Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Lakituthequick said:
Have we already considered what sounds Link will have actually? Because he doesn't usually speak. (Note: I haven't played or watched tLoZ:SS gameplay.)

HEYA! HAAAAA! TRAAAA! YAAA!

Lakituthequick said:
Have we already considered what sounds Link will have actually? Because he doesn't usually speak. (Note: I haven't played or watched tLoZ:SS gameplay.)

Characters don't really "speak" in Mario Kart they mostly scream. Link screams a lot. So It's percet for him

I'm more concerned about how Villager and Isabelle will sound like since they don't even have a voice

Baby Luigi said:
Lakituthequick said:

Characters don't really "speak" in Mario Kart they mostly scream. Link screams a lot. So It's percet for him

I'm more concerned about how Villager and Isabelle will sound like since they don't even have a voice

I imagine they'll just have Animal Crossing sound effects and such for the Villager. Isabelle having just different ways of having those talking noises they make. Using Animal Crossing sounds in a similar way to how they do Yoshi in Mario Kart.

I guess they could use sound effects...that's how they ROB work in Mario Kart DS after all

Lakituthequick said:
What does Skyward Sword Link even sound like?

Dr. Mario said:
Lakituthequick said:
Not that different from any other link.

Lakituthequick said:
I think they'll reuse Link's voice clips from Ocarina of Time (or maybe Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors).

Northern Verve said:
I imagine they'll just have Animal Crossing sound effects and such for the Villager. Isabelle having just different ways of having those talking noises they make. Using Animal Crossing sounds in a similar way to how they do Yoshi in Mario Kart.
I think Villager will have all-new voice clips with reused voice clips from SSB4.

Dr. Mario said:
Lakituthequick said:
After my post I watched a cutscene reel of that game, it is mostly sounds that you'd expect from a boy his age, without words. I think they can either re-use voice clips or rehire the actor from that game.

About the DLC.
If I purchased the DLC, it says that I need to wait until release (Pack 1: maybe at the start of November).

I was wondering if someone tries to change the current date to November 1st.

I AM RED YOSHI! said:
About the DLC.
If I purchased the DLC, it says that I need to wait until release (Pack 1: maybe at the start of November).

It doesn't work that way. You have to wait until the DLC packs are officially released before you can download them. Changing your Wii U's calendar will not do anything.

Going to change my Wii U calendar to 31st December so I can download Smash Bros for Wii U.

I AM RED YOSHI! said:
About the DLC.

It only updates it's shit if it is available on Nintendo's servers. It doesn't care about when it is available. If for some random reason the update is released in two hours, it will be downloaded in two hours.

As a matter of fact, the DLC is already on your Wii U. It just does not contain characters and courses yet.

My new dreams of putting unfitting heavy metal music in Sweet Sweet Canyon are gonna come true one day.....

Baby Luigi said:
My new dreams of putting unfitting heavy metal music in Sweet Sweet Canyon are gonna come true one day.....
Oh, I think you can already do that.

Step 1: Upload video as "sound-effect only" or whatever (just the driver noises)
Step 2: Save video to video library in your desktop or whatever
Step 3: Delete video of YouTube
Step 4: Take saved video and add metal music

done

It's not the same as actually having the music play, y'know, in-game

Rosalina and Luma said:
Baby Luigi said:

Step 1: Upload video as "sound-effect only" or whatever (just the driver noises)

done
That's lame. Besides, you can't have the trippy sky as well. I want the trippy sky to be in my game.

Baby Luigi said:
It's not the same as actually having the music play, y'know, in-game

Dr. Mario said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Baby Luigi said:

done
That's lame. Besides, you can't have the trippy sky as well. I want the trippy sky to be in my game.

Oh, that's what you meant?

Sorry, video won't load. but i am unable to hack my wii u other than brawl

Dr. Mario said:
Besides, you can't have the trippy sky as well. I want the trippy sky to be in my game.

You want trippy everything, don't you?

Being trippy is awesome that's why

The trippy sky was awesome. They should do it another course.

On the other note (for the MKW CTGP fans), here's a look of the Incendia Castle in Mario Kart 8!

I AM RED YOSHI! said:
The trippy sky was awesome. They should do it another course.

On the other note (for the MKW CTGP fans), here's a look of the Incendia Castle in Mario Kart 8!
how did they hack it so fast

So... they're returning that custom track from Mario kart wii

Lakituthequick said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
how did they hack it so fast
A lot of the stuff is very similar to how MKWii works.

But while they say it looks ugly, I gotta say it looks pretty neat for the current stage.
Apparently it was unhackable. Ugh, I can't even hack MKWii or my Wii at all (except Brawl), so time to relive my past of infinite blue shells on me again. >.<

It's cool, but I don't want it to turn into a hack-fest, if you catch my drift.

Back