What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Emperor

昭和天皇の調査についての映画です。It was ok.

Лакитубыстро said:
Frozen

Epic.
You watched Frozen and Epic on the same day?

The Grand Budapest Hotel. Fantastic cinematography, arguably the best of all of Anderson's films. Nearly every shot was beautiful in and of itself.

No-Face said:
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Fantastic cinematography, arguably the best of all of Anderson's films. Nearly every shot was beautiful in and of itself.
Okay now I'm really mad because I haven't seen that movie, I love Wes Anderson and it never played near me!

supermariofan said:
No-Face said:
Okay now I'm really mad because I haven't seen that movie, I love Wes Anderson and it never played near me!
it played near me but i was never quite able to go for various reasons

Smashgoom202 said:
I loved what the Oancitizen (Kyle) said in the Nostalgia Critic review of Les Mis; basically that Russell Crowe is technically good and in-tune, but he's using a different style, and because of that he really sticks out.
Ah, someone understands!

See, when I was watching Les Mis, I also didn't think Russell Crowe was bad. His singing was different, sure, but it wasn't bad on its own, and his version of Stars was actually pretty well done, I thought.

No-Face said:
How was it?

I thought it was great. Much better than Sleeping Beauty. Both Maleficent and Aurora get plenty of characterization instead of Aurora spending the movie asleep and Maleficent putting her asleep because she can, the effects and creatures are nice to look at, and the variations on the original story (the curse onwards) are both unexpected and welcome. Even Diablo (Diaval as he is known here) plays a more significant role.

supermariofan said:
Лакитубыстро said:
Toothless said:
Лакитубыстро said:
Frozen

Epic.
There's a movie named "Epic"?
Actually there's two: One that's a mix between Avatar and Ferngully and the other full of endless parodies that makes you want to kill yourself
That's Epic Movie, not Epic.

And I agree. That movie is shit.

Most things with Friedberg and Seltzer involved are absolute *bleep*.

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Лакитубыстро said:
Toothless said:
Лакитубыстро said:
Frozen

Epic.
There's a movie named "Epic"?
Actually there's two: One that's a mix between Avatar and Ferngully and the other full of endless parodies that makes you want to kill yourself
That's Epic Movie, not Epic.

And I agree. That movie is *bleep*.
I know I was making a joke, sure it probably wasn't funny to you but it's better than anything seltzer-Berg writes

Honestly, nothing interests me at the moment. Sit me down with a few good B-movies and I'm alright.

Does the MST3K riffing of Time of the Apes count?

Back