Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

While I hate their inclusion as well, I think the two "clones" have more business in Mario Kart than Link and the Animal Crossing characters, for the sole reason that they originated in a Mario game.

actually, i see link and animal crossing as guest characters so even i believe that they're far more substantial options than the costumed guys

it's like saying link doesn't belong in soul calibur or pac-man doesn't belong in mario kart arcade gp

I don't have a problem with any of the characters
I just know neither me nor my dad (we're the only ones who play mk8 in my life) are ever going to use the new characters no matter who they are, and also the chances of us using the new karts are slim
so it's a bit of a waste of money paying for them when all I want is the tracks

I see Link and the Animal Crossing characters that are novelties that will be fun to play as for the first few days or so. But it's really the tracks that will withstand more playability. I don't care who else they put in the roster anyway, cause this is Mario Kart. Any new character will pretty much play similarly to another. I don't take Mario Kart rosters or most Mario Spin-Off games as seriously as I do Smash Bros. Mario Kart has not given me a reason to care for any standards for the roster. The only exception may be is that everyone playable in Mario Kart 64 should return in every installment, but they're pretty much all guaranteed anyway.

The reason I care about Mario spinoff rosters is that that's the only time a large all-star cast of Mario characters competes together. I don't like it that my favorite Mario characters miss out all the time.

Mario Kart 8 better be canon in the zelda universe
also played this again for the first time in months the other day, Forgot how fun this was.

King Graham said:

"one day link was bored af

so he called up the gang and they went kart racing

plays after Link: The Faces of Evil and before Link's Crossbow Training (BGE by the way <3) in the timeline."

King Graham said:

i totally agree

Maki Nishikino said:
I expect to see the Master Cycle in Zelda Wii U

/s

They'd have to make Hyrule Field much bigger than it already is :p

I expect to get the release date for the DLC tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct. Also how the amiibos are going to work in this game.

Even though I'm not going to buy any.

oh dear lord, YES! I hope they announce a new Paper Mario.

Hoping they'll announce some DLC characters I actually care about this time.

There are some interesting costumes like Kirby and Falcon. But a Mii is still a freaking Mii with an horrible voice....
Unless they change it but I don't expect them to.

Well, images are still broken, so we'll have to wait till they aren't.

Chances are that site isn't ready yet, just that by guessing the URL it already is accessible.

REPOST: Now the entire page has disappeared. They figured out that there was traffic to the page I guess.

Back