll be very co-op focus with both jump and hammer involving both of them instead of just one.

Last edited:
You're allowed to swear on this site, and self-censoring like that just looks weird. If you want to cuss, cuss. If you don't want to cuss, don't cuss.

Eh it's fine if they self censor themselves. I used to do that myself until I got comfortable with fucking around and being a bitch.

Ach, my eyes. Shield me from the unholy words!

I think the complaints of Bowser frequently being the villain is a case of misplaced priorities, for the infamous Sticker Star, the complaints towards Bowser wasn't him being the main villain, it was the fact that he doesn't talk and doesn't get to show his bombastic personality from the other games, it wasn't a case of frequently being the villain, it was a case of a great villain being turned boring.
So let's say there is a new villain who is the main one and the final boss but is constantly complained about having nothing interesting about them while Bowser is also in the game and his villainous actions are considered a highlight, would it not be preferable for Bowser to be the main villain despite being constantly reoccurring? It's a case of what is done with the character for story potential, not a simple case of the character being new or preexisting

Back