What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

supermariofan said:
No-Face said:
Boyhood. Absolutely wonderful. Possibly the greatest movie ever made.
I knew you would love it! To me it's the best film of the year, yes I love it more than Days of Future Past, Neighbors, Godzilla, and Guardians of the Galaxy while they're still great movies, I don't even think Interstellar will top it this year, though I'm still excited
I think I'll enjoy Interstellar more. Not that it will necessarily be better than Boyhood, but Boyhood's not a film that I can watch again and again. Still, Boyhood is an experience that you simply can't get by watching anything else. It'll undoubtedly win a ton of Oscars.

No-Face said:
supermariofan said:
No-Face said:
Boyhood. Absolutely wonderful. Possibly the greatest movie ever made.
I knew you would love it! To me it's the best film of the year, yes I love it more than Days of Future Past, Neighbors, Godzilla, and Guardians of the Galaxy while they're still great movies, I don't even think Interstellar will top it this year, though I'm still excited
I think I'll enjoy Interstellar more. Not that it will necessarily be better than Boyhood, but Boyhood's not a film that I can watch again and again. Still, Boyhood is an experience that you simply can't get by watching anything else. It'll undoubtedly win a ton of Oscars.
I hope so, the only Oscar I can see this film win is Original Screenplay

i dont' really think you can justify that movie by hearing about it

i mean if it's not your type of movie, sure, whatever, though i really think this would be enjoyable by everyone as long as you're able to watch a movie that isn't an action movie

for me if a movie is not action than it needs to be either funny, a (natural history) documentary, or have sci-fi in order for it appeal to me

after reading a synopsis, yah its totally not my kind of movie

it's actually surprisingly hilarious. the audience was laughing for most of the movie

also sci-fi generally is just used for action these days ;-;

Disney XD aired Aladdin today, so I saw that.

When it ended, there was a picture of stars in the shape of Genie. It said "In memory of Robin Williams, who made us laugh".

Magikrazy said:
Disney XD aired Aladdin today, so I saw that.

When it ended, there was a picture of stars in the shape of Genie. It said "In memory of Robin Williams, who made us laugh".
>putting a tribute to robin williams
>airing it on disney xd

that's kinda awful

GalacticPetey said:
海巳慧琉 said:
TBH it was my favorite design for Godzilla, even if the movie itself was horrible
This is the equivalent of saying Hotel Mario is the best Mario game.
no it isn't, read the bold segment
it would be equivalent to saying Mario's outfit in hotel Mario was the best Mario outfit

But it's a scrawny twig of a monster that looks nothing like Godzilla.

This:
102bbd199e572f79512609a627264b5a-retro-reviews-1954-japanese-godzilla-vs-1998-american-reboot.jpeg

Is pathetic when paired against this:
91Godzilla.jpg

The 98 design is a generic dinosaur that looks nothing like Godzilla.

thats why I prefer it, I prefer (even generic) dinosaurs over people in reptilian-esq rubber suits with weird feline faces

the 98 design is something I could see functioning as a real animal, whereas Gojira just, doesn't work as a real animal...

also, only 98, 98 animated series, and 2014 are "Godzilla", all others are "Gojira"

not realistic, real

as in one looks like it could walk, the other looks like it would break under its own weight

@Godzilla arguments

I'd prefer Godzilla's original design because...well...it's HIM. Y'know, Godzilla. Tweaking his stature doesn't really make him the ones people know and love. It's fine to like the design of 98, but please for the love of god don't call him Godzilla.

Call him what he really is: Zilla.

*cough*
if you really had some sort of integrity standard for the original(s) than don't call them Godzilla either

only ones made in English productions can be called Godzilla (which if 98 has its own name only leaves 2014 as Godzilla)

Back