Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

SKmarioman said:
Now this is making me feel bad even though none of us are really responsible.

I don't think anyone hates you, the losers are probably flipping at the RNG, not you.

What I found is that in the rare cases I do play online I always end up kicking ass.

CPU practice does work!

Fire Emblem Character said:
What I found is that in the rare cases I do play online I always end up kicking ass.

CPU practice does work!
Amen.

I think I'm a decent Mario player even though my only opponents are CPUs.

CPU practice does work!

I tend to be better than the average player even though I'm classified as a "gamer who plays for fun rather than to win, but still knows intricacies and aspects of high-level play" aka I play usually with only bots as my competition.

Baby Luigi said:

CPU practice does work!

I tend to be better than the average player even though I'm classified as a "gamer who plays for fun rather than to win, but still knows intricacies and aspects of high-level play" aka I play usually with only bots as my competition.

Yeah, that's pretty much me. It kind of applies to Smash for me too, but I'm much worse at that than I am at Mario Kart.

I know this is huge LGM bait, but I actually kind of wish Dr. Mario was in as a costume or something... I would have preferred him over Tanooki Mario, at least.

The more Mario the better. Dr. Mario SHOULD be in, and if I had to choose one or the other, it would be Dr. Mario. After all, Dr. Mario is cooler.

Doc would have been a better choice than Tanooki Mario. Put that Smash amiibo to good use.

That does raise the question of what could be done with Diddy and Junior amiibos from Smash. Maybe have them work with Mk8 as well?

the diddy amiibo makes diddy kong return, but with his Brawl voice.

GalacticPetey said:
Better than no Diddy at all.
I disagree.

Have Diddy Kong's appropriate voice or it's a no go.

and the bowser jr one just makes him have one of his koopaling alt skins
no, make bowser jr an alt of all the koopalings

GalacticPetey said:
Doc would have been a better choice than Tanooki Mario. Put that Smash amiibo to good use.

That does raise the question of what could be done with Diddy and Junior amiibos from Smash. Maybe have them work with Mk8 as well?

Who said they're getting Amiibo figures?

Claus said:
GalacticPetey said:

It was stated that all Smash characters would be getting amiibos.

GalacticPetey said:
Claus said:
GalacticPetey said:

It was stated that all Smash characters would be getting amiibos.

I thought it just said that most of the Smash characters were getting it, but mainly just the more popular and iconic ones.

Think this logically...why the crap would they restrict amiibo functionality to select characters

That... really wouldn't fit with the idea of having all the characters be equal. Since Mario, Link and Kirby are front and center in advertising anyways, I don't think that stuck

The purpose of the amiibos for Smash is to create those cool enhanced fighters. Limiting that to only a few wouldn;t be fair.

GalacticPetey said:
The purpose of the amiibos for Smash is to create those cool enhanced fighters. Limiting that to only a few wouldn;t be fair.

GP, please, I mean I want them all for all fighters (and slowly I'll add my collection for them), but it's Nintendo. Fair isn't really in their category, especially when it comes to fair selection of characters.

Claus said:
GalacticPetey said:

GP, please, I mean I want them all for all fighters (and slowly I'll add my collection for them), but it's Nintendo. Fair isn't really in their category, especially when it comes to fair selection of characters.

But if the fairness amounts to more figures being sold, they'll make more figures for a better profit

? Block said:
Claus said:
GalacticPetey said:

But if the fairness amounts to more figures being sold, they'll make more figures for a better profit

Hey, I'm not Nintendo, and I don't know what they'll do. All I know is that if they don't make Amiibos for them all, I would not be surprised. That's all I was saying.

GalacticPetey said:

We'd never get by without amiibos for Ganondorf and Jigglypuff!

Does anyone know any information about the first pack? Like the exact date it's being released? It's weird we still don't have any info, as it's only one month away.

Anser said:
Does anyone know any information about the first pack? Like the exact date it's being released? It's weird we still don't have any info, as it's only one month away.

Nah, but I'd bet it releases like a week before smash (in america).

Back