Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

that's why i go "----- stats" and make my ride look awesome instead

SKmarioman said:
Fun fact: Bowser, Sport Bike and Slick tires combo is inefficient because the acceleration stat cannot be a full integer regardless of the glider.

Even with wasted acceleration points, a combo like that is far from being inefficient. The only problem is that the Slick wheels hinder water speed even more than the Slim and Metal wheels.

Baby Luigi said:

this
unless I'm playing on local or with people I know, in which case I activate crusher mode

IceCreamRain said:
Baby Luigi said:

this
unless I'm playing on local or with people I know, in which case I activate crusher mode
This, too.

I make my ride look colour-coordinated and sometimes I activate pimp mode with the Badwagon.
Which I can never find good combos with.

Heh, I'm the ultimative stats whore then.

Because if I can't drive it well enough it's out, meaning that every single quad and kart of mk8 is auto-eliminated for me.

BIKES FTW.

Cynthia said:
I like the Flame Rider, it looks so cool.

That and the Varmint are my favorite bikes

Cynthia said:
I like the Flame Rider, it looks so cool. When I go online, I use Circuit Special.
The Flame Rider sounds so sexy too.

It's sad knowing that the Biddybuggy, Landship, and Mr. Scooty are often neglected, simply because of their lower ground speed stats. I try to at least give them some attention, though it doesn't exactly help when you've got faster combos trying to run you down.

On the other hand, I have seen some very good lightweight users, so it's more the player who's using the combo, instead of the combo itself.

I main Rosalina with acceleration and handling, because speed doesn't matter against acceleration.

Of course, I have some speed, but not as much as acceleration. I used to have this combo where speed and acceleration were tied, best thing ever.

MnSG said:
It's sad knowing that the Biddybuggy, Landship, and Mr. Scooty are often neglected, simply because of their lower ground speed stats. I try to at least give them some attention, though it doesn't exactly help when you've got faster combos trying to run you down.

On the other hand, I have seen some very good lightweight users, so it's more the player who's using the combo, instead of the combo itself.

I love the Landship, it's my favourite.

I was using Biddybuggy before but I realize it's inferior to speedy karts. Having great acceleration is pointless because the bad item distribution won't let you recover. Plus you will be pushed by everyone, weight has been so much buffed.
You better take a speed kart to increase your chances to survive the beginning.

Cirdec said:
I was using Biddybuggy before but I realize it's inferior to speedy karts. Having great acceleration is pointless because the bad item distribution won't let you recover. Plus you will be pushed by everyone, weight has been so much buffed.
I don't see it's inferiority. When I use acceleration, I often zip my way through everyone and just front-run for a while. In online mode, I have to be tricky so no one sees my place.

The thing with speedy karts is that they mostly don't have good handling. I need good handling to make inside drifts that help me stay in at least 3rd.

Of course, I mainly use Rosalina so weight is never a problem in anything I do...

Cirdec said:

The only problem with high speed combos is that if they get item spammed on, they can't recover as quickly as the high accelerators. They might be able to frontrun more easily, but that does require them to not take a hit at all.

Fortunately, you can have 4.75 speed and 3 acceleration at the same time, so you could always resort to average acceleration if you must.

In the end, however, item luck tends to be the deciding factor, as even the fastest combos do not guarantee victory; trust me when I say that there are some very good lightweight users out there.

Once I had the same amount of speed, acceleration, and weight, with a huge amount of handling.
Can't remember the combination, though.

Yeah!

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

The only problem with high speed combos is that if they get item spammed on, they can't recover as quickly as the high accelerators. They might be able to frontrun more easily, but that does require them to not take a hit at all.

Fortunately, you can have 4.75 speed and 3 acceleration at the same time, so you could always resort to average acceleration if you must.

In the end, however, item luck tends to be the deciding factor, as even the fastest combos do not guarantee victory; trust me when I say that there are some very good lightweight users out there.

I don't deny it, but heavyweights are just better than lightweights. Here is an example showing that.

Max speed Baby Mario:
Speed 3.25/6
Acceleration 3/6
Weight 2.5/6
Handling 4.75/6
Traction 2.5/6

Max acceleration Bowser:
Speed 3.5/6
Acceleration 4.25/6
Weight 3.75/6
Handling 3/6
Traction 2.75/6

Bowser is better than Baby Mario at every stat except handling, and you don't even need that much handling.

Cirdec said:
and you don't even need that much handling.
Well, inside drifting allows you to cut of most of the track. Don't you need more handling to stay as close as possible? That's just the way I see it.

Cirdec said:
I don't deny it, but heavyweights are just better than lightweights. Here is an example showing that.

Max speed Baby Mario:
Speed 3.25/6
Acceleration 3/6
Weight 2.5/6
Handling 4.75/6
Traction 2.5/6

Max acceleration Bowser:
Speed 3.5/6
Acceleration 4.25/6
Weight 3.75/6
Handling 3/6
Traction 2.75/6

Bowser is better than Baby Mario at every stat except handling, and you don't even need that much handling.

That doesn't change the fact that even if I use someone like Morton, I may still find myself losing to someone who's using Koopa Troopa. Heck, there were some races where I couldn't even outspeed a Yoshi user with Morton, and I was using a 4.75 speed combo; Yoshi can't even go higher than 4.25 speed.

To go even further, there have been times where I've used Rosalina, and yet some Lemmy users have given me a run for my money.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

Max speed Baby Mario:
Speed 3.25/6
Acceleration 3/6
Weight 2.5/6
Handling 4.75/6
Traction 2.5/6

Max acceleration Bowser:
Speed 3.5/6
Acceleration 4.25/6
Weight 3.75/6
Handling 3/6
Traction 2.75/6

That doesn't change the fact that even if I use someone like Morton, I may still find myself losing to someone who's using Koopa Troopa. Heck, there were some races where I couldn't even outspeed a Yoshi user with Morton, and I was using a 4.75 speed combo; Yoshi can't even go higher than 4.25 speed.

To go even further, there have been times where I've used Rosalina, and yet some Lemmy users have given me a run for my money.

I guess it's because of coins.

Is it true that people are only using heavy-weights now?

I don't have the game, and that's why I'm asking this.

Back