Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKloPLXLIA

マリチャン (NintendoMchannel) said:
Mario Kart DS's popular vehicle,
"B Dasher" will be available on DLC Pack 1.

4 vehicles will be included in the DLC Pack 1,
and "B Dasher" will be one of them.

"B Dasher" is a top speed oriented vehicle for circuit.
Have fun!
zlCfzSeLSR0XoU2wJw

So there's the Blue Falcon (from MKW although the updated design) and the B-Dasher (from MK7 and MKDS). Both of them are retro kart parts. We may get two more retro kart parts and 4 new kart parts.

Ugh out of all car parts they returned, it had to be that ugly cigarette-shaped car that was already retroed in 7? Can I have Idk the Blue Seven or the Hurricane instead

DLC parts seem to only apply to vehicle bodies, but not so much wheels and/or gliders. The GLA Tires are the only exception so far.

Anyway, it would really be neat if there are kart bodies that are based on the Warp Star and Landmaster. The Warp Star would share its stats with the Biddybuggy, while the Landmaster would share its stats with the Steel Driver.

B Dasher will have the stats of the Gold Kart I guess.
That would be cool if they make karts with differents stats from all the ones we have, but I doubt it would happen.

Hammer Theory time. Online & DLC. What I think happens on the background is that when people connect, they send some information with it that indicates what DLC they have, and only groups them with people that also have that DLC. However, I think that if a group in entirely does not use a DLC character or vehicle, people without DLC are able to join it, but without the option to select any DLC cups. This would be pretty annoying though for the DLC-owners, so may not happen, unless it is a Friends-room maybe.

On the other hand, what happens when non-DLC-owners try to join a friend that do have the DLC or vice versa? Possible that it returns an error. To test this, I would need someone that for some reason hasn't downloaded the Mercedes DLC yet.

Last thing that might be incorporated is that Tournaments gain the option to control what DLC does or doesn't get used. DLC-owners can always join, non-owners only if DLC is disabled. Same thing with rooms.

Other theories?

Before I downloaded the Mercedes DLC I was still able to play online with people who were using Mercedes karts, and I am also able to see different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys even though I haven't bought both DLC packs yet, so almost definitely there is data for characters and vehicles included in the 2.0 update, but no tracks judging by the download size.

MrBean and Chadderz are working using the 1.0 version of the game, so we don't know if there is data for the upcoming DLC characters and vehicles already in the 2.0 update or if we'll get another update in November and May for those extra characters, but seeing as they are evidently at least mostly finished anyway it's highly likely that there won't be more updates to come for the DLC.

Tracks however are a different story, my theory is that the standard global race and battle options will not allow DLC tracks to be chosen while the custom global option and tournaments will allow you to choose to enter rooms that are DLC tracks enabled, and anyone can use any character or vehicle regardless if everyone else has purchased them. Still have no idea how it will work in friends rooms.

If Nintendo is just going to give us Nintendo characters instead of Mario characters as DLC... fine then. But give me Kirby Goddammit!

DaKid said:
If Nintendo is just going to give us Nintendo characters instead of Mario characters as DLC... fine then. But give me Kirby Goddammit!
dang you, Konno and Sakurai! We'll probably wait for Pack 3, somewhere in 2015. Just saying.

I AM RED YOSHI! said:
DaKid said:
dang you, Konno and Sakurai! We'll probably wait for Pack 3, somewhere in 2015. Just saying.
Sakurai's choice if character would be Dark Pit not Kirby.

Although I agree with the fact they should of been more Nintendo dlc rather than cat peach.

I get the feeling that just maybe, amiibo will solve most of these characters absences, especially Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong as I've already said.

SKmarioman said:
I get the feeling that just maybe, amiibo will solve most of these characters absences, especially Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong as I've already said.

i don't want to buy figurines to unlock characters

like the terrible skylanders

Baby Luigi said:
SKmarioman said:

i don't want to buy figurines to unlock characters

I don't either, I'm just theorizing at this point.

Baby Luigi said:
hush

also yeah that's not a bad theory, amiibo is supposed to be useable with MK8
that would be a way to do it
that would also help explain why link and villager got in, maybe Nintendo is hinting at amiibos

I just want to see the new tracks

it's sexy how the piranha plant pot goes through the b-dasher

"Hey babe, wanna put my b dasher in your piranha plant?"

Back