Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

But it has inside drifting, which is annoying sometimes and takes time to master. So I would say the most overpowered combo is Bowser + Pipe Frame + Slick + Super Glider. 5.25 speed, hit the 2 acceleration mark, has reasonnable 2.75 handling and good 4.75 height. You can change Bowser to Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach if you have some trouble with the handling.

There's also the fact that the inside drifting bikes can't perform the Fire Hopping trick. If you want the best possible speed, but are also concerned about acceleration, and prefer outside drifting, you could use the following combo...

Heavy + Body Group 3 + Wheel Group 3 + Glider Group 2

Heavy
Bowser
Wario
Morton
Large Mii

Body Group 3
Mach 8
Circuit Special
Sports Coupe
Gold Standard

Wheel Group 3
Roller
Button
Azure Roller

Glider Group 2
Cloud Glider
Peach Parasol
Parachute
Parafoil
Flower Glider
Bowser Kite
MKTV Parafoil

Offers 4.75 ground speed and 3 acceleration (C-tier level), though all the handling stats will be stuck at 2.5. Another pro is the 5.5 water speed and 5.5 air speed.

I just want more inside drifting bikes, it took me until past half of the possible unlocks to just get one of them and I still have yet to get anymore.

Please MK8, I just want the Yoshi Bike.

Maki Nishikino said:
I just want more inside drifting bikes, it took me until past half of the possible unlocks to just get one of them and I still have yet to get anymore.

I thought you started with the Sport Bike.

Maki Nishikino said:

All inside drifting bikes have the same stats, so you could always stick with the Sport Bike until you get the Yoshi Bike.

Cynthia said:
Maki Nishikino said:

I thought you started with the Sport Bike.
yes. I mentioned unlocks so assume I mean the unlockable ones.

MnSG said:
Maki Nishikino said:

All inside drifting bikes have the same stats, so you could always stick with the Sport Bike until you get the Yoshi Bike.
I know that, I just wanted some variety but I'd already finished the grand prix's with three-stars each and still only had the sports bike. Online doesn't really hold my attention.

Recently started playing online, if you see a guy from the United Kingdom called Matt with the Yoshi Bike, Cushion tyres and Peach Parasol glider you found me.

if you ever see me online, you win 100 bucks

Baby Luigi said:
if you ever see me online, you win 100 bucks
Imposters don't count.

If you see ME online, with the ugly Mii that doesn't represent me at all, you win a million bucks from me. Just take a picture to verify your claim and I'll mail you the prize.

But really, if there's one thing Nintendo really shits all over, it's their online play.

Okay then I'll monitor your internet 24/7 and if you turn on mk8 i will rush to my wii u from whereever i am to take a pic.

MidnaFreak said:
Okay then I'll monitor your internet 24/7 and if you turn on mk8 i will rush to my wii u from whereever i am to take a pic.
I actually have to be playing online, and it can't be a Friends-only match.

But yeah, good luck with that!

It's been a while since the DLC announcement, but since I don't have a computer anymore, I'm going to post my thoughts on it now.

The character selection is, once again, AWFUL. Come on. I would have applauded the addition of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach..... as alternate costumes like Yoshi's and Shy Guy's colors, not as separate characters. This is Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach all over again. Link? Come ON, the guy doesn't even fit in the game. If they really had to add a character from a different franchise, why didn't they go for Kirby? He would have made much more sense.

The track additions are what really got me to buy the DLC (and well, I admit that the Yoshi colors drove me to it too), since I've always thought that only 32 tracks are just too few. I'm looking forward to that F-Zero track as well as using the Blue Falcon, even though that it sadly means that the F-Zero franchise is officially dead.

Now, Isabelle and Villager... Meh. I just don't care about them. I'm glad to see Dry Bowser back, though. My beef is: why didn't they add characters like Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones or King Boo? Or even worse, if they wanted new characters and not old ones: why not Lubba, Plessie, E. Gadd or Magikoopa? Seriously, I swear I just don't understand Nintendo, but whatever.

Anser said:
It's been a while since the DLC announcement, but since I don't have a computer anymore, I'm going to post my thoughts on it now.

The character selection is, once again, AWFUL. Come on. I would have applauded the addition of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach..... as alternate costumes like Yoshi's and Shy Guy's colors, not as separate characters. This is Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach all over again. Link? Come ON, the guy doesn't even fit in the game. If they really had to add a character from a different franchise, why didn't they go for Kirby? He would have made much more sense.

The track additions are what really got me to buy the DLC (and well, I admit that the Yoshi colors drove me to it too), since I've always thought that only 32 tracks are just too few. I'm looking forward to that F-Zero track as well as using the Blue Falcon, even though that it sadly means that the F-Zero franchise is officially dead.

Now, Isabelle and Villager... Meh. I just don't care about them. I'm glad to see Dry Bowser back, though. My beef is: why didn't they add characters like Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones or King Boo? Or even worse, if they wanted new characters and not old ones: why not Lubba, Plessie, E. Gadd or Magikoopa? Seriously, I swear I just don't understand Nintendo, but whatever.

I agree that the character roster is pretty bad, but I think Link is a cool addition. Maybe he'll have an Epona kart!

But yeah, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are stupid. Mario Kart 8 should have added Captain Falcon since the F-Zero kart is present in Mario Kart 8's DLC.

Ghost said:
Anser said:

I agree that the character roster is pretty bad, but I think Link is a cool addition. Maybe he'll have an Epona kart!

But yeah, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are stupid. Mario Kart 8 should have added Captain Falcon since the F-Zero kart is present in Mario Kart 8's DLC.

I agree. Captain Falcon should've been in instead of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.

They should of made Metal Mario and Tanooki Mario alternate costumes for Mario, and Pink Gold Peach and Cat Peach should of been alternate costumes for Peach, like the Mii's and the Yoshi's/Shy Guy's.

Rosalina and Luma said:
They should of made Metal Mario and Tanooki Mario alternate costumes for Mario, and Pink Gold Peach and Cat Peach should of been alternate costumes for Peach, like the Mii's and the Yoshi's/Shy Guy's.

Indeed, and there are way too many baby characters. There's not a lot of variety in this roster. Yeah, the Koopa kids are alright, but I feel they were all just filler characters because Nintendo could think of others for some reason.

There's Bowser Jr., Boo, Petey, Birdo. Would have been nice to see them in the game.

I'd personally like to see King Boo over Boo myself, but I agree with you. At least fit the Koopalings on their own page (like with Miis) or something.

Rosalina and Luma said:
I don't know, I like it when Metal Mario is his own thing.

Dr. Mario said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
I don't know, I like it when Metal Mario is his own thing.
Fair enough, but it's just what I think.

Rosalina and Luma said:
I think the costume idea should defiantly be something to consider for Mario Kart 9, it will help out the average rosters of the past two games.

Ghost said:

if he'll have an epona vehicle....that'll mean that baby luigi will get to drive it

:) :) :)

Back